IGNORED

What's up with jelly?

Mogsy

Very mature response from Vic there. I think he believes he belongs now - I think he had the attitude that things weren't always going his way and had a chip on his shoulder.

Onto formations - did anyone watch Liverpool yesterday? Tremendous performance and credit to rodgers for going for it. We could do with giving Jelly a game with Vic up with him, let fellaini stay back in def mid. (I would go with Peter H's second formation)

Very mature response from Vic there. I think he believes he belongs now - I think he had the attitude that things weren't always going his way and had a chip on his shoulder.

Onto formations - did anyone watch Liverpool yesterday? Tremendous performance and credit to rodgers for going for it. We could do with giving Jelly a game with Vic up with him, let fellaini stay back in def mid. (I would go with Peter H's second formation)

We have to go at them. Cant sit back against these teams, they will murder us if we do. Only thing with second formation is that Gibson isn't in it. Would like to see him have a go against his former employer. But then again, can always switch to first formation at the 60 minute mark.

1) to tighten up and defend a lead

2) To allow Felli to go forward if we are behind.

Jelly is a class act all the way... He'll never have pace and he'll never have a unstoppable shot, but waht he misses in these attributes he more than makes up for in his attitude, willingness and his eye for goal... Form is temporary, class is perminant... He has always proven his worth at club and country level...

Give him some backing, get off his case and tell moyes to stop nullifying him with fellaini... He's never going to get the knock ons from Fellaini's head, hasnt got the pace.. Need to thread more balls centrally into him... Plays well off the last man and is our very own Ian Rush....

Goals will be back and all the red Sh&te can crawl back to their holes....yay.gif

How was that trying something new?

He was used more in the midfield last season as I recall it.

edit*

This was a comment in the Man U Match thread, not only me that was surprised by Felli playing behind Jelavic.

Strange formation. Felli behind Jelavic. Nev on midfield tongue.png

Edited by Peter H

Fellaini played there in the second part of the season for a lot of games. I remember the executioner's bong found we scored more when he played there as well, just found it:

• When Fellaini has started in the midfield – forward pivot role we have scored 2.3 goals per game with the Belgian scoring or assisting 5 goals in the process in these games alone.
  • The team’s goals per game ratio drops to just 1.1 goals when Fellaini hasn’t played there. Cahill has played this role with significantly less end product (Cahill has just 2 goals and 2 assists for the season in the league). The Aussie can still do a job for the team but he lacks the imposing physical stature, chest control and capacity to create mayhem that the Belgian has.

(source: http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/201112-statistical-tactical-deconstruction/)

"Jelavic had an inspired second half, first putting Croatia 3-0 up after 57 minutes following a defence-splitting pass into the box by midfielder Luka Modric, then providing the assist for Petric five minutes from time."

v South Korea today.

Hopefully it'll help with his confidence.

I wonder if Moyes will decide to take advantage of that and start him on Sunday.

It's a surprise Croatia haven't actually won a trophy yet with some of the good players they have had in recent years.

National soccer and domestics are two different things however, and I don't expect Moyes to start with the Croat at Old Trafford this weekend. Still needs to get back to his previous fine form, and I think a substitute appearance seems more likely.

It's a surprise Croatia haven't actually won a trophy yet with some of the good players they have had in recent years.

National soccer and domestics are two different things however, and I don't expect Moyes to start with the Croat at Old Trafford this weekend. Still needs to get back to his previous fine form, and I think a substitute appearance seems more likely.

whilst I think youre right that he'll only be a sub, I think that maybe benching him after he played well and scored for his country would do more damage. Got to be 442. Vic deserves his start, Felli is needed to control the CM and defend the defence.

whilst I think youre right that he'll only be a sub, I think that maybe benching him after he played well and scored for his country would do more damage. Got to be 442. Vic deserves his start, Felli is needed to control the CM and defend the defence.

I not sure about 442 at all. I understand you think he should start but I really think he will be more effective as a sub. Its good to see him finish like he did today though, reminds me of last season! I really really hope he gets his confidence back because every game he makes me a little bit more scared he isnt the player I thought he was.

"Jelavic had an inspired second half, first putting Croatia 3-0 up after 57 minutes following a defence-splitting pass into the box by midfielder Luka Modric, then providing the assist for Petric five minutes from time."

v South Korea today.

The difference being that Modric provided a perfect slide rule pass into the box for him to take two steps towards and turn to fire. He hasn't had a single ball like that, or so it feels, with us all season. Really think a big part of his struggles recently is the kind of service we're not giving him.

Confidence boost is great, proper service is more important. Hopefully Osman/Mirallas can start to provide it again.

Really think a big part of his struggles recently is the kind of service we're not giving him.

Confidence boost is great, proper service is more important. Hopefully Osman/Mirallas can start to provide it again.

Absolutely correct. What ball he does get is out on the wings where he's going to look for it himself, or scraps from goalmouth meles. Nothing constructive for him to get a hold of. Maybe Mirallas can do the job and feed him some good ball.

The difference being that Modric provided a perfect slide rule pass into the box for him to take two steps towards and turn to fire. He hasn't had a single ball like that, or so it feels, with us all season. Really think a big part of his struggles recently is the kind of service we're not giving him.

He has had numerous and missed them, I can think of 2 against Sothampton straight away one he did a fresh air shot from and the other hit him on the heel

I do agree though that we need to create more for him and I would like to see him in the penalty box more. As you say Mirallas being back should help create more chances for him and Gibsons return will also help