IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Derby last played at the Baseball Ground in 1996 / 97, the final cup game played was a sixth round defeat to Middlesbrough (no research). How some are under the impression Rams still use it as a venue is outstanding. Ipro isn't so bad when other club outfits have had worse titles such as The Ricoh Arena, Walkers Stadium and the ill advised Sports Direct (.com) arena. But haven't Newcastle United got the rightful name of Saint James' Park back now. Been too any damn venue changes / name changing, in recent years that can be a struggle to keep up with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25082763

bad tackle?! he kicked lumps out of the lad!

He got outmuscled and threw a tantrum, the same way he did for England... whats the matter Wayne? Can't anyone be physically strong enough to hold you off???

Physically Rooney doesn't make the most of his genetics. Naturally he is an endomorph - he will put weight on very easily, is naturally powerful but needs to be careful with his diet. They say he doesn't do weights - I think he needs to! Yes you increase your weight with them but its all relevant. I'm 5ft10 and weigh 17st and can still shift - as long as you are doing squats, sprints, and core exercises an extra inch or two across the chest won't slow you down.

There are footballers out there like Bale who despite being slighter will probably outmuscle rooney because of their training regime. Look at Barkley now - clearly the weight room is having a positive impact.

United should be on 3 yellow cards and Kyle Walker is plop. Not much quality in the game Rooney-aside, stop him from getting the ball and it will be a doddle on Wednesday night. Just hope we get a ref not scared of to book the dirty bastards.

Spurs are finding holes in Man Us defense all the time by dropping it in behind the defenders. Can see Mirallas and Deulofeu having a blast on wednesday. (Hope RM plays them both)

With Hull beating the shite, its makes me even more annoyed we didn't stuff them last weekend. Frustrating.

I thought it was the manner of our performance not the result that gave us the platform to produce what we did on Saturday. If Liverpool played like they did against us they would have beaten Hull. Just gotta be happy that we made 3 points on them in a must win game for them. Must admit though, I am looking at the table and adding 7-8 points to our tally as a guide as where we should be...