IGNORED

Arouna Kone

He looks gassed. I think he needs to rest more between matches to show the Kone of earlier in the season. A sit against west brom and he should be able to rest and get fit.

The cartilage injury will have alot to do with this. Paul McGrath and Ledley King literally could only do games and then spend the week recuperating on an exercise bike and lifting weights. With cartilage injuries and loose cartilage being taken out, the bone sits on bone and the knee balloons after a bout of exercise.

I'm not sure as to what extent Kone is having to do this but there will be a large degree of redcued workload which will impact cardio fitness.

Basically the lad is on borrowed time as a footballer IMO.

He looks gassed. I think he needs to rest more between matches to show the Kone of earlier in the season. A sit against west brom and he should be able to rest and get fit.

Martinez managed him well when he first came back from his injury so it's a bit weird that he seems to be running him into the ground now.

That's why I would be very reluctant to even think of offering him a new contract. He literally could break down completely at any time.

Martinez managed him well when he first came back from his injury so it's a bit weird that he seems to be running him into the ground now.

That's why I would be very reluctant to even think of offering him a new contract. He literally could break down completely at any time.

I think every Evertonian to a man couldn't have been moved by his reaction when scoring against Watford - was like watching the Straq score. It meant so much to him. But yep, his contract can't be charitable - if he can offer something then great, if not lets find him a club to retire on.

I honestly think he's been very unlucky - probably not the best player we have seen but far from the worst. Ridiculously strong and if fit would have been a good option for certain games.

Whats the going rate for Jordan Rhodes?

I think every Evertonian to a man couldn't have been moved by his reaction when scoring against Watford - was like watching the Straq score. It meant so much to him. But yep, his contract can't be charitable - if he can offer something then great, if not lets find him a club to retire on.

I honestly think he's been very unlucky - probably not the best player we have seen but far from the worst. Ridiculously strong and if fit would have been a good option for certain games.

Whats the going rate for Jordan Rhodes?

Boro had £12m rejected in the summer. He's a very limited player from what I've seen of him so definitely not worth what they'd want for him.

The cartilage injury will have alot to do with this. Paul McGrath and Ledley King literally could only do games and then spend the week recuperating on an exercise bike and lifting weights. With cartilage injuries and loose cartilage being taken out, the bone sits on bone and the knee balloons after a bout of exercise.

I'm not sure as to what extent Kone is having to do this but there will be a large degree of redcued workload which will impact cardio fitness.

yeah spot on.

yeah it is confusing romey especially when we had mirallas lennon gerry on the bench.

Boro had £12m rejected in the summer. He's a very limited player from what I've seen of him so definitely not worth what they'd want for him.

yeah i definately don't want rhodes. not doing great and looks way overrpriced now. i'd say go foreign or get one of the guys who goes down. calum wilson from bournemouth or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we're on the look out for a young striker in the mean time. That, or we're really putting the work into the likes of Rodriguez and Henen.

I'd rather the latter, and throw all our money at an AMC and now, despite him looking better, a replacement for T-How.

I'd rather the latter, and throw all our money at an AMC and now, despite him looking better, a replacement for T-How.

Tbh, we should be doing both - getting another striker in and developing what we have within the system because Kone isn't going to have much left in him beyond that extra year anyway.

Tbh, we should be doing both - getting another striker in and developing what we have within the system because Kone isn't going to have much left in him beyond that extra year anyway.

True, but that will be 2 years time. This summer has to be GK & AMC, which are going to cost a fortune. A striker can come the summer after when his deal would expire (assuming no further extension).

Glad Koné is getting another chance, not his fault he got injured and he has proven to be ok. Not as good as I thought he might be but early signs show that his "performances" last season were really just getting rid of the rust. I'll hold my hands up and admit I lost patience after 2 years of nothing / crap football. Hope he can get a full season under his belt and be the player I hoped he would be for us.

A good news story I think. In this day and age we have footballers signing £80k a week 5 year deals and turning up for the likes of west ham and just going through the motions after a load of fanfare and excitement.

Kone was pretty much treated like the £10 pair of "adidas 4 stripe" that the kid who wanted £80 air max.

He's had a pretty bad time in all reality - a near career ending injury, very harsh and premature criticism and yep you could tell it affected him.

The adidas 4 stripe now have a place for the spoilt kid - they may not get worn with a smart pair of jeans and polo shirt, but you will see them on when the air max are a bit too precious for a kick around in the park. Instead of ending up in a charity shop they are now sat next to the timberland boots and adidas sambas in the porch.

A good news story I think. In this day and age we have footballers signing £80k a week 5 year deals and turning up for the likes of west ham and just going through the motions after a load of fanfare and excitement.

Kone was pretty much treated like the £10 pair of "adidas 4 stripe" that the kid who wanted £80 air max.

He's had a pretty bad time in all reality - a near career ending injury, very harsh and premature criticism and yep you could tell it affected him.

The adidas 4 stripe now have a place for the spoilt kid - they may not get worn with a smart pair of jeans and polo shirt, but you will see them on when the air max are a bit too precious for a kick around in the park. Instead of ending up in a charity shop they are now sat next to the timberland boots and adidas sambas in the porch.

:dont know:

Haf the only person who creates a better parable is Jesus. you sir are a master of analogies. i tip my hat to you.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I still think we need another striker - Kone isn't going to win games on his own for us.

His primary use seems to be in bringing out the best in Lukaku (which is great) but we need more.

We need a striker partner that makes things easy for Rom but also can boss a game

In short - he wasn't wanted, unfashionable and not good enough. The fans wanted a glorified name to lead the line... the second he took to the pitch every bad thing was picked apart (you would have thought no other strikers ever missed a sitter).

The thing is - he has a role to play, it has been recognised that he gives us options that no one else does as a supplementary role - I totally get why Martinez spent £6m on him. That game for Wigan where he bullied Heitinga and Jags wasn't a fluke - he is ridiculously strong and does give defenders something to think about.

Alternatively we could have kept Vic or Jelavic....

In short - he wasn't wanted, unfashionable and not good enough. The fans wanted a glorified name to lead the line... the second he took to the pitch every bad thing was picked apart (you would have thought no other strikers ever missed a sitter).

The thing is - he has a role to play, it has been recognised that he gives us options that no one else does as a supplementary role - I totally get why Martinez spent £6m on him. That game for Wigan where he bullied Heitinga and Jags wasn't a fluke - he is ridiculously strong and does give defenders something to think about.

Alternatively we could have kept Vic or Jelavic....

I don't think he has ever bullied Jags

I was at the Wigan away game where he tore Heitinga a new arsehole but when Distin came on at half time he had him in his pocket

Either way that's all history now, I still think we paid over the odds for him and I wouldn't exactly be suicidal if he left tomorrow. That said he has "done a job" this season, but personally I think he is keeping players out of the side who could do a better job

To be fair to the lad I think if we are going to see the best of him he has to be played through the middle , either with Rom or as a late replacement for him

• 3 weeks later...