IGNORED

Newcastle

pete0

Ossie is to blame for losing the possession (had a terrible second half) but Jags shouldve been much tighter which I think wouldve made a difference. Howard was off balance too.

I agree with this. I dont think Jags or Howard thought Ba was going to shoot and it took them by surprise. Howard should have done better but it didnt help that Ba scuffed it a little, which can easily wrong foot a keeper.

Ossie is to blame for losing the possession (had a terrible second half) but Jags shouldve been much tighter which I think wouldve made a difference. Howard was off balance too.

To be fair to Jags we were in possesion going forward one second and then suddenly Osman miss controls it and and the Cabaye slides it through first time and suddenly the lad is through on goal

Why should Jags have been tight to him when we were attacking?

Just seen the " goals " on SSN and Im even more pissed off now, dont know why because I think everyone in the ground apart from the Ref and his assistant clown knew they should have been given anyway

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

To be fair to Jags we were in possesion going forward one second and then suddenly Osman miss controls it and and the Cabaye slides it through first time and suddenly the lad is through on goal

Why should Jags have been tight to him when we were attacking?

Just seen the " goals " on SSN and Im even more pissed off now, dont know why because I think everyone in the ground apart from the Ref and his assistant clown knew they should have been given anyway

Because his job is to react to the situation as it adapts, like he usually does. There were a good few seconds which should be enough time for a player of his standard to see his marker and make things awkward for him. Like most of the rest of the team, the minds were still in the dressing room

Was going to answer but Dunc said most of it. His touch was poor at times, he didnt really compete aerially, his movement was in straight lines and he doesnt have much vision.

That said he scored a brilliant goal and should have had another. He did work hard even if it looked laboured. Like Dunc, he is a decent option off the bench but we cant build attacks off him like we can with Jelavic and he cant really lead the line. Although if he keeps contributing with goals then who cares!

I'm not saying he should start or anything, but he deserves more credit than he gets. He did well when he played last season, so he was rightly disappointed in the game time he got. Especially as a striker who was only here on loan and who scored less than him consistently got more opportunities than he did. Also, I think he did his job very well today, even apart from the goals. I don't think he backed out of aerial duels or such, even if he didn't directly won the headers himself, he made it difficult enough for the opposition's players so they couldn't get it to their teammates. He stood his ground with his back to the goal. And while his touch from Mirallas' pass wasn't good, his touch for his goal was very good, with his back to the goal, he immediately turned Taylor (?) with his first touch. Also, Jelly's touch is far from perfect, but he gets a lot less stick for it.

I'm not saying he should start or anything, but he deserves more credit than he gets. He did well when he played last season, so he was rightly disappointed in the game time he got. Especially as a striker who was only here on loan and who scored less than him consistently got more opportunities than he did. Also, I think he did his job very well today, even apart from the goals. I don't think he backed out of aerial duels or such, even if he didn't directly won the headers himself, he made it difficult enough for the opposition's players so they couldn't get it to their teammates. He stood his ground with his back to the goal. And while his touch from Mirallas' pass wasn't good, his touch for his goal was very good, with his back to the goal, he immediately turned Taylor (?) with his first touch. Also, Jelly's touch is far from perfect, but he gets a lot less stick for it.

That's because Jelly is always looking to, and often does, strike clinically with his first touch. Vic always tries to control with his first touch (can't remember a first time attempt from him, ever) and often bobbles it away. This coming from a perennially misguided Vic supporter.

On the Jelly front, ESPN included this in their post match analysis:

EVERTON VERDICT: The win they deserved would have put them in the top four and, with this level of performance, they would not have looked out of place there. But they were uncharacteristically sloppy, with Phil Neville starting the game with a series of misjudgements. They also lost Jelavic, who banged his knee against the post; an injury Moyes does not believe will be too serious.

Not sure where they're getting that from, but good to hear.

I can't believe how out of place Neville is in the midfield. He looked uncomfortable when he had the ball, the rest of the team looked scared to pass it to him, and it seemed like all he did was point and shout where the ball should go. That's all well and good, but the position for that is on the other side of the white line, in a managers role. I couldn't help but feel if we had someone else in there or Gibson wasn't injured we wouldn't need to be complaining about the linesman's blunders. Honestly felt like we were playing with ten men, Moyes has got to give him the tap on the shoulder.

Thought Osman had a shocker, Felli was relatively quiet and Vic was impressive given the criticism he gets. If he puts in a stint like that every time Jelly has to come off then why not keep him. Should have had two goals today the poor bastard, and you could see his frustration let out in his celebration.

OH and last thing, what the hell went on with their last goal? I was watching the game with my mate who's a Geordie and didn't really see the lead up to Ba's second because I was still rubbing Vic's goal in his face and punching the air like an idiot. Surely a Moyes coached team of any in the Prem should be able to hold out after scoring a winner in the 88th minute?

I bet we miss out on Champs League/Europa by a point, and it comes down to that fat sloth with a flag's poor eyesight on the sideline.

Neville seriously only has a place in our team if the following applies:

• Hibbert is injured and Nev plays right back
  • We are in a backs to the wall game and need to see it out against quality opposition

I find it ironic that he points at the person who should next receive the ball (after he has made a non contributory 5 yard pass to a player in a less advantageous position than himself) - seriously Phil that isn't what a midfielder does. Pointing at another player isn't kidding anyone - Fellaini isn't a £30m touted footballer because give him a hot potatoe and then tell him who to pass to.

I hope he had a look around him last night and seen the likes of Cabaye, Fellaini, Baines, and Pienaar make "passes" - and not pass the buck.

He is a waste of a resourceful footballer in that midfield - the team is mature enough not to need a coach on the pitch. Scholes gets game time for united because of these things:-

• He controls the tempo of the game
  • He can make accurate passes over a wide range
  • He positions himself perfectly at all times
  • His team mates trust him to look after the ball and retain it

I can't honestly say Nev offers us those things. He shows leadership in terms of throwing himself into challenges when the chips are down and rallies the troops but isn't that the plucky Everton we seen with the likes of Tim Cahill leading the line? He's a great pro no doubt and sets a great example as to how the young lads should look after themselves and approach training and matches. However games such as last night show he is no first team midfielder for me.

something silly like 97% of Jellys last 50 goals have been 1st touch!

Vic played well yesterday for 30 mins or so, which is what he is best at. He cant cope with 90 mins, a/ because of his attitude, b/ because of his stamina and c/ hes too predictable in his play and the defence learns how to deal with him.

But for those 30 mins I was surprisingly impressed - he worked hard, hustled and bustled the defence, chased things down and did very well for the goal. He didnt sulk much and just got on with things even when they were going against him. IF he can keep this up for several games of 90mins then he could realize his potential. I just got a feeling (Im sure most of you already know where I stand) that hes not going to live up to the best he can be.

Steven Taylor....

"We've had a look at it and for me it does look like it was past the line so we got lucky.

"But sometimes you need that. For Newcastle United, a few years ago we wouldn't have got that."

What?! You mean a few years ago the officials would have been mean enough to make the right decision? Bastardsshaking fist.png.

Really pissed off everyone is making excuses for the poor linesman (Gary Neville was doing it last night also) because the decisions were so hard....ffs, it's his job! That's all he has to do....if he can't make hard decisions then he should get seek alternative employment!

The problem is he never seems to be able to contribute like that for a whole game and certainly not two in a row. To me he sticks out like a sore thumb... When Pienaar, Fellaini, Osman, Baines, Mirallas were all interlinking and playing flowing football, he was the one standing there, offering little movement and not really contributing. He didnt drag defenders anywhere and for the most part they had his card marked. However, it does go to show that when he does make a half decent run he can make a difference. The run, the turn and the shot of his goal yesterday were top drawer, unfortunately we simply dont see it enough.

