IGNORED

Newcastle

pete0

Baines and Pienaar have been superb. Osman and Mirallas playing really well too. Mirallas having a lot of shots and though they were all decent efforts, it would be nice to see a cross from time to time. He crossed the ball to Fellaini for Jelly's offside goal, but that's about the only one where he crossed, I think.

I registered tonight because I felt so incredibly moved by what Everton did tonight! You guys showed absolute class. I may be from the red side but I will never ever hear a bad word said against the blue side ever again! Hold your heads up high.

Thanks for that. Was done really well I thought....great choice of song.

Pretty much going to echo the comments already made. Baines is having a stormer, Pienaar, Osman, Felli & Mirallas all linking nicely. The defence look strong and the only weak link so far is Neville. I actually cant wait to see Gibson, Osman & Felli all through the centre.

I hope Jelavic is going to be alright. It looked nasty and he has done well to play that long. The Newcastle CB's look weak so this is time for Vic to shine. I wont be holding my breath though!

Inspired first 30 minutes. Newcastle have however clawed their way back in it. We could be 3 or 4 up by now. Mirallas shot when he cut in from the left deserved a better fate. Pienaar should have used Osman. Jags in the post. Mirallas had another shot when he should have played Jelavic.

Im liking the look of Mirallas but as someone previously said he needs to know when to shot and when to pass.

Baines has been brilliant, there isnt a better LB in england, cant believe that Cole gets his spot in England.

Did Pardew really say that Newcastle are in a whole other league than Everton? Thats what they are saying on Swedish tv.

Felli has been good, Osman and Pienaar have had a great game so far. Meed to press on for another because Newcastle look fairly dangerous at times.

If Neville is going to add nothing going forward he at least needs to avoid giving the game away. Now that we have a few options on the right of midfield we're going to have to retrain some of the lads out of their 'always go left' mentality. Saw a couple opportunities when Mirallas or Hibbert were in acres of space but no one looked right, just straight out to Baines/Pienaar. Obviously nothing wrong with feeding those two, but they'll be much more effective if we don't let teams press numbers to their side by maintaining an attacking threat down the right. In that vein I think our next real priority has to be a more attacking right back. If Coleman isn't going to be trusted to do the job then we need to bring in someone who can.

I like Mirallas' attacking intent, but as others have said he needs to just have a quick look up before pulling the trigger. That or at least go for the far post so someone can pick up a rebound or get a touch. Also think his passing technique is going to need work. You can just see that he seems to lift it a bit quite often making it tough to control his passes. He sees the right ball, but the way he hits it makes it hard for the receiver to play fluidly as the pass arrives.

Great goal by Baines with a lovely flick from Pienaar. Should really be about 4-1 now, and we need to finish our chances or we will let them back in. They're playing shite, but still a team full of match winners. Come out second half like we started the first and we'll cruise, but we need to get that second goal. Don't think Howard has had a save to make, hope we keep it that way. Fellaini looking good without really dominating, popping up quite a bit on the wings and I wonder if he isn't a bit wasted there. Would rather keep him parked between the 18 yard lines whenever possible, as I reckon Anichebe will be in rather greater need of his support than Jelly was.

COYB, 3rd in the table beckons.

0-2 min. COYB! Lets see how we start.

3-6 min. Damn, did Jelly got hurt?

7-15 Oh man! Were having so good team now, its only a matter of time when we score.

16-45 COYB! With playing like this, achieving something this season is reality!

Baines and Miraillas have been immense. And i dont wanna forget Peanuts and Felli either. Miraillas really wants to do a goal today. And ill think he will. And he looks like hes having a lot of goals coming this season. It was totally beautiful shot with running full pace. Now just have to keep pushing and get at least 1 more. COYB!

Excellent first half. Quite worried about Jelavic going off injured though.

That said, we are actually having a good start to the season. Who's to say Big Vic won't have a stormer and score a hat trick second half? Anything can happen it seems.

rofl.gif

I want what youre having!

Ba on.... Him and Cisse work together very well, lets hope we keep the ball...

One dimensional. Why are we focussing on left, get Mirallas into the game.

yeah, I suppose youre right. Stop using the combination that was ripping them to shreads and led to a goal because of a mistake from the centre of midfield and defence.... Makes perfect sense..... Edited by Matt