IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Sorry to be a killjoy but these false sky posts are boring as fuck. Back to kone, he is undoubtably piss poor. I had a glimmer of hope when we played Newcastle away and he looked a world beater. He scored, everything stuck to him. He looked like a player I wished rom could be. Then reality kicked in and we crumbled we lost and that kone never turned up again. I'd have the "count" back right now instead of kone. How bad is that ?

I agree Finn he's simply shite has very few good moments and I'm genuinely worried that if Lukaku takes a knock we have to rely on this donkey to pull us out of the shit

For me personally a forward should be very high on our list before the window closes but I think Martinez's stubbornness will prevail and it will come back and bite him in the arse

I disagree to an extent Steve I know confidence could play a small part in things with him but for me he simply doesn't have the ability anymore which could be a knock on effect of the injury who knows but I do know he's far from capable or good enough to lead our line if Lukaku misses games

I'd flog him at the first opportunity and a replacement or foil/cover for Lukaku should be a priority for me

• 2 weeks later...

Think Kone's goal and assist has put halt to any forward deals. I get the impression Martinez will use that as a reason to not look for anyone else.

One performance is all it takes? Jesus, how bad off financially are we that we're that desperate to find a way not to bring players in?

Edited by Romey 1878

"Kone's back and fit, scored on the first Saturday of the season and helped the team claim a phenomenal result. He's like a new signing"

Snippet from the echo, post window.

what the actual fuck?!

Fair play to Kone, he did well when he came on. I'm not getting carried away at the moment, a 20 min cameo (impressive as it was) is hardly reason to get excited.

what the actual fuck?!

Fair play to Kone, he did well when he came on. I'm not getting carried away at the moment, a 20 min cameo (impressive as it was) is hardly reason to get excited.

Matt, that's my interpretation of how Martinez will respond to not getting another forward in.

You do know Martinez didn't actually say that, right?

He got it :lol: