IGNORED

Newcastle

pete0

I dont care about scorers, I just hope Everton will win this game. Difficult game. Newcastle are better than WBA. Seems as if most on here are basing their bets on last seasons game.

I hope Everton come out fighting this game. 1-0 with Felli as the scorer.

Or maybe because they have Krul, Coloccini, Tiote and R.Taylor out ?

Fairly confident about this one, going to go with a 2-0 win, Jelly to get the first and Mirallas to come on and get one.

Unfortunately I dont really fancy our chances tonight. I wouldnt base anything on last seasons game at Goodison considering how poor Newcastle were that day. Tiote will be a miss, but they have that Anita to take his place and he is supposed to be a very good player, so I doubt that will weaken them much. It could be important to have Fellaini as a DM because Newcaslte are strong in the air upfront. However they arent particularly strong at the back in terms of depth or physique so with Coloccini out, Fellaini could probably do a good job up front and certainly be more productive than against Villa & West Brom.

I would simply do a straight swap with Gibson coming out and Junior going in. It might leave us a little lightweight through the middle and it might have to be a case of seeing how the game evolves after the first 15 mins. If Fellaini is dominating, and we are keeping possession then keep him there. If Newcastle are outmuscling us through the middle of midfield then drop Fellaini back to DM and move Osman to play off the striker.

Edited by Bailey

I would simply do a straight swap with Gibson coming out and Junior going in. It might leave us a little lightweight through the middle and it might have to be a case of seeing how the game evolves after the first 15 mins. If Fellaini is dominating, and we are keeping possession then keep him there. If Newcastle are outmuscling us through the middle of midfield then drop Fellaini back to DM and move Osman to play off the striker.

I would love to see this. But, I don't see Moyes even putting Cisco in the squad. We'll get both Neville and Heitinga as our DMs today. Lots of hoofing. We'll nick a goal or two.

2-1; Jelavic and Pienaar

An EFC spokesman confirmed that a presentation in the form of an animated graphic would be shown on the Goodison big screen before kick-off with a script paying tribute to the 96 victims and their families.

He added: “We will also have children in Everton and Liverpool kits who will be led onto the pitch.”

BBC...

Nice touch from Everton. Before tonight's match against Newcastle the teams are going to be led on to the pitch by two mascots, one wearing Everton's colours, the other in Liverpool's, with both children displaying the number 96 on their backs. Ballboys will also have the No 96 on their kit.

Unfortunately I dont really fancy our chances tonight. I wouldnt base anything on last seasons game at Goodison considering how poor Newcastle were that day. Tiote will be a miss, but they have that Anita to take his place and he is supposed to be a very good player, so I doubt that will weaken them much.

I read a few days ago that he might play at right back as Simpson is out. If not, hopefully Gosling will get a run out there laugh.png

I personally don't really rate Newcastle, I think they massively overachieved last season and won't get anywhere near that this year, Pardew is a twat, we almost always beat them at Goodison, and they have 4 key players missing (one of which being Krul, meaning Harper playing, who is terrible imo), so I am very confident in an Everton victory tonight!

It feels like, its been a century when we were last time playing. May be it is like that cause we lost and didnt play well. All others than Gibson should be available today. We have to get back on track, play our best and get a win today. If we play like wba... hmm i dont wanna think about that too much. COYB!

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Jelavic, Mirallas, Distin, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini

Mucha, Heitinga, Naismith, Gueye, Coleman, Anichebe, Duffy

Thought Heitinga would have started today, it's a shame he hasn't been given a chance considering our last performance. Moyes' favourites shaking%20fist.png

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, S.Taylor, Williamson, Santon, Anita, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux, Cisse.

Subs: Gosling, Ba, Bigirimana, Elliot, Ameobi, Obertan, Taverner.

We should be beating this side. Only worry is Arfa coursing Neville a few problems in the middle.

Edited by pete0