IGNORED

Rooney

Wasn't suggesting giving him the armband by the way..doesn't need it to be vocal

To be honest I was just thinking that it is something he would want. He lost the right for the arm band a long time ago.

The best he can hope for is to wear the blue shirt again and do so at a cost that isn't ridiculous to us.

Not anymore, last year he's deteