IGNORED

Newcastle

pete0

Absolutely unbelievable... Some brilliant performances and also some shite ones, and there aren't any words vile enough to describe the officiating in that game.

The most worrying thing from my point of view, is not how incompotent Neville was throughout the whole game, but how awful Jagielka & Distin worked as a pair in that second half. Some of the defending was comical and if I had my way it would be Duffy & Heitinga in next game to show them what to do. The communication was awful, they were panicking, Distin was in cloud cookoo land whenever someone made a run off him. Neville did fuck all to help them out as the 'defensive' midfielder and Moyes simply didnt react to Pardew changing it around.

Offensively though we were class. Vic was pretty useless, but he took his goal brilliantly and I suppose should have had two. I dont mind it so much if he is useless like that all the time!

Shite second half, Osman was terrible.

Cant believe we let them back into that. And how is that fat fuck a linesman!?!?!

Yeh thats true... He was dictating it for us first half but they jumped on him in the second. With no-one else to control the ball through the middle it went long or wide.

Guest rusty747

Unlucky? Yes, Newcastle played well 2nd half? Yes. Glaring errors from the officials? Yes. But those are excuses which hide the real problem. We look like a team that can only play well when we have the rub of the green. When top teams get a bad decision or three against them, they crank up the intensity, the desire and the skill level. We shrank into our shells and got what we deserved - robbed!

We can bitch and moan abour bad decisions from the officials, the injury to Jelly but the bottom line is - if we had been good enough and mentally strong enough we would have won the game.

We aren't and we didn't and I am bloody angry about it.

Unlucky? Yes, Newcastle played well 2nd half? Yes. Glaring errors from the officials? Yes. But those are excuses which hide the real problem. We look like a team that can only play well when we have the rub of the green. When top teams get a bad decision or three against them, they crank up the intensity, the desire and the skill level. We shrank into our shells and got what we deserved - robbed!

We can bitch and moan abour bad decisions from the officials, the injury to Jelly but the bottom line is - if we had been good enough and mentally strong enough we would have won the game.

We aren't and we didn't and I am bloody angry about it.

I can see where you're coming from, but after things went against us (Newcastle's equaliser, first disallowed goal), we still managed to score another perfectly good goal that was wrongly disallowed and another goal that should have been the winner. So I can't really agree that they didn't crank up the intensity or lacked the desire. Sure, they weren't as dominant as in the first half, sure defensively everyone was shaking like a leaf. We didn't sink back into our shells though, we were good enough to win that match 9 times out of 10.

Why is Vic still getting flack? What did he not do that Jelavic did do? He chased down at every opportunity, put himself about, didn't lose the ball in sloppy ways or anything like that and scored.

and didnt flap about like a little girl either. That performance is a good indicator of what he can do, heres hoping he reproduces more consistently.

Why is Vic still getting flack? What did he not do that Jelavic did do? He chased down at every opportunity, put himself about, didn't lose the ball in sloppy ways or anything like that and scored.

I wasn't giving Vic flack!.....I mentioned him on the bench (A) because he's not as good as Jelavic and (B) he's scored loads of goals from the bench.

We all know what he's capable of.

Edited by Blue 250

You cant compare Vic on Jelly at same day. Vic is a work horse, no doubt. But hes not even near as intelligent player as Jelly is. Jellys movement without a ball is making us a lot of space all over field at attacking zone. Vic did put ball to the goal today twice and that was great. But hopefully we dont lose Jelly for long time. We need him seriously. Hes the best loneman weve had at ages.

One of his better performances and he did take his goal well, but on the flip side he was also put clean through and took three touches to get hold of the ball then nearly fell over it

i think he is a decent option off the bench but I seriously hope we dont have to rely on him to lead the line for any length of time

Without a doubt....had to expect the ball to go back across him but was off balance....committed to go to his right.

You can see that he knows that too. Completely misread the shot, which was poor, and let it dribble past him. Think he'd tell you that one was on him. Second one, not much he could have done, it was a brilliant chest on and very deft little flick from Ba.

Oh behave, we always get this when he actually does something. He has the worst touch of possibly any footballer i've seen, and that includes Emile Heskey. I'll give credit where credit's due, he took his goal really well, but a few minutes before that mirallas put him through one on one and with his first touch of the ball he pretty much killed the opportunity, the ball just bounces off him 90% of the time. If you want someone who will "chase down, put himself about and not lose the ball" get me in! i'll do that for £20K a week!

One of his better performances and he did take his goal well, but on the flip side he was also put clean through and took three touches to get hold of the ball then nearly fell over it

i think he is a decent option off the bench but I seriously hope we dont have to rely on him to lead the line for any length of time

Even if Jelly is out for a while, I don't think we'd rely on Vic up front. Even today we swapped him and Kev around, and I bet we would move to a very fluid front three with Vic, Kev and Nais all interchanging. That said, we obviously need Jelavic back as soon as possible. From what I saw of the collision and injury it didn't appear to be a twist or tear, but I wager he has a mean bruise and probably serious swelling. I'll be surprised if he plays this weekend, but I think he'll be back by the end of the month.

Havent seen the game on the telly yet but if that Ref ever gets another Premiership game its an absolute disgrace.

He was perfectly positioned for Fellainis goal and you dont need goal line technology to see that Anichebes header was over the line. Absolutely gutted, felt like a defeat coming away from the ground.

We should have been strong enough to see the game out and it was really dissapointing to conceded two sloppy goals , especially the first one when Ossie gave it away so cheaply. But I dont think it is unreasonable to say that the Referee is the only reason why we havent taken all three points tonight

Still I suppose its better than our traditional start to the season

I thought Jags had a good game to be honest, also think he is our best CB

Poor on both goals in my opinion but he did do well when Ben Arfa looked liked scoring.

1st goal - yes Howard could have done better but Jags could have been more committed to block. 2nd goal he didn't get a good enough starting position vs Ameobi but what Ameobi did was very good to be fair.

Poor on both goals in my opinion but he did do well when Ben Arfa looked liked scoring.

1st goal - yes Howard could have done better but Jags could have been more committed to block. 2nd goal he didn't get a good enough starting position vs Ameobi but what Ameobi did was very good to be fair.

Havent read all of the thread I must admit , but from what little I have read I have seen Howard and now Jags blamed for the first goal, IMO there is only one man to blame and that is Osman

Havent read all of the thread I must admit , but from what little I have read I have seen Howard and now Jags blamed for the first goal, IMO there is only one man to blame and that is Osman

This.

Said to my old man when it happened it was Osmans fault, if you loose the ball that easily in the middle of the park, 9/10 the opposition will score. I think Howard should have done better, but it wouldnt have even come to that if Ossie didnt fuck up.

Ossie is to blame for losing the possession (had a terrible second half) but Jags shouldve been much tighter which I think wouldve made a difference. Howard was off balance too.

Personally would like to see Hallam Hope given a chance IF jelly's out (which I desperately hope he's not!)

Seeing as everyone gave up on Vic long ago maybe we should look again at the conveyor-belt.

Nowhere near ready, has had more than 1 sub appearance? Wont see him near the 1st team for some time I feel.

Was going to answer but Dunc said most of it. His touch was poor at times, he didnt really compete aerially, his movement was in straight lines and he doesnt have much vision.

That said he scored a brilliant goal and should have had another. He did work hard even if it looked laboured. Like Dunc, he is a decent option off the bench but we cant build attacks off him like we can with Jelavic and he cant really lead the line. Although if he keeps contributing with goals then who cares!