IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Fulham's defence is comical, both goals conceeded too easily from set-pieces.

Former Leicester striker Steve Claridge on Final ScoreLiverpool 3-0 Fulham

"It is staggering watching Fulham. They look like they have a manager who is waiting to get beaten.

"There is no redeeming feature to this display. It is unrecognisable defending for this level of football.

"It could be double figures."

Former Leicester striker Steve Claridge on Final ScoreLiverpool 3-0 Fulham

"It is staggering watching Fulham. They look like they have a manager who is waiting to get beaten.

"There is no redeeming feature to this display. It is unrecognisable defending for this level of football.

"It could be double figures."

Had the 1st 15 mins on waiting for the Everton game then only half watched the rest. It is shocking stuff, they might as well have put the reserves out as they haven't gone for a result at all.

32 - Liverpool's total of 32 shots vs Fulham today (inc. blocked) is the most recorded by a team in a PL game this season. Rampant.

Edited by pete0

FA Cup 1st round - excellent win for Stourbridge today (down the road from me). Would like them to reach 3rd round and draw us. Based on our performance against Palace today I wouldn't fancy our chances if Stourbridge were in the mood for it!

Watching FA Cup highlights instead of that boring up its own arse Premier League shite. It is frigging boring though, isn't it!

Just saw the Chelsea pen....laughable.

I am really demoralized about this. The evidence is becoming clear: football has become a multi-billion pound industry, and the FA have directed referees to ensure the big teams stay at the top to boost ratings. Another big factor has to be the paymasters ("follow the money"), since several of the biggest sponsors are the betting companies. I just can't understand how betting companies are even allowed to get involved given the huge conflict of interest. We'd never allow such a thing in other industries. Of course they influence games. We'd been incredibly naive to think otherwise.

As football supporters, we're being played for all its worth - paying larger and larger sums in return for more and more rigged games. Honestly, I feel like throwing in the towel sometimes and not following football any more. Maybe I'm just too big a cynic.

I am really demoralized about this. The evidence is becoming clear: football has become a multi-billion pound industry, and the FA have directed referees to ensure the big teams stay at the top to boost ratings. Another big factor has to be the paymasters ("follow the money"), since several of the biggest sponsors are the betting companies. I just can't understand how betting companies are even allowed to get involved given the huge conflict of interest. We'd never allow such a thing in other industries. Of course they influence games. We'd been incredibly naive to think otherwise.

As football supporters, we're being played for all its worth - paying larger and larger sums in return for more and more rigged games. Honestly, I feel like throwing in the towel sometimes and not following football any more. Maybe I'm just too big a cynic.

The late Stoke penalty v Swansea today suggests it's incompetence rather than anything more sinister....it was, if anything, even more ridiculous than the Chelsea one.

The Daily Mail are running a story about Adam Johnson showing his playful side and great friendship with Aguero after Johnson pinched Aguero's arse before yesterday's game. What a cheeky minx he is, that Johnson. I'll bet they howled laughing and nudged each other, knowingly, in a bloke way.

The only downside is the Mail ran the story under the headline; "Football Star In Immigrant Sex Abuse Scandal"

Mad weekend, had a feeling Man U would get a result against Arsenal. I just felt that they were dangerous as people were writing them off. They did it as expected - with little creativity but excellent organisation and discipline. Still feel Arsenal lacked a bit of self-belief though - can't believe Giroud didn't pull the trigger on his strong foot after he shimmied inside the box beautifully.

Man City's away form continues. It's been going on for a few years now - they're very Jekyll and Hyde. I don't mind them but to lose four out of six away games is truly shocking for a title contender.

The other English games were interesting too, although I only saw Spurs-Toon in full. Remy is a quality player - beautiful goal he scored. Krul was absolutely sublime, a true 10/10 performance. I also saw Atletico and Barca. The latter played well as expected and the former were outplayed by Villarreal. It's great to see Villarreal back in La Liga and they're building a good team. They're probably the first team I've seen outplay Atletico this season, so fair play to them.

I saw that Juve hammered Napoli but I didn't see any of that game.

Edited by Nikica

I thought they played at the Baseball Ground. Most grounds, it seems, have changed names since I left Britain - when Maine Road and Highbury were still around.

The Baseball Ground was knocked down (it's a block of houses now) and Derby moved to Pride Park. It's now been re-branded.