IGNORED

Arouna Kone

2 assists and 1 goal after 1 full game and a 20 min run out. He's on the right path :)

Yeah I'm made up for Kone. Would love him to bag 10+ goals and get that swagger back.

The thing he does really well in my opinion is stop and start with the ball. He will be dribbling and driving and just stop on a dime turn and cut and either pass or drive another direction. This is opposite lukaku who is very much full speed ahead massive freight train move or be moved. I think it's one of the many complementary things they do to offset one another and confuse the centre backs.

I've probably been one of his biggest critics of late but every credit to him in the last two games he's played well and he reminded me today of when he tore us a new one for Wigan with his movement etc

Hopefully he stays injury free and carries on as he is

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 1 month later...

I'd rather we didn't in all honesty, but if we do please let it only be a 1 or 2 year deal. No more than that.

Totally agree.

He is doing a lot better this season but still hasnt done anywhere near enough to warrant a new contract,.Its not as though there are a list of clubs queuing up to snap him up, so lets wait until the end of the season and if he carries on doing a job for the rest of the season I wouldn't be adverse to a 12 month contract extension

The guy needs a rest, utter shite yesterday. Still getting up to match fitness but what a terrible performance.

He deserves a 1 year contract, then if he impresses another. But going on yesterday, it'll only be the one...

Just imagine if he cost 28m, this thread would be on fire after a performance like that...

Edited by Matt

The guy needs a rest, utter shite yesterday. Still getting up to match fitness but what a terrible performance.

He deserves a 1 year contract, then if he impresses another. But going on yesterday, it'll only be the one...

Just imagine if he cost 28m, this thread would be on fire after a performance like that...

Quite honestly I cant understand why he is in the team

He offers nothing tracking back and he is nowhere near as effective as Mirallas,Lennon or Mirallas going forward

I'll say one thing, it's worth giving him a contract to give Roms defence counsel something to grasp on to when he has a poor game.

Poor bastard is like Jeremy Corbyn. Let's all focus on Corbyn not singing the national anthem whilst Cameron makes billions in tax credit cuts.

I dont know why this critisism of Kone has raised its head again, in the first six Games Kone has played as well as, if not better than Lukaku.

He can still do, and has done a decent job for us, put the knives away until he is absolutely rank.

Edited by Bill

I dont know why this critisism of Kone has raised its head again, in the first six Games Kone has played as well as, if not better than Lukaku.

He can still do, and has done a decent job for us, put the knives away until he is absolutely rank.

Yesterday apart, he has done a decent job but I just feel that Delefeou, Lennon and Mirallas would all offer more

Yesterday apart, he has done a decent job but I just feel that Delefeou, Lennon and Mirallas would all offer more

I agree, play the players in their proper positions. I would tell lukaku and Kone that they are fighting for the spot of striker along with Naismith.

Competition for places not square pegs in round holes.

Gerrt still needs match fitness so would look to play him against reading and take it from there.