To sum it up and I dont mean to sound harsh on the lad, but he just isnt a clever footballer. He closes down, but he doesnt close down angles. He makes runs, but he doesnt find space. He doesnt use his size and strength as he should do and that in a nutshell is why he is only good enough for a bench role. Jelavic does also mess up his first touch under pressure (not when shooting! lol), but despite not being physically gifted, he uses what he has to much greater effect than Vic. He make clever runs, he finds good angles, he reads the game. Generally speaking Vic doesnt. I do admit that he seems to be getting better and if he was 18-19 bursting onto the scene then I would be excited by him, but unfortunately he isnt.

I feel harsh writing that as I used to think the world of Vic (& JV) but he does get some unfair criticism. However he has had his chances and he isnt young anymore. He makes the same mistakes he did 5 years ago when he was starting out as a raw talent.

Vic is very similar in style and ability to Marcus Bent - but you are waiting for more progress from Vic. With Bent though you knew you were going to get a shift - with Vic you just hope he is up for it.

We have moved on from Marcus Bent but we still have Vic? - squad player at the very very most.

Pleased he got his goal last night, he seemed to have a bit of fire in his belly and was appreciated accordingly.

Let's get the issue of the officials done straight off. Yes they made two very poor decisions that you can say cost us, but really they shouldn't have even mattered because after Anichebe scored we should have been able to close the game out but our two centre backs let us down badly. We were clearly still celebrating and thought the game was won. It was very unprofessional.

For the majority of the first half we were brilliant, particularly for the first 15 minutes of the game. In that inital period of total dominance we deservedly took the lead. Our football was quick, crisp and incisive. I loved every moment of it. Newcastle couldn't get near the ball. Our goal was well worked over on the left between Pienaar and Baines. I don't think there's a better wing partnership in the league. However, I think we took our foot off the pedal after taking the lead tbh. We still dominated the possession but I just didn't feel we had the same quickness to our play that was causing Newcastle so many problems. Due to this our defence started launching the ball a hell of a lot more and this led to Newcastle coming back into the game. We could have been more than one up at half-time but they had two clear chances themselves - one was when Baines cleared off the line and the other came when Neville decided to help the opposition by heading back into our penalty area instead of out for Cisse (?) to get a shot in.

The second half was absolutely diabolical. Pardew should be applauded for the positive change he made because he could see it wasn't working. But we should have been able to respond to the change and subsequent change in their play, but there absolutely no response. We went to pieces. There was no control in midfield, and I feel that to combat that Moyes should have taken the completely ineffectual Neville off, brought Naismith on and dropped Fellaini back into his natural position. The defence was being bullied and looked shaky as anything and when they did get the ball they just launched it. You'd think that wouldn't be such a bad thing to do with Fellaini up there but the idiots rarely looked to who they were kicking it to due to blind fucking panic. The majority of the time they were hitting Anichebe. He may be a big lad but he's not an aerial threat whatsoever. Also, Moyes thought it'd be wise to swap Anichebe and Mirallas and have Anichebe on the right for a period of time doh.gif . It's got to be upfront or nowhere for Vic I'm afraid, he just doesn't have the ability for such a position. When moved back upfront he looked like he'd managed to salvage the three points out of a terrible 45 minute performance for the team. But alas, no, we managed to fuck that up instantly pretty much.

Much work needs to be done between now and Saturday. We need a win. Not because we're in a poor position like we usually are at this stage of the season, but to restore confidence which surely will be dented after the last two games.

Howard - A mixed back for Tim last night. He made some good saves but I do feel he should have done better for both goals. Also, one incident left me with my heart in my mouth in the second half. Newcastle launched the ball forward and it hung in the air and I felt Howard should have come and dealt with it, but instead he hung back in his goal and it went right over of Jags' head and landed right at the feet of one their strikers.

Hibbert - I thought it was one of his poorer games for a while tbh. He was more of a hindrence in attack for the most part. He'd get the ball and our attacks down the right would come to a standstill more often than not. And in defence he got took apart on far too many occasions for my liking.

