IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Not sure how much this would help us - very young so not likely to feature that much in the first team. Not exactely building for the future if he goes back to Barca in 12 months time. Would rather a permeanent transfer for this type of youngster, at least then if he cuts the mustrad we would be on a winner. OK if we end up really short on numbers, but almost better trying our own youth players out.

Maybe with a buy option like we had with Pineer and Arteta, but doubt thats what Barca want.

He's supposed to be the best player from Barcelona's academy for some time. He's doing well in the U20 World Cup too. I would gladly have him on loan, don't think it's gonna happen though.

Btw, I also wouldn't mind a move for Denis Suarez, he was really good in Spain's last game. Plays for Manchester City, but he's 19 now and might want to move to a club where he will have a chance of getting game time.

Edited by Steve_E

Barca only want to loan, but not sell. I saw in one of the papers that 'Deulo' would prefer Everton over Spurs as Martinez is a fellow Catalonian. I don't know whether that's genuine or nonsense, but it's interesting.

It's food for thought too, whenever Scots were linked under David Moyes I was fairly confident they would come. If we are linked with Spaniards, Central Americans and South Americans (Brazil excluded) they might prefer to come to Everton for the Hispanic factor. Bryan Oviedo said he was excited to work with Martinez.

It may just be the Spanish press copying the Mirror article

Yes we do need him anything is better than seeing Naismith or osman on the wing. Also this guy is like shit hot, he's the next big thing out of Barcelona. Also is it not good for all parties? We get an awesome player he plays and ruins defences he progresses goes back to Barcelona stronger. Then our relations with Barcelona improve as a result of this loan deal if it is a success. Which could mean we get unwanted Barcelona players in the future or take players who want first team football off of their hands?

Edited by Bainaar

The BBC have us as going into battle with Spurs over him.

I would rather just try and sign him on loan than start a war. Spurs have got a bigger squad than us and although we're obviously much harder than Spurs, extra numbers can sometimes swing it in a battle.

YES YES YES. THIS is the kind of move we need. Someone with gamebreaking potential. Obviously he is very young but he is super talented and I'm pretty confident capable of making a difference for us; he's been tearing up the U-20 World Cup this summer. He's been touted as the best talent to come out of Barca's ranks since Messi. And it's easy to see why.

Also pretty comforting, especially with the brand new regime in charge, to see that Barcelona trusts Everton with one of their most prized possessions. I like this move a lot, even though we only get him for a year obviously.

The BBC have us as going into battle with Spurs over him.

I would rather just try and sign him on loan than start a war. Spurs have got a bigger squad than us and although we're obviously much harder than Spurs, extra numbers can sometimes swing it in a battle.

If it's down to Everton vs. Spurs, I'd hope the Catalan connection will bring him to Goodison.

I will be very happy if he joins, even if we have no hope of keeping him at the end of the season. Will be a great option to have on the bench. Damn it, what is it with so many players joining/on the verge of joining us? I'm not used to this.

David Moyes has moved on.

If he says it's happening then it's pretty nailed on.

I'm not sure how much game time he'll actually get though?

If he says it's happening then it's pretty nailed on.

I'm not sure how much game time he'll actually get though?

He's 19, that's not that young. He's also supposed to be the bee's knees. He's got a full season of Segunda Division experience, he basically set that league alight with 18 goals. I think people would be pretty happy if we got a 19-year-old winger who scored 18 goals in the Championship, heck people were excited when we were linked to one that scored 2 championship goals. He's also a right winger, unlike Mirallas and Pienaar. I can see him being next season's Lukaku so to speak.

He's 19, that's not that young. He's also supposed to be the bee's knees. He's got a full season of Segunda Division experience, he basically set that league alight with 18 goals. I think people would be pretty happy if we got a 19-year-old winger who scored 18 goals in the Championship, heck people were excited when we were linked to one that scored 2 championship goals. He's also a right winger, unlike Mirallas and Pienaar. I can see him being next season's Lukaku so to speak.

I wasn't thinking he was too young.

So you reckon he'd get plenty of games? In place of Pienaar perhaps with Mirallas on the left?