IGNORED

Newcastle

pete0

No from me about YNWA, dreadful song and nothing to do with Hillsborough.

Not being argumentative because it's not a subject to argue about (and I'm hesitant to even offer an opinion not being local) but Z Cars was nothing to do with Rhys but they played it at Anfield.

I'd like it to happen personally.

Not being argumentative because it's not a subject to argue about (and I'm hesitant to even offer an opinion not being local) but Z Cars was nothing to do with Rhys but they played it at Anfield.

I'd like it to happen personally.

I may come across as a bit petty, but I feel that Hillsborough disaster has affected both sides of Liverpool equally. The families are 50-50, YNWA takes away from that imo, it takes away from the blue half who also lost their family and friends that day, and with previous experience of non-scouse Liverpool fans trying to inform me of that day it seems even their own fans don't realise that. Purple kits like with Rhys would be a good idea, something that represents the City as a whole.

A bit off topic!! There has been suggestions on other everton forums that "you'll never walk alone" should be played before the game as a sign of respect to the 96 who lost there life and their family's who may finally see justice. What are your views on this? Personally I think it would be a great gesture (can't believe I am saying this)

I'd be against it myself, I'm all for the respect for Hillsbrough but I coulden't bring myself to allow YNWA played in Goodison Park.

I feel it wouldn't be appropriate to play You'll never walk alone at Goodison Park. I appreciate the circumstances, but all said it's nothing I'd like to see (or hear) occur at our stadium. And how many would join in anyway if they went ahead with it? I dislike Liverpool more than some, but respect all those who lost their lives on the day in question, but once again, YNWA at Goodison Park? No, it's not for some.

I think it’s entirely appropriate they play it and I hope everyone sings it. Time to let petty rivalry stop and supporters see the bigger picture. It’s a song from Carousel, for God’s sake, and about a struggle we’re all going to face at one point in our lives.

Why should we sing YNWA? Their fans sung that to show their support to Suarez, it shouldn't even be allowed at their ground anymore.

- There are more fitting songs

- We could wear a kit with the Liver bird emblem in the Everton crest / Purple kit

- the fans stay until the 96th minute and clap for the 96 souls.

- a traditional minutes silence

- the families do a lap of honour (they've only got the truth up to now, we're still waiting for the justice)

- a mini derby

Any of these would be more fitting. An I'd imagine a lot of people will have the scarfs to show their support. Everton fans will show their affection, we don't need an anthem to prove it.

Why should we sing YNWA? Their fans sung that to show their support to Suarez, it shouldn't even be allowed at their ground anymore.

I'm a bit confused by your comments. Are you against the song because you think it's 'dreadful', because it has become inextricably connected to LFC and therefore something an Everton fan shouldn't countenance singing, or because there are better ways to express solidarity? Or all three?

On the first point, I disagree.

On the second, I refer to my previous post and say the song is from Carousel. It doesn't belong just to LFC. And, even if it did, expressing solidarity with its message is a worthy, human thing to do.

On point three, there may be better ways to show support. The original question was what your views would be, not which is best.

Edited by formby

I'm a bit confused by your comments. Are you against the song because you think it's 'dreadful', because it has become inextricably connected to LFC and therefore something an Everton fan shouldn't countenance singing, or because there are better ways to express solidarity? Or all three?

On the first point, I disagree.

On the second, I refer to my previous post and say the song is from Carousel. It doesn't belong just to LFC. And, even if it did, expressing solidarity with its message is a worthy, human thing to do.

On point three, there may be better ways to show support. The original question was what your views would be, not which is best.

I would lean more towards toxic. It is what their fans have done to the song, as it is no more than a symbol of a bunch of bitter blind bigots now.

If it's just a song you want to express solidarity, there is many more. This is not a Liverpool FC tragedy alone, they are Merseyside family members first and foremost, it should represent the 96 of them and their families - who happen to support both sides.

I remember an incident not to long ago where the Liverpool Football Club played Z Cars at Anfield out of respect for a young lad. Are we so much less than them?

Play it I say, show respect to the fans who perished, they are family too. Only those who can not understand that there are more important things than football would refuse to play it. How many of us as Evertonians lost a family member or friend at Hillsborough?

Gotta be honest, my appetite for football has gone this week. The report this week has made me realise big time that no one in the authorities gives a flying fuck about us fans - human beings. Feelings that I thought weren't possible carried over from a time where I was too young to understand.

Simple terms - it could have been evertonians in that crush, it turns out we ended up playing Norwich at villa park.

IMO we should just put the Hillsbrough flames on the back of our shirt like Liverpool have done, like someone mentioned earlier there are much better ways to remember the people that died than playing YNWA around the ground.

I like this idea, the YNWA thing is just going to cause far too many arguments, and we will never hear the end of it, i bet the buffoon union are loving the idea of YNWA being played at GP Edited by theprisoner

Spent a good few hours the other night looking at details. I'll leave it at this...

Some Fans behaved then and behave now in minorities as totally unacceptable. Some are unbelievably stupid and it is up to us reasonable folk to stand up to them. However football matches aren't Coldplay concerts, we know this, the FA know this and the police know this.

I move on from this as for 23 years the government and press and police had a problem in doing so - it was their excuse and they used it as a sole reason... The problem is, the fans as a whole were failed!!! I've stood many a time next to the biggest dickhead on the planet who happens to wear a blue shirt. does that mean I should be crushed to death? Does it fuck.

my cousin was there, my best mate was there, both escaped. The fact is this - my mates dad was a detective in merseyside police and got him out 20 minutes before kick off. How did he have that foresight and none of those prejudiced twats from syp have that??? Fact is in that era fans were viewed as low life, and moreso people from Liverpool.

I seen some spiteful shite comments from Sheffield Wednesday fans, and to be honest giving them a potential world beater in ross Barkley is a problem to me. I know if may be a minority but the opinion of scouters disgusts me.

We all owe it to the dead to never accept anything other than a Coldplay concert experience when attending a mass event. It goes for the police, the organisers and fellow fans. And yeah i did say fans, it would be ridiculous to say there was not a few there who behaved in a way they shouldn't have - but that should never be the difference between life and death. On the whole the Liverpool fans were remarkable that day.

I want to move on from this, and hopefully the families of the dead can do so after the likes of bettison, sir irving Tory fascist twat whatever his name is, kelvin Mckenzie and no doubt many more are locked up facing pure none lethal claustrophobic pain.

Justice for far more than the 96. YNWA

1-0 jelavic

I remember an incident not to long ago where the Liverpool Football Club played Z Cars at Anfield out of respect for a young lad. Are we so much less than them?

Play it I say, show respect to the fans who perished, they are family too. Only those who can not understand that there are more important things than football would refuse to play it. How many of us as Evertonians lost a family member or friend at Hillsborough?

It would have been a better gesture to wear the purple kit. Playing YNWA is cheap and tacky, something I'd expect at a Southern club were the rivalries are more bitter. Likes playing your exes favourite song and having a dance with her at your wedding. There is a lot more the club could do to show respect.

- 96 torches round the pitch.

- A 96 flag on the Bullens Road roof.

An EFC spokesman confirmed that a presentation in the form of an animated graphic would be shown on the Goodison big screen before kick-off with a script paying tribute to the 96 victims and their families.

He added: “We will also have children in Everton and Liverpool kits who will be led onto the pitch.”

I'd like to see this on Monday night....:

Howard

Hibbert Jags Heitinga Baines

Felli Osman

Naismith Mirallas Pienaar

Jelavic

....although in reality it'll probably be Neville with Felli in the centre & Osman further forward with Mirallas on the bench, unless Hibbo is still out & Nev drops to RB, and Distan in for Johnny.

I'm gonna say 2-0, Jelavic & a Baines pen.

Really hope to see Felli sitting deep with no Neville/Heitinga in midfield. Not sure Heitinga played much for Netherlands in the qualifiers, so I'd be surprised to see him start. I'm fairly certain Moyes will play it safe and start with at least one of our new attackers (Nais/Kev) on the bench and Coleman in front of Nev or Hibbo.

Howard

Hibbo Jags Distin Baines

Felli

Coleman Osman Pienaar

Nais

Jellyfish

Don't see either team keeping a clean sheet and I think their absentees will tell more than ours. 3 - 1 with the third coming late after a period of them being on top

Jelly, Baines and Kev for us, Ba for them.

Now that I read the above I felt like saying Leon Osman for first strike of the night. I don't know what the odds are but I have good instincts about this. Just a feeling.

Toon travel down tomorrow (today now) without their regular goalkeeper, captain, key players in defense and midfield and with Pardew sitting out a two match ban. If we win again it could be a top three place by this time tomorrow as I understand.

Now that I read the above I felt like saying Leon Osman for first strike of the night. I don't know what the odds are but I have good instincts about this. Just a feeling.

Toon travel down tomorrow (today now) without their regular goalkeeper, captain, key players in defense and midfield and with Pardew sitting out a two match ban. If we win again it could be a top three place by this time tomorrow as I understand.

Osman and Pienaar at 11-1. Gonna split a fiver (I'm a povo student happy.png ) on Pienaar, Osman and Jags.

I wonder what Odds they have on Tony Hibbert scoring again. Bear in mind, the reserve goalkeeper or second in line they have, may not be so benevolent as that Athens 'keeper from a few weeks ago. There may not be another 'Hans Segers' moment at Goodison Park tonight if Hibbert has another attempt on goal. If not Osman, then Jelavic maybe, he needs to get back to the end of last seasons form.

Gonna have a cheeky punt on first goal scorer, any tips??

Looking at Jags at 29-1 odds, not bad given his threat in the box off a set piece.

Jags to score anytime doubled with Everton to win is 16/1. Less odds than yours, but it's a safer bet if you're putting a bit on.

Boylesport offer an assist market. Baines favourite opposition is Newcastle having 4 assists against them and is worth a flutter at 14/1 first assist or 9/2 anytime.

If you don't mind throwing a pound away:

Jelavic hatrick is 40/1

Jelavic fgs Everton 5-0 is 290/1