IGNORED

Newcastle

pete0

WBA have just kicked our shins and brought us out of the clouds. However it shouldn't effect us too much and could be the realisation the club need to focus on the long season ahead.

At the end of last season we gave them a roast to bring them back down to Earth, with our difference in quality shining bright it was a walk in the park. I pretty much expect the same again, maybe not as easy, but other than for a special moment from Cisse or Ben Arfa I can't see Newcastle posing a threat. Plus we have the added bonus of a Monday night Goodison park atmosphere :) to spur us on.

3-0 Naismith, Osman, and Jela. Hopefully, we'll get a glimpse of the new boys as well.

We always seem to bring our best play to highly rated teams like this. Newcastle seems to be slightly overrated (which means we'll play them like they're Man City, while they're really more of a Fulham). And we saw what we did to them at the end of last season. I expect more of the same. I'm sure Moyes will have a solid game plan that we will execute.

2-0 Jela and Naismith

Pardew as mentioned will be watching from the stands and he starts a two match sit out after a push on an assistant match official and was fined £20,000 for his troubles.

I admire what he has done there, has done some impressive work the last ten years with other clubs, but still don't think that will make any difference as we beat this opposition on Monday. I think with the home venue, and the players will want to give something back and the crowd behind us, that should work in our favor and hopefully be the difference. They're not bad opposition, but we have the capabilities to maintain our fine start here.

Everton 1 Newcastle United 0

Much less positive after WBA. Think Gibson's presence or lack thereof could be quite important. If he's not fit though, we'd best have a plan that is not Neville in midfield or we'll be over run. If we set out right and play high tempo we'll dominate, if, however, we play mamby pamby stuff like we did at the Hawthorns then we'll be made to pay for it.

Pardew as mentioned will be watching from the stands and he starts a two match sit out after a push on an assistant match official and was fined £20,000 for his troubles.

Everton 1 Newcastle United 0

Reminds me of the last time Newcastle had their manager in the stands against us only 4 years ago, Joe Kinear and he missed the goal http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/3122366/Newcastle-United-manager-Joe-Kinnear-loses-tunnel-vision-during-Goodison-Park-draw-Football.html

I feel I should apologize to Tyneside people, but those fucking accents are murder. dry.png

I'm sure they're nice people, but the accents of the area are criminal, I'm sorry.

There's a show on during the early hours on Challenge called Dirty Money and the guy has an awful Tyneside accent. Can't get subtitles even, damn it. I apologize again.

I feel I should apologize to Tyneside people, but those fucking accents are murder. dry.png

I'm sure they're nice people, but the accents of the area are criminal, I'm sorry.

There's a show on during the early hours on Challenge called Dirty Money and the guy has an awful Tyneside accent. Can't get subtitles even, damn it. I apologize again.

:shaking fist:

half geordie accent so i'm only half criminal i guess ;)

Much less positive after WBA. Think Gibson's presence or lack thereof could be quite important. If he's not fit though, we'd best have a plan that is not Neville in midfield or we'll be over run. If we set out right and play high tempo we'll dominate, if, however, we play mamby pamby stuff like we did at the Hawthorns then we'll be made to pay for it.

Agree with this, WBA exposed us a bit at the weekend and we need a strong performance against a Newcastle side who have proved they can hurt even the best sides due to their abundance of match winning players. Controlling the tempo early on is going to be important and Neville in midfield isn't the best way to go about it, if Gibson isn't fit then moving Fellaini back next to Osman would be a better option.

Also going to need a good defensive performance to keep Cisse, Ba, etc quiet, another good reason to move Fellaini back a bit if we're minus Gibson.

I agree, think we need to move Fellaini back into DM just so he doesn't get taken out the game. He can eat forwards for breakfast but I think the Newcastle defenders will do what WBA did if he plays up top again. Might we have another DM in time for this game?! Perhaps Odjidja will sit back with him and Ossie will push up, or even Mirallas behind Jelly.

I'm going for a 2-0 win. Jelavic and Mirallas.

I hope this Belgium loanee can do a job in the first team because Neville is not good enough in that role we need two players who are comfortable on the ball. I think our CM first team options should be between gibbo felli and Osman with either felli or Osman playing up with jelavic depending on the options

I'm not interested in International games, what the English, or any other national team does is immaterial, couldn't care less, but I would have wanted an actual domestic fixture again, and could have been important that after the WBA setback recently and our fine start before that, we keep focused and continue with league fixtures. Now there will be a delay of a fortnight (since last league fixture) for all league clubs to get back into action, may lose a bit of focus maybe.

I'm not interested in International games, what the English, or any other national team does is immaterial, couldn't care less, but I would have wanted an actual domestic fixture again, and could have been important that after the WBA setback recently and our fine start before that, we keep focused and continue with league fixtures. Now there will be a delay of a fortnight (since last league fixture) for all league clubs to get back into action, may lose a bit of focus maybe.

Well I for one am very interested in the International fixtures in the run up to the greatest footballing competition there is.

The break in games won't have much of an effect if any on teams momentum and so on as it applies to all and there will be a fair few players getting extra rest which will do them good such as Gibson without missing any League fixtures so for Me it's a plus....

Really pressed for time, but I never found Pardew disrespectful, maybe I didn't like what he did for any former clubs, but the fact of the matter is that he's a damn fine manager, and someone I would even had considered for the Everton job if the opportunity had been available. What would considered him ahead of someone like Allardyce, Rogers or even Lambert maybe.

Krul is out injured....Tiote and Coloccini doubtful.

Possible line up looks very weak defensively considering we play down the left, but knowing Pardew he will have learned his lesson from last year and just come here with strict instruction for his players to park the bus. I'd put money on them getting a sending off if we get into a good tempo. OS numbers feature has a fact that we get a pen every 4 games against Newcastle at Goodison, looks like that could be a banker.

-------------Harper

Anita Taylor Williamson Santon

Arfa Cabaye Bigirimana Gutierrez

----------Ba Cisse

A bit off topic!! There has been suggestions on other everton forums that "you'll never walk alone" should be played before the game as a sign of respect to the 96 who lost there life and their family's who may finally see justice. What are your views on this? Personally I think it would be a great gesture (can't believe I am saying this)

It would be a very big gesture but I think if any sign of respect is paid which it should be it will be the usual minutes silence, but it would be a nice thing to see if that did go ahead..

I just hope we turn up for this one because if we play anything like against WBA We will get dicked in the middle of the park and they will open us up!

If we come out and play as well as we know they can then I think it will be a good game and should see a positive result!