IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

My girlfriend is Portuguese so I know what you mean. Sometimes she can be asking her family 'What are you having for tea?' and it sounds as if World War III is breaking out.

off topic, but does it sound like Russian to you? Worked with Portuguese for years, cracking people and hard workers, but there language is insane!

Club officials on twitter said it was more Gerard didn't understand what was being asked of him and Martinez was trying to explain it to him which I can't imagine being easy during a match!

Local papers in Barcelona seem to think it was over Deulo not tracking back & pressing enough - which, as I have mentioned before, has been an issue in his development. Good for Martinez to stay on him, either way.

Local papers in Barcelona seem to think it was over Deulo not tracking back & pressing enough - which, as I have mentioned before, has been an issue in his development. Good for Martinez to stay on him, either way.

I think how he handles this kid - (who clearly talented, needs his attitude adjusting) will be key to how the other players see Roberto as a "manager".

It's a test that Moyes was faced with immediately when he joined Everton. I was there when he subbed Jesper Blomqvist and Blomqvist showed dissent, Moyes didn't miss the opportunity to let him and everyone else there know who was boss.

Maybe he needs knocking down and building up.

@hafnia, Which is definitely something Deulofeu has been in short supply of - although Eusebio did call him out in the media. It's tough with young talents who are already making money at an early age through boot endorsements etc. (He's a Nike player). If he had a motor/head like Pedro, the kid would be a sensation.

I'd quite like to do that audience with Roberto in aintree, pretty interesting bloke I think. His outlook on football is refreshing to say the least.

Looking forward to seeing Gerard do some magic in a blue shirt, with his talent its gonna happen.

I can see Gerry and Ross trying to outdo eachother - harnessed in the right way that could be awesome for us.

Certainly Barkleys performance will have given Gerry the message "you ain't the only youngster with talent - so don't be thinking you are too good for us"

I think Gerry will try and rise to the level of Ross's performance - workrate and playing for the team being the key message.

I can see Gerry and Ross trying to outdo eachother - harnessed in the right way that could be awesome for us.

Certainly Barkleys performance will have given Gerry the message "you ain't the only youngster with talent - so don't be thinking you are too good for us"

I think Gerry will try and rise to the level of Ross's performance - workrate and playing for the team being the key message.

I would love to see them working well together.

Ffs, 2 games into the season.

He will feature but people are acting like the PL is a doddle and that a spanish super talent from Barcas B team will walk on to the team and cause major havoc to the opposition.

The PL is the best league in the world. Deulofeu will get a chance soon. I hope he lives up to 50% of the expectations. If he does, he will be an excellent addition to Everton.

FCBarca - Deulofeu will be a better player in a years time, because he opted for a new league, style etc. Its only been 2 games.

It's still quite early but it's already looking a mistake to have opted for a new league, style etc. rather than going to another Primera club like Racing, Sociedad, Betis, Los Che etc

Dont panick mate. its RMs first two games and he is still finding his feet, as soon as he is settled and a couple of goals up he will get his chance.

I said when we signed him I was concerned that Martinez would do with him what he did with Henriques who he loaned from United, and barely play him. I hope that doesn't prove to be the case because I'm excited about seeing him play for us.

I think yesterday would have been a good opportunity to play him. We were crying out for something different and there'd have been no harm in throwing him on for the last 10 minutes I felt. Perhaps subbing the anonymous Osman, shifting Pienaar inside and playing Del out wide. Or moving Barkley into Osman's midfield position and having Del behind Kone.

I was a little surprised he didn't come on late in yesterday's game but then it was fairly brutal at times and also finely balanced so not the best game to introduce him. I think Wednesday's cup game will be ideal for him.

Playing against West Brom wouldv'e been too brutal but you think playing against Stevanage, who will be doing a lot of kicking, is ideal?! :unsure:

Ffs, 2 games into the season.

He will feature but people are acting like the PL is a doddle and that a spanish super talent from Barcas B team will walk on to the team and cause major havoc to the opposition.

The PL is the best league in the world. Deulofeu will get a chance soon. I hope he lives up to 50% of the expectations. If he does, he will be an excellent addition to Everton.

FCBarca - Deulofeu will be a better player in a years time, because he opted for a new league, style etc. Its only been 2 games.

I would've merely expected him to get some minutes and seeing that the loan is simply a season long one, not sure what benefit there is to Everton to view it as a longterm project. Seems odd to give the #10 shirt to a player that is firmly planted on the bench. Might be a case of Martinez hoping he can secure Deulo's services for longer but I doubt very much that the club will look favorable on the loan if he rarely plays - the goal was for the player to get seasoned since they do count on him in their plans. Apparently, the player preferred a move to the Premiership over staying in Spain for the loan but that too may change. It's early of course but I expected at least a quarter hour or something, perhaps the League Cup.

Edited by FCBarça

I would've merely expected him to get some minutes and seeing that the loan is simply a season long one, not sure what benefit there is to Everton to view it as a longterm project. Seems odd to give the #10 shirt to a player that is firmly planted on the bench. Might be a case of Martinez hoping he can secure Deulo's services for longer but I doubt very much that the club will look favorable on the loan if he rarely plays - the goal was for the player to get seasoned since they do count on him in their plans. Apparently, the player preferred a move to the Premiership over staying in Spain for the loan but that too may change. It's early of course but I expected at least a quarter hour or something, perhaps the League Cup.

Im sure that Martinez has plans for Deulofeu. As you rightly pointed out, he was given the number 10 shirt. But its only been two games and we saw clearly in the states that Gerard needs a little time to learn how to play in Robertos system. He will almost certainly get some time against Stevenage.

He will surely feature soon enough as Steve said he's likely not to have been 100% fit and ready and it is a tough league to adapt to at a young age even more so without being fully fit.

I'd love to see him on the right and bring mirallas into the middle sat just behind Kone.