IGNORED

Arouna Kone

£6m and people quibbled. Strongest player in the league.

Stop patting yourself on the back. He's not been value so far. Only two stand out performances, and today was just as much Lukaku and Deulofou. His strength is a massive asset though and him and Lukaku compliment each other, but his fitness has let him down this season was very laggy in the other games.

Baffles me how much people are swayed by that magic third goal that means you get to keep the match ball.

Stop patting yourself on the back. He's not been value so far. Only two stand out performances, and today was just as much Lukaku and Deulofou. His strength is a massive asset though and him and Lukaku compliment each other, but his fitness has let him down this season was very laggy in the other games.

Baffles me how much people are swayed by that magic third goal that means you get to keep the match ball.

Not patting myself on the back. Highlighting the amount of dickheads who more or less made the lad scared to have the ball. Never before have I seen a player written off before getting a chance to prove himself.

If you were one of them then read it and weep, probably had a downer on naismith and Claverley too.

All very well critiquing a player after 15 games, he was slated straight away.

Not patting myself on the back. Highlighting the amount of dickheads who more or less made the lad scared to have the ball. Never before have I seen a player written off before getting a chance to prove himself.

If you were one of them then read it and weep, probably had a downer on naismith and Claverley too.

All very well critiquing a player after 15 games, he was slated straight away.

He's not proved value to me. I was happy enough for him to come, but not with the price. We then got him at worse value as he got injured (no fault of his own) costing the club 2 years in wages with no return, and come back as only half the player we paid for. He's kept his immense strength, but no longer got the pace.

Happy with Naismith, think I was one of the first to liken him to Kuyt. As for Cleverley I was in the he shouldn't play for England camp, but I was also happy to see him come here on a free, more so after seeing the Man U tempo comments/stat. Plus RM had him at Wigan where he had a better output.

I was the person who got laughed at for saying we should sell Baines at £10ish to fund McCarthy's move.

i think he has been the catalyst to a few of our wins this season and he should be a starter

I don't think he has it in him to be a regular starter. His game time will have to be managed so we get the best out of him.

Agreed I mentioned this in the game day thread as well. Proper rotation with mirallas and Lennon should help him to play this campaign and the next one with the extension. Let's hope RM doesn't get trigger happy and exhaust him.

errr.....

He had a great game today, so I'm putting the second sentence down to excitement :)

tell me any players that are physically stronger than him? Its ridiculous how strong he is, you need to foul him to knock him of the ball, Rodwell had to rugby tackle him and even then he kept going.

tell me any players that are physically stronger than him? Its ridiculous how strong he is, you need to foul him to knock him of the ball, Rodwell had to rugby tackle him and even then he kept going.

He is strong, but not the strongest in the league. Think your excitement understandably got you carried away!

His static strength is unreal - he does not get moved. Just watch him, seriously - he's like Yak was.

I do watch him, mostly because of our debate over Lukaku. I just don't see the same player as you, in either case.

Anyway, let's not go down that road for now, and celebrate that he had a good game. Just hoping he finds some sort of consistency.

I do watch him, mostly because of our debate over Lukaku. I just don't see the same player as you, in either case.

Anyway, let's not go down that road for now, and celebrate that he had a good game. Just hoping he finds some sort of consistency.

I think as I said a couple of weeks ago that he needs to play, rest and do minimal training - just use an exercise bike.

I noticed that both he and Ross avoid tackles - almost like its not even on the mind to go in. I think it is part of their injuries.

I think as I said a couple of weeks ago that he needs to play, rest and do minimal training - just use an exercise bike.

I noticed that both he and Ross avoid tackles - almost like its not even on the mind to go in. I think it is part of their injuries.

It would explain why the previous few outings were so bad, probably been over used in the opening 10 games, even if he did get an international break.

5 prem goals and 3 assists in 11 appearances (its actually the equivalent of 6 games given the fact he has been sub)

His goals per minutes played must be one of the best in the league.

Anyone fancy him to get 15 goals?

when we first signed him i said he would bag 12 or more just like he did at wigan. i was slagged off. he was injured 2 years, but maybe he will prove me right this year, and i hope he does :)

if he does activate the one year extension that would be solid business for me. he and romelu next year, and then sign a cheap striker or leandro will have that spot in cup matches. we can put our money towards GK, RB backup, and a 10 and some more youngsters.

I always have to qualify my posts with the fact that I only see the TV matches. Earlier in the season, particularly when he came on as a sub, Kone seemed to be trying too hard to impress. All over the pitch, out on the wings, often getting in the way of other forwards it was as though he hadn't attended the pre-match talk. Against Sunderland (and I know they gave us so much space that it was like a training stint) he had the confidence to 'fit in'. His first touch and close control were sublime at times and, finally, the other players knew what he was going to do and he knew what the other players were going to do. Lets hope its the start of something big.

He said he's been trying to help Rom and I think it shows in the link up side of Roms game.

You don't play 50 odd games for PSV and get a £10m transfer in 2007 without having something. You only need to look at Arteta and Pienaar to see how the wrong move can be to a players detriment - as sevilla was for Kone.

I think he is the perfect hybrid forward for the squad.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite not scoring (what a save from Guzan!) yesterday I thought he had a brilliant game and was very influential. I mean, Barkley owes him a a drink of his choice for the graft and never give up attitude he showed when Barkley got his second. He chased all over the pitch and held the ball up so well.

Because he put so much into this game it wouldn't surprise me if he had a bit of a stinker against Bournemouth and I'd actually be tempted to start him from the bench for that game. He's a player that Martinez needs to manage carefully.

So pleased he has proved me right.

Not just because it's good to be right, but he had improved us as a team and certainly led by example in showing Rom the elements of forward play that I have been frustrated with in the big Belgian.

If anyone remembers back to his season at Wigan he did a tremendous job. He allowed them to commit players forward as he would press when not on the ball and hold up play when he had it.

Very good player.