IGNORED

Bosman watch

It says Douglas the 25 year old cb is a free agent in transfermarkt not sure how reliable it's record is though as I'm sure if he was he would surely have been snapped up now. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_NL1_2013.html

I really don't think he's all that good. He's pretty fast, but that's it. Overly aggressive and a hothead too. I read somewhere he might be signing for some crappy Russian team though.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/everton/the-ten-bosman-transfers-everton-must-consider

Apart from Weiss (cracking possibility), I either know enough about the others to not want them or not know enough to want them

Weiss is the only one I would have of this list. None of the players mentioned are poor, but for us they would be 30-40k per week players who would have bit roles. Weiss could be tricky because there should be a fair bit of interest in him.

From Brazil there's Ronaldinho

From Italy there's Flamini and

From Portugal there's Aimar

And from Russia there's Honda

To be honest the first three are finished, but Honda could be quite a coupe for free! Not to mention the exposure in Japan.

I swear I have said the same thing about Honda on this board before. If he is a real possibility we should jump, but my gut tells me he is going to get 80k per week somewhere.

Watched Honda the other night against Australia and TBH it was him and Kagawa pretty much doing it all on their own. Quite honestly wouldn't mind him here as every time I've seen him he's been decent.

Would love to see if we could get someone like Kagawa on loan. Someone who is class but isnt getting game time for whatever reason similar to the De Bruyne situation. Could be the difference between top 6 and top 4 IMO. Never happen like...just a thought

I think Kagawa might be going to get a lot more game time next season if Rooney leaves.

Honda's contract doesn't end til the end of the year btw, 31.12.2013. Would we already be able to offer him a contract then?

Yeah i think he will get more game time regardless of whether Rooney leaves personally.

I think the ruling on contracts is that

You can agree a "pre contract" with another club 6 months before your contract ends.

Info courtesy of FM :P

Watched Honda the other night against Australia and TBH it was him and Kagawa pretty much doing it all on their own. Quite honestly wouldn't mind him here as every time I've seen him he's been decent.

yeah Honda was everywhere. Quite aggressive without being dangerous if you know what I mean and was involved in pretty well everything the Japs did. Not frightened to have a go either although a couple of snap shots were well wide or over. Played behind the striker and was great support, always on the move, looking to give the front men options (something we're sadly lacking in) looking dangerous. He scored the equaliser for Japan with a Bobby-Charlton-esque penalty that near tore the net off the frame.

He would be a great asset......if we could afford him.

Edited by Oztoffee

We won't get Honda. But he's exactly the type of player I think we need. 3 players of Honda ability, the other two being a winger and a striker, and I think we could win the league.....no I am being serious. Whoever said Jelavic is a squad striker as well, is frankly, nuts lol Jelavic scored 11 in 16 in his first half season, and he'd scored 36 in 55 before that, one reason martinez has got me excited is because I think Jelavic can get back to that form. If he does, he's well above being a squad striker. Granted he didn't have a good season last year, but he I remember hitting the post more than a few times, and havign opportunities that he would normally bury go wide. All those sorts of opportunites get put away when he's in form. I have faith in the guy.

Good to see you again Reg. LTNS.

I tend to agree on Jellyfish. I still rate hime highly. A bad season does not a bad striker make. And I don't think he played too badly either. On form he is unstoppable, out of form he is still a good team player.

Jelevic is not the first striker to lose a goal scoring touch under Moyes - Not sure why Moyes has such a hoodoo on prolific goal scorers, midfeilders do well in front of goal, but not one full season of a prolific striker in 11 years. Given Jelevic's recorded before last season, I wouldn't rule him out just yet, especially with a different manager and modified playing system - he could well fly again.

Safe rubes, I've had computer trouble for a while but I can pop on at lunch times in work and make a contribution, plus I always show up around transfer time ;) To be fair at one point there was nothing but bad blood on here so I just bounced, seems to have levelled out now, which is good, I always thought this was the best forum for Everton, everyone (normally) tried to quantify their points and at least try to debate properly, instead of some sites where it's just post after post of swearing and self righteousness.....or maybe there's no difference after all :P

Not sure what LTNS means tho?

Figueroa would give us a good option as well, didn't realise he was a free? If so, I think he'd be better back up as LB, and let Oveido have a crack at going forward.

We won't get Honda. But he's exactly the type of player I think we need. 3 players of Honda ability, the other two being a winger and a striker, and I think we could win the league.....no I am being serious. Whoever said Jelavic is a squad striker as well, is frankly, nuts lol Jelavic scored 11 in 16 in his first half season, and he'd scored 36 in 55 before that, one reason martinez has got me excited is because I think Jelavic can get back to that form. If he does, he's well above being a squad striker. Granted he didn't have a good season last year, but he I remember hitting the post more than a few times, and havign opportunities that he would normally bury go wide. All those sorts of opportunites get put away when he's in form. I have faith in the guy.

Win the league? Mate, I'd love to smoke some of whatever you're on.

Jelevic is not the first striker to lose a goal scoring touch under Moyes - Not sure why Moyes has such a hoodoo on prolific goal scorers, midfeilders do well in front of goal, but not one full season of a prolific striker in 11 years. Given Jelevic's recorded before last season, I wouldn't rule him out just yet, especially with a different manager and modified playing system - he could well fly again.

Didn't The Yak get 21 in his first full season? I agree with you though, Moyes had a habit ruining goalscorers. Also, The Yak seems to me the last player we had that scored a hat trick? Is that true? If so, could we please sign someone who could score one? I miss hat tricks :(

Win the league? Mate, I'd love to smoke some of whatever you're on.

I'll send you a link to the coffeeshop in the dam I'm posting from then :P

Nah but seriously you don't think? Jelavic maintaining his best form is 20 goals imo, defence does as well as it was doing towards the end of last season and we've got one fo the top three defenses in the league. Draw a few of the games we shouldn't lose (newly promoted sides) and win the ones we should have killed off that turned out to be draws....seriously, we were only about 8 points off 4th, and I don't see any team runnign away with it like Man U did last season, quite the opposite, I think it'll be the tightest and most involved title race next season that's it's ever been....

The penny drops, should have got that really, it is Friday though, I'm half thinking about about sitting in a beer garden right now ;)

Pissing with rain here :(.

You just need to look at the August/September review on the OS to see what Jelli is capable of....great goal v Villa and two against Southampton; I don't know why it went wrong but if he can get back to that level of form/confidence he's a 20+ man easily.