Jagielka and Distin - Please, please, please split this fucking partnership up! They do not work. They're great individual defenders, no doubt about it, but for some reason they just don't click. A good centre-back pairing know what the other is doing or will do instinctually and have a feeling for what's going to happen before it happens and they cover for each other so that mistakes don't cost the team. These two don't have those things. Never has that been more clear than for Newcastle's second equaliser. Jags lost the aerial battle so they got the flick on, and instead of Distin being ready to deal with this eventuality he was caught flat-footed and wasn't available to mop up the danger.

Baines - Superb in the first half. He was like a roadrunner up and down his wing. Linking up excellently with Pienaar, and at times with Jelavic and Osman too. He took his goal brilliantly too. He was nullified a bit in the second half but never stopped trying. My MOTM.

Mirallas - His first half showing really got me excited about him. He was the star for me and if he'd been able to keep that up for the whole game then he'd have comfortably got my MOTM vote. Sadly he faded a lot in the second half. That being said, he showed that £6million may be a bargain in the long run. He's got as quick feet as Osman, but he's got a bit more in the pace department meaning to can get away from players after beating them. I loved that his first thought was always to go forward, he barely took a backward step. I also liked that he was willing to shoot from distance, but maybe he should cut that down a little bit and pass to a team mate sometimes too!

Neville - Other than being a a help to the opposition what was the point in him being out there? He was absolutely terrible in every way you can think of. While his passes mostly found a team mate they were more often than not hospital balls that put us under pressure. Sometimes he'd actually have an easy pass on that would set an attack in motion but instead he'd make a pass that took us backwards. His tackling was woeful. He provided absolutely zero protection to the defence. He didn't lead. He didn't cajole the players in the second half when we were poor. He was a shit player and a shit captain.

Osman - Superb in the first half. It was a typical Ossie good performance. He was pulling the strings in the middle of the park, then spreading the ball out to where it needed to be. The second half was the complete opposite and I have no idea how he managed to stay on the field. He was one of the worst performers, and this was typified by him being to blame for their first equaliser. Sloppy sums him up that half.

Pienaar - Another one who had a brilliant first half. Him and Baines were dynamite and caused Newcastle no end of problems. Highlighted perfectly by our opening goal. While he didn't play quite as badly as some others in the second half he more annoyed me than anything. For me he kept hold of the ball for a few seconds too long when he should have just passed it on, and that made us labour in attack at times.

Fellaini - He was nowhere near as brilliant as he was in the opening two games of the season but he was infinitely better than what he showed against WBA. He seemed to realise he actually had to work to be involved in the game. And he did work, he put a good shift in. Won as many headers as he could, he had to with the amount we were hoofing during this game. He found it difficult to do anything with the ball though once he'd won it because instantly he'd be surrounded by Newcastle players. So it was a bit scrappy.

Jelavic - I felt things started to really go downhill once he went off. Before then we still had good control of the game but, for whatever reason, once he went off we lost it big time. While he was on he chased the Newcastle defenders and dragged them out of their comfort zone by drifting out wide to link up with Baines and Pienaar. I hope he's not out for too long as, even though Vic did a decent job once he came on, we're fucked if we're relying on him to play up top for an extended period of time.

Anichebe - Like I said above, he gave a decent account of himself one he came on. It was certainly one of his better showings for us. He chased and worked hard. I didn't think it was fair to him to shove him out wide again, that needs to stop happening if he's ever to build up confidence. The reason Anichebe will never be more than a bit part player for us was summed up in two simultaneous events. He was put clean through and he completely messed up the opportunity by having the poorest few touches you're ever likely to see. I wanted to punch him. Then the very next time he received the ball he scored a fucking brilliantly taken goal! These ups and downs are what you expect from a kid just starting out but he's not a kid, he's well into his 20's now and shouldn't be that inconsistent and frustrating.

Let's get the issue of the officials done straight off. Yes they made two very poor decisions that you can say cost us, but really they shouldn't have even mattered because after Anichebe scored we should have been able to close the game out but our two centre backs let us down badly. We were clearly still celebrating and thought the game was won. It was very unprofessional.

