IGNORED

Toby Alderweireld

Alderweireld himself has given an interview to De Telegraaf (http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/21801651/__Alderweireld_trots_op_interesse__.html). He says that Spartak are the club who made an offer, that he won't say no to any club (not Russian ones either) until after talking to them about their offer etc. He says Spartak are a good club and maybe the move will be to good to turn down. He won't have to worry about personal terms until after Ajax and Spartak reach an agreement though and he wants to focus on the Belgium-France friendly now anyway.

Oh I know, I'd just like money to be an option for us!

Lest you forget Romey that Tan changed the strip of teh Cardiff Bluebirds from blue to red in order to bring prosperity. He also wanted to change the name to the Cardiff Dragons, and hired people who design truly awful kits :dry:

In saying that though, Joel Robles was on loan from Athletico at Wigan, so we would have paid Athletico something decent (perhaps a couple million euros) then Alcaraz wages would be decent as well, add that to the £6m we spent on Kone and I'd imagine so far we've already racked up at least 50-60k a week in wages and spent at least £6m if not more...and we're still looking for players now in the £5-6m bracket, which considering for the season ahead we only actually need 1 or 2 players, I mean I know we'd love half a dozen world class players but we only need 1 or 2 to have a competative squad for next season...

I get it would be nice to able to splash the £27m cardiff have so far, but Cardiff spent it based on what they needed for the league, they needed a quality defender, they needed a midfield general and they needed a goalscorer, so they went and got them...the trade off as there always is with new ownership are the rules and requirements they put in place...

I honestly don't think we're in that abd a position, and if we did have £30m to spend, would we really go and buy a big £25m signing, I prefer the £5m options myself, Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jelavic, Mirallas, Gibson......all these players cost no more than £6m.....so why do we need to go spraying around money when we have been managing off what we had?

I'm much more for Martinez bringing in the youth and strengthening from within, with the occasional splurge on some decent talent, as I think the best players we've had (bar Felliani) have come from smaller transfers, Alderwerield can be included in that because I rate him highly and he's in that bracket...

Lest you forget Romey that Tan changed the strip of teh Cardiff Bluebirds from blue to red in order to bring prosperity. He also wanted to change the name to the Cardiff Dragons, and hired people who design truly awful kits :dry:

In saying that though, Joel Robles was on loan from Athletico at Wigan, so we would have paid Athletico something decent (perhaps a couple million euros) then Alcaraz wages would be decent as well, add that to the £6m we spent on Kone and I'd imagine so far we've already racked up at least 50-60k a week in wages and spent at least £6m if not more...and we're still looking for players now in the £5-6m bracket, which considering for the season ahead we only actually need 1 or 2 players, I mean I know we'd love half a dozen world class players but we only need 1 or 2 to have a competative squad for next season...

I get it would be nice to able to splash the £27m cardiff have so far, but Cardiff spent it based on what they needed for the league, they needed a quality defender, they needed a midfield general and they needed a goalscorer, so they went and got them...the trade off as there always is with new ownership are the rules and requirements they put in place...

I honestly don't think we're in that abd a position, and if we did have £30m to spend, would we really go and buy a big £25m signing, I prefer the £5m options myself, Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jelavic, Mirallas, Gibson......all these players cost no more than £6m.....so why do we need to go spraying around money when we have been managing off what we had?

I'm much more for Martinez bringing in the youth and strengthening from within, with the occasional splurge on some decent talent, as I think the best players we've had (bar Felliani) have come from smaller transfers, Alderwerield can be included in that because I rate him highly and he's in that bracket...

That's the thing though, he hasn't done this. So far other than Robles, Alcaraz + Kone are the wrong age then(i refuse to count Deulofeu,as he is always going back) and strengthening from within would be letting the likes of Green have a go. Barkley was involved under Moyes(not very much mind you) so far from what i can see we are just playing a different formation with the same players, we need to strengthen in midfield, im fed up with Gibson and his injuries it's just fucking boring now, he's really no more than a squad player like this, Osman is finished and Fellaini if he stays will only turn up every other game. We are in danger of getting very left behind this year imo.

good point!

Wasnt it written somewhere that Ramadan will never effect thier job or proffesion and that they allowed to eat if it effects that role.

Kone has been quiet and dissapointing when i have saw him so far, but i wont write him of until i have saw the start of the season competitively.

With Jellys form too, it has made him look average. Lets get him fit and see what hes got.

Wasnt it written somewhere that Ramadan will never effect thier job or proffesion and that they allowed to eat if it effects that role.

Kone has been quiet and dissapointing when i have saw him so far, but i wont write him of until i have saw the start of the season competitively.

With Jellys form too, it has made him look average. Lets get him fit and see what hes got.

not in the Quran I dont think!

That's the thing though, he hasn't done this. So far other than Robles, Alcaraz + Kone are the wrong age then(i refuse to count Deulofeu,as he is always going back) and strengthening from within would be letting the likes of Green have a go. Barkley was involved under Moyes(not very much mind you) so far from what i can see we are just playing a different formation with the same players, we need to strengthen in midfield, im fed up with Gibson and his injuries it's just fucking boring now, he's really no more than a squad player like this, Osman is finished and Fellaini if he stays will only turn up every other game. We are in danger of getting very left behind this year imo.

Are you serious? Martinez hasnt even managed his first competitive game for the club and your slating his youth policy!

We do need a new central midfielder but we still have two weeks of the transfer window left to run.

Are you serious? Martinez hasnt even managed his first competitive game for the club and your slating his youth policy!

We do need a new central midfielder but we still have two weeks of the transfer window left to run.

Oh i will give him time, but we need to sign some more players, looks like we might miss one here, we need in midfield, lets hope we get some movement soon.

Oh i will give him time, but we need to sign some more players, looks like we might miss one here, we need in midfield, lets hope we get some movement soon.

Exactly pretty much said this in another post, we really haven't strengthened our squad yet, we have let go three players and bought in four, one who needs a hernia operation and the other a loan who it looks like we won't sign at the end of his loan period. We need more bodies in midfield, one or two injuries and/or a ban and we are struggling to fill positions and players will go back to being played out of position again!

Maybe for once we will be the club taking players in the last hour on deadline day.

Stones was one of the final deals in the last transfer window, although I wonder if we'd have pulled the trigger if he hadn't gone to Wigan with his agent for talks that afternoon.

Stones was one of the final deals in the last transfer window, although I wonder if we'd have pulled the trigger if he hadn't gone to Wigan with his agent for talks that afternoon.

Forgot about that one.

Maybe we'll be making a habit of it then. :happy:

Don't forget we got Drenthe and Straquallasi at the end of the transfer window and was close to the Ofoe deal as well but it fell through...