IGNORED

Arouna Kone

• 1 month later...

we need a £12m+ rated striker to put pressure on Rom. For £6m Kone wasn't a bad fit at the time, that hasn't worked out due to injury and possibly for having the same pre judgement that Cleverley is receiving right now.

He may come good, who knows

Who knows? Me! Obviously!

Kone will never make it here. He won't play 30 games to be able to show what he can do, if he can still do it. As second fiddle to Rom he's not got a chance. If he gets five or six goals next season then great. But that's the best we can hope for I think.

Remy would be a great addition but I can see him staying put collecing a big wedge whilst doing so

Kone simply isn't the player he once was prior to his injuries I just have no faith in the man being able to score enough goals here

We really do need another forward as much as I love Naismith and his efforts neither are good enough to fully rely on if Rom misses games unless we bring in another wideman and use Kev which I'd actually like to see

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

if we could line up a striker to bring in, I'd be happy to loan Kone out for the year and let his contract expire as long as someone picks up his wages this year. Think he can score goals, but it won't be for us and it won't be as a clear second choice/off the bench striker.

Still think that theres a good player in Kone. But getting tired of not seing him.

im desperately holding on to hope but when you see his disallowed goal vs Arsenal was a complete slice and going well wide before being deflected, and the fact he gave the ball away every time (at least one leading to a goal) and his inability to hold and/or link up play, it's a bloody hard task to keep faith.

im desperately holding on to hope but when you see his disallowed goal vs Arsenal was a complete slice and going well wide before being deflected, and the fact he gave the ball away every time (at least one leading to a goal) and his inability to hold and/or link up play, it's a bloody hard task to keep faith.

agreed. when i saw activity in this thread i was hoping it was a transfer rumour... :crying: i'd have naisy and mcaleny before him on the depth chart

There could be a swap deal here. Would Di Maria sit on our bench though behind McGeady?

If McGeady could just stay fit, Di Maria would have nothing for him!

I've gotten into a habit of "taking the piss" (Am I using that correctly?) Lately...

Edited by Quinn31