IGNORED

Rooney

This is a ludicrous argument. Rooney is still world class. He is suffering from the LVG effect like the rest of the squad. Surely Rooney could do 5x the job Kone does as "LW/ST". Anyone saying they dont want Rooney is completely insane. Boyhood evertonian would never risk the clubs financial position, if he comes back its because he wants to and he will play for the crest not the wages.

If MU want lukaku, we will take £30mill + de gea[emoji106]

He's past his best but could still do a job in midfield but the money and wages wouldn't even warrant entertaining the idea

Shame really as he's got the mentality and backbone we could do with but it's a pipe dream

He'd certainly rally the dressing room.

no thanks. Haf swore that he was coming to us in January or this summer but he will be back at man united no doubt. would be a waste of money anyways. younger and better players out there for a lot cheaper.

Did I?.... blimey you are being a spokesperson today Mark.

I recall saying that if we got him he would be a figurehead and a winner who would kick some arse. I didn't swear we were getting him at all.

Edited by Hafnia

OK..... had a message from my mate who is a big united fan, story is Rooney is coming in January. He's not injured - apparently to do with alcohol in system when turning up for training.

I think they will try and get stones or lukaku as part of the deal, for me that doesn't need to happen. If Rooney is done there, then he will not be allowed to earn £300k sat on the bench or in the stand. He's too big a personality to have in the training ground and not be involved - Van Gaal will want him gone.

For me Everton could enhance his career, he needs a change I think. We could do with a player who barks and cajoles the others.

case in point

hafnia, on 08 Dec 2015 - 11:32, said:

OK..... had a message from my mate who is a big united fan, story is Rooney is coming in January. He's not injured - apparently to do with alcohol in system when turning up for training.

I think they will try and get stones or lukaku as part of the deal, for me that doesn't need to happen. If Rooney is done there, then he will not be allowed to earn £300k sat on the bench or in the stand. He's too big a personality to have in the training ground and not be involved - Van Gaal will want him gone.

For me Everton could enhance his career, he needs a change I think. We could do with a player who barks and cajoles the others.

Hahahaha Blue250 will love this

Edited by MC11

hafnia, on 08 Dec 2015 - 11:32, said:

Hahahaha Blue250 will love this

Nah... it's not a lukaku subject.

Yep same mate who told me a good while ago that Gibson was prone to being a dick head on the ale... before knocking a cyclist off his bike.

Don't see where I swore it was a done deal. More to the point this mate didn't say he was coming here... more me saying I "think"... and yes he cajoles the team etc etc.

So did I swear he was coming here??? Nope. Did his blood alcohol test happen??? That's irrelevant but I certainly wouldnt put it past the lad, after all he likes his ciggies too.

Should become journalists lads... "hafnia swears rooney to make return shocker".... oops well he did say "thinks"...

Come to think of it... could happen eh?

Edited by Hafnia

Once a blue always a blue my arse[emoji6]

You're replying to a post made six and a half years ago :P.

Can this be moved from the General Everton discussions? Not an Everton player. Previous players get moved to General Football.

Done, not quite sure why it wasn't done before.

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone take him for the number ten position? Or even midfield as seems to be spoken about a lot lately?

I'd stick with him up top. He's still fast over 10 yards and got a trick or two to get away from the last man. Restrict him from dropping deep and he would get a bag full.