IGNORED

Liverpool

Romey 1878

It took a few months for us to clear our heads and get going again but once we did we were brilliant and it was all us.

tongue.png

That annoyed me too. He obviously defines decent crosses as 'long balls'

He actually got the "long balls into the area" comment in five times in his three minute beeb interviewrolleyes.gif .

We really need to bolster our midfield in January.

We can't keep having set backs in consistency because of injuries or suspensions if we want European football.

Another holding midfielder and wingman would be nice imo.The holding midfielder would have to be someone to make an instant impact, for the wingman I'd be happy with a young talent (either of those Blackpool boys for example).

Agree with most of what's said on here, and just want to emphasize that Gueye needs selling. He's just not got it. Sure he can crack a volley once every 15 matches, but I don't think he offers anything else whatsoever. Doesn't pass well, can't defend or tackle, never seems aware when he's about to be challenged and his touch always seems to bobble and make him vulnerable to a challenge. Oviedo looked so much better on the left when he came on, and the right completely died when Gueye switched over.

If you look at the goal disallowed at the end, the bloke who headed down to Suarez had his hands all over jags shoulders. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's a foul isn't it? I was under the impression you can't use hands on an opponent to get up above them.

But then the sideline referee didn't wave his flag, he only raised it? So I think it was a stuff up to disallow it, but it shouldn't have been a goal die to the foul on jags.. Let alone the fact that the rat faced racist shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway.

Came on to rant but you boys have pretty much covered it. My main points are:

1. Suarez dirty player should have been booked for both challenges. Should have been off.

2. Neville went down easily with contact if that's suarez does he get booked. No would be my guess.

3. Shite 3rd goal foul on jags and not a free kick.

4. Tackle on baines is a pen he knocks the ball past and then gets fouled in the box.

5. Oviedo should be played as cover for piernar.

6. We need centre mids but I think Neville is playing well and doesn't lose the ball as much

Came on to rant but you boys have pretty much covered it. My main points are:

1. Suarez dirty player should have been booked for both challenges. Should have been off.

2. Neville went down easily with contact if that's suarez does he get booked. No would be my guess.

3. Shite 3rd goal foul on jags and not a free kick.

4. Tackle on baines is a pen he knocks the ball past and then gets fouled in the box.

5. Oviedo should be played as cover for piernar.

6. We need centre mids but I think Neville is playing well and doesn't lose the ball as much

but he doesnt offer anything near whats needed to be a holding midfielder these 10 yard sideward passes are slow and always gives the team a chance to counter barkley could have done exactly what phil done in that game yet people still seem to be happy enough to play a passenger, rightback i can deal with but we will never beat the top teams playing experienced players all the time just because they have been there and done it, gerrard other than the assist was a ghost in that game they sat off us for most of the second half yet we didnt attack enough to win the game. agree with everything else.

If you look at the goal disallowed at the end, the bloke who headed down to Suarez had his hands all over jags shoulders. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's a foul isn't it? I was under the impression you can't use hands on an opponent to get up above them.

I think he disallowed the goal because he thought it was offside but like you said there was a blatent foul on Jagielka leading up to it so it shoulden't have stood anyway.

Edit: I loved the flag in the Gwladys Street however - 'Jimmy Saville was a red' rofl.gif

Edited by Zoo

fuck them...if they wanna argue the toss over shitty decisions then bring it on..i've got a fuckin bucket load for the red arse cunts..suarez is a fuckin disgrace..the tackle on mirallas and then on distin..and he whinges when someone tickles him? fuck off...and sterling? what a dirty little fuck...about 59 fouls and only 1 yellow..yet our boys do one foul and that's that..you're booked my son

Thats what really pissed me off most about Marina yesterday. How on Gods green earth did Sterling make it past the half hour mark let alone the full 90 minutes. He was guilty of 5 bookable offences and somehow managed to stay on the pitch.

It was as though the Ref was looking for the slightest excuse to get his card out everytime an Everton player commited a foul yet he seemed to have completely forgotten what he had in his pocket when a Liverpoo player comitted a foul

If Marouane Fellaini had commited any of the fouls that Sterling or Suarez did there is no way he would have stayed on the pitch

It was an absolute disgrace how they were allowed to effectively kick Mirallas out of the game and yet we ended up with more bookings

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

But then the sideline referee didn't wave his flag, he only raised it? So I think it was a stuff up to disallow it, but it shouldn't have been a goal die to the foul on jags.. Let alone the fact that the rat faced racist shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway.

You can also add to that the fact that it was never a free kick in the first place

The ref was shite we can all agree, but he was equally shite for both sides in my view.

If it weren't for the linesmen getting the offside call wrong, the ref would have allowed a goal even though there was a foul, even worst by a player who he should have sent off. Look at the discrepancy of what he deemed yellow cards and freekicks for each team.

The ref was one eyed and totally unobjective and biased - a disgrace for the league which likes to call itself the best in the world - but why must Everton get 3 bad refs in a row without a fair one in sight, nevermind one favouring us - the playing field is not level in this leaugue and this is driving me up the wall - i am considering going fishing rather - this is not good for my blood pressure.....

Right, could rant about ref problems and mistakes all evening so just going to focus on our positives.

Happy with the way we pulled ourselves back into things, was fearing the worst at 2 down.

Mirallas was fantastic, Coleman was very good again. Both getting much better with every game they play, have high hopes there.

Osman had a good, controlled game again, looking forward to himself and gibson playing together.

On the whole, delighted with our first eleven still, but am concerned by our lack of strength in depth which was shown up again yesterday

It was a bit of a strange match really. I thought we were comfortably the better team after the first 25 minutes and we really should have won the game. No player stood out as doing really well, although Mirallas was probably the best until he was kicked off the pitch. It stood out to me that we looked so much better after they scored their second when we started pressing another 15-20 yards further up the pitch. Instead of letting them come to us, we stopped them from playing and pressured them into going long which they couldnt deal with. I really wish we would play like that more often, because we are an absolute nightmare to deal with when we do.

Credit where credit is due, I actually thought Neville was very good yesterday. He took responsibility when he had the ball and he didnt really play people into trouble or any of them floaty balls. Defensively he tracked his runners a lot better and its one of the few times he has really led the team. Fair play skip!

Another couple of players I questioned last week also had good games. Coleman did really well at the back, and neither Suarez or Sterling got much joy out of him. He needs start taking players on down the outside instead of trying to cut inside, but if he can defend to that standard week in week out and improve his final third play then he will have a future at RB. The other player who I thought did quite well is Naismith. He was sloppy at times with a couple of passes but him and Jelavic definitely link up well and he is always looking for an attacking pass. He should be given a free role behind the Jelavic in my opinion so that we can let Fellaini start dominating the midfield again.

Other players of note where Mirallas, who was probably having his best game in a blue shirt before he went off, Osman who used the ball really well and Baines who put in a good shift.

The negatives were Jags & Distin again showing that they arent much of a partnership. Distin was really sloppy at times and Jags who was being given the runaround by both Suarez and Sterling. Normally they have the excuse of being overloaded but they werent yesterday, they just looked scared of the Liverpool forwards.

Lastly, the referee was pure garbage.

It sounds like the most fouls committed at a game at Goodison Park since Brazil and Portugal played each other in the '66 World Cup..

Yet another abject peformance by relevant match officials, and that Suarez kid really has no place in professional soccer. Once again, we did well to get back to level terms after the two goal reverse and had a major let off when some snide 'got a winner' in the closing moments. Not a derby game to remember, at least for the right reasons, but still in a healthy place to challenge for league placings.

http://www.metro.co....r-side-to-stoke

http://www.goal.com/.../10/29/3486160/-

Just in case there was anybody out there that didnt already think that Gerrard was a complete wanker

Gerrard complaining about us! apart from his free kick he was invisible yesterday, it was one of his quietest derby games. Edited by Simon

Match stats do not exactly support Steven Gerrard's claim as they show Everton enjoyed more possession than Liverpool... @philmcnulty

56.2%-43.8%), made more passes (400-314), had greater passing accuracy (78.5%-76.8%) played proportionally fewer long passes (13.8%-14.6%). @philmcnulty

The cunt's just trying to deflect attention away from the fact that the shite are a club on the wane and that Rodgers has made absolutely no difference to the way they play or their fortunes.