IGNORED

Arouna Kone

I could understand if he was even a former great player on the decline and they were throwing money at him because of his name, but he is literally a no one!

That's my point, whoever spends money on Kone, or players like him are fools.

China is desperate to boost its football (and to use sport as a demonstration of its power / prestige) so it is buying up players even shit ones to boost its league.

Edited by London Blue

• 2 months later...

He did this last season too, hope it's not deja vu

I'm forced to quote Catch-22

"For a few precarious seconds, the chaplain tingled with a weird, occult sensation of having experienced the identical situation before in some prior time or existence. He endeavored to trap and nourish the impression in order to predict, and perhaps even control, what incident would occur next, but the afflatus melted away unproductively, as he had known beforehand it would. Déjà vu. The subtle recurring confusion between illusion and reality that was characteristic of paramnesia fascinated the chaplain, and he knew a number of things about it. He knew, for example, that it was called paramnesia and he was interested as well in such corollary optical phenomena as jamais vu, never seen, and presque vu, almost seen. There were terrifying, sudden moments when objects, concepts and even people that the chaplain had lived with almost all his life inexplicably took on an unfamiliar and irregular aspect that he had never seen before and which made them seem totally strange: jamais vu. And there were other moments when he almost saw absolute truth in brilliant flashes of clarity that almost came to him: presque vu."

Don't know what "vu" it was but not one we're likely to be reminded of in the near future.....or the long future.

• 2 months later...

Five goals being enough to give him another year was a joke. Hopefully he'll find himself another club in the summer, or maybe even January if he could pass a medical.

I think he was unfit for football after his injury. He will need a new knee in a few years. It was a career ender.