For the majority of the first half we were brilliant, particularly for the first 15 minutes of the game. In that inital period of total dominance we deservedly took the lead. Our football was quick, crisp and incisive. I loved every moment of it. Newcastle couldn't get near the ball. Our goal was well worked over on the left between Pienaar and Baines. I don't think there's a better wing partnership in the league. However, I think we took our foot off the pedal after taking the lead tbh. We still dominated the possession but I just didn't feel we had the same quickness to our play that was causing Newcastle so many problems. Due to this our defence started launching the ball a hell of a lot more and this led to Newcastle coming back into the game. We could have been more than one up at half-time but they had two clear chances themselves - one was when Baines cleared off the line and the other came when Neville decided to help the opposition by heading back into our penalty area instead of out for Cisse (?) to get a shot in.

The second half was absolutely diabolical. Pardew should be applauded for the positive change he made because he could see it wasn't working. But we should have been able to respond to the change and subsequent change in their play, but there absolutely no response. We went to pieces. There was no control in midfield, and I feel that to combat that Moyes should have taken the completely ineffectual Neville off, brought Naismith on and dropped Fellaini back into his natural position. The defence was being bullied and looked shaky as anything and when they did get the ball they just launched it. You'd think that wouldn't be such a bad thing to do with Fellaini up there but the idiots rarely looked to who they were kicking it to due to blind fucking panic. The majority of the time they were hitting Anichebe. He may be a big lad but he's not an aerial threat whatsoever. Also, Moyes thought it'd be wise to swap Anichebe and Mirallas and have Anichebe on the right for a period of time doh.gif . It's got to be upfront or nowhere for Vic I'm afraid, he just doesn't have the ability for such a position. When moved back upfront he looked like he'd managed to salvage the three points out of a terrible 45 minute performance for the team. But alas, no, we managed to fuck that up instantly pretty much.

Much work needs to be done between now and Saturday. We need a win. Not because we're in a poor position like we usually are at this stage of the season, but to restore confidence which surely will be dented after the last two games.

Howard - A mixed back for Tim last night. He made some good saves but I do feel he should have done better for both goals. Also, one incident left me with my heart in my mouth in the second half. Newcastle launched the ball forward and it hung in the air and I felt Howard should have come and dealt with it, but instead he hung back in his goal and it went right over of Jags' head and landed right at the feet of one their strikers.

Hibbert - I thought it was one of his poorer games for a while tbh. He was more of a hindrence in attack for the most part. He'd get the ball and our attacks down the right would come to a standstill more often than not. And in defence he got took apart on far too many occasions for my liking.

Jagielka and Distin - Please, please, please split this fucking partnership up! They do not work. They're great individual defenders, no doubt about it, but for some reason they just don't click. A good centre-back pairing know what the other is doing or will do instinctually and have a feeling for what's going to happen before it happens and they cover for each other so that mistakes don't cost the team. These two don't have those things. Never has that been more clear than for Newcastle's second equaliser. Jags lost the aerial battle so they got the flick on, and instead of Distin being ready to deal with this eventuality he was caught flat-footed and wasn't available to mop up the danger.

Baines - Superb in the first half. He was like a roadrunner up and down his wing. Linking up excellently with Pienaar, and at times with Jelavic and Osman too. He took his goal brilliantly too. He was nullified a bit in the second half but never stopped trying. My MOTM.

Mirallas - His first half showing really got me excited about him. He was the star for me and if he'd been able to keep that up for the whole game then he'd have comfortably got my MOTM vote. Sadly he faded a lot in the second half. That being said, he showed that £6million may be a bargain in the long run. He's got as quick feet as Osman, but he's got a bit more in the pace department meaning to can get away from players after beating them. I loved that his first thought was always to go forward, he barely took a backward step. I also liked that he was willing to shoot from distance, but maybe he should cut that down a little bit and pass to a team mate sometimes too!

Neville - Other than being a a help to the opposition what was the point in him being out there? He was absolutely terrible in every way you can think of. While his passes mostly found a team mate they were more often than not hospital balls that put us under pressure. Sometimes he'd actually have an easy pass on that would set an attack in motion but instead he'd make a pass that took us backwards. His tackling was woeful. He provided absolutely zero protection to the defence. He didn't lead. He didn't cajole the players in the second half when we were poor. He was a shit player and a shit captain.

Osman - Superb in the first half. It was a typical Ossie good performance. He was pulling the strings in the middle of the park, then spreading the ball out to where it needed to be. The second half was the complete opposite and I have no idea how he managed to stay on the field. He was one of the worst performers, and this was typified by him being to blame for their first equaliser. Sloppy sums him up that half.

Pienaar - Another one who had a brilliant first half. Him and Baines were dynamite and caused Newcastle no end of problems. Highlighted perfectly by our opening goal. While he didn't play quite as badly as some others in the second half he more annoyed me than anything. For me he kept hold of the ball for a few seconds too long when he should have just passed it on, and that made us labour in attack at times.

Fellaini - He was nowhere near as brilliant as he was in the opening two games of the season but he was infinitely better than what he showed against WBA. He seemed to realise he actually had to work to be involved in the game. And he did work, he put a good shift in. Won as many headers as he could, he had to with the amount we were hoofing during this game. He found it difficult to do anything with the ball though once he'd won it because instantly he'd be surrounded by Newcastle players. So it was a bit scrappy.

Jelavic - I felt things started to really go downhill once he went off. Before then we still had good control of the game but, for whatever reason, once he went off we lost it big time. While he was on he chased the Newcastle defenders and dragged them out of their comfort zone by drifting out wide to link up with Baines and Pienaar. I hope he's not out for too long as, even though Vic did a decent job once he came on, we're fucked if we're relying on him to play up top for an extended period of time.

Anichebe - Like I said above, he gave a decent account of himself one he came on. It was certainly one of his better showings for us. He chased and worked hard. I didn't think it was fair to him to shove him out wide again, that needs to stop happening if he's ever to build up confidence. The reason Anichebe will never be more than a bit part player for us was summed up in two simultaneous events. He was put clean through and he completely messed up the opportunity by having the poorest few touches you're ever likely to see. I wanted to punch him. Then the very next time he received the ball he scored a fucking brilliantly taken goal! These ups and downs are what you expect from a kid just starting out but he's not a kid, he's well into his 20's now and shouldn't be that inconsistent and frustrating.

Have I found another one who thinks our over reliance on our left hand side combo work can lead to us running out of ideas when the other team plugs the threat?

Personally I would have allowed Newcastle to keep Jonas on the right hand side keeping tabs on Baines and Pienaar and instruct the team to switch the play and expose the new gaps using Mirallas and Nevilles replacement Naismith...

Have I found another one who thinks our over reliance on our left hand side combo work can lead to us running out of ideas when the other team plugs the threat?

I think everyone realises we're over reliant on our left side and that it causes us problems when the other team nullify it. Even though Hibbert is a much improved player the past few seasons he is a big problem for us being able to attack down both sides and give the opposition an extra problem to think about. This is why Coleman should be given a run at RB, or if Moyes has decided he'll never be able to play there then we've got to go out and sign someone for the role by at most the summer.

Am I the only one who thinks Hibbert has been much better going forward in recent seasons, and has been in great form ?

I also thought some of his tackling last night was outstanding.

We have to find a long term solution to our midfield though in my opinion. Neville plays ok, but we need a solid player in there who can bring something to the play rather than simply cover. I thought Coleman might have replaced him once he was in risk of a second yellow.

Howard for me is in need of stronger competition. He makes great saves, yet is very prone to letting in some very saveable goals.

Jags switched off for me last night, and was a liability with his indecision. When he is good, he's good, but last night I wasn't impressed.

Mirallas needs to pass a little more, but it's good to see him with his confidence high. I was surprised to see him go off last night instead of Osman, as I thought Osman was out of sorts.

We're playing ok though, so as much as I was disappointed with our last 2 results, there is much to be positive about. I can't wait for Gibson to return though.

Am I the only one who thinks Hibbert has been much better going forward in recent seasons, and has been in great form ?

I also thought some of his tackling last night was outstanding.

We have to find a long term solution to our midfield though in my opinion. Neville plays ok, but we need a solid player in there who can bring something to the play rather than simply cover. I thought Coleman might have replaced him once he was in risk of a second yellow.

Howard for me is in need of stronger competition. He makes great saves, yet is very prone to letting in some very saveable goals.

Jags switched off for me last night, and was a liability with his indecision. When he is good, he's good, but last night I wasn't impressed.

Mirallas needs to pass a little more, but it's good to see him with his confidence high. I was surprised to see him go off last night instead of Osman, as I thought Osman was out of sorts.

We're playing ok though, so as much as I was disappointed with our last 2 results, there is much to be positive about. I can't wait for Gibson to return though.

I agree with all your points...except maybe Neville being even 'ok' in midfield. I couldn't even bring myself to say that. But, I've also noticed Hibbert playing pretty well recently. He had some great moments last night, and I think when Mirallas gets fit and they understand each other a bit more, we'll find more balance on the right .

howard..first goal..what..the...fuck..just seen a replay of the game..to allow that ball to go in is unforgiveable

I said the same. Ba mis-hit it for a start. SHouldn't have allowed it to go under him, going away from goal either. I understand if it was a rocket, straight at him but it wasn't. Howard to blame on both (imo).

Im still trying to get my head around that match on Monday, we were brilliant at times in that first half, the movement and passing down that left hand side was a top class display and finished with a top class goal. Sadly we are just not able to carry things on, we always just fall into this mode after we get goals, it's so frustrating at times. Im not sure how much more evidence Moyes needs on the Jags and Distin thing, it just does not work simple as!!

Said plenty about P Neville in the past, so i won't bother with that, another hugely frustrating night from Victor, we saw what he CAN do, and also what he DOES do most of the time, im really not sure how he still holds a place ahead of some of our youngsters, i feel sorry for them. Mirallas looked good in the first half, he looks like he has got some real skills, needs to pass a bit more though, but looks like a player who could create something out of nothing. Fellaini looks like he is being sussed out by teams, so time to move back in the middle with Osman, Swansea have good midfielders and it will be tough on Saturday.

Im still trying to get my head around that match on Monday, we were brilliant at times in that first half, the movement and passing down that left hand side was a top class display and finished with a top class goal. Sadly we are just not able to carry things on, we always just fall into this mode after we get goals, it's so frustrating at times. Im not sure how much more evidence Moyes needs on the Jags and Distin thing, it just does not work simple as!!

Said plenty about P Neville in the past, so i won't bother with that, another hugely frustrating night from Victor, we saw what he CAN do, and also what he DOES do most of the time, im really not sure how he still holds a place ahead of some of our youngsters, i feel sorry for them. Mirallas looked good in the first half, he looks like he has got some real skills, needs to pass a bit more though, but looks like a player who could create something out of nothing. Fellaini looks like he is being sussed out by teams, so time to move back in the middle with Osman, Swansea have good midfielders and it will be tough on Saturday.

I thought he ran his ass off as well as score. dont know.gif

I thought Vic was very positive, late in the game. For about 20 minutes of the second half, he didn't do much (Newcastle's doing) but after that I thought he did well. Won a few ariel challenges and made some good runs. As Marco says, its not his fault a goal was disallowed, he scored twice, whichever way you look at it.

I didnt this time! biggrin.png

Ahem ..... shaking%20fist.png

Posted 17 Sep 2012 - 20:36

snapback.pngmogsy, on 04 Sep 2012 - 21:21, said:

Wish we'd kept him and got rid of big Vic!

Amen to that. He's a big sexy lad that I'd like to have bum bum sex with but he has no place in a blue kit. In fact he has no place in any kit, as I prefer him naked and covered in honey and cocoa pops.

leggit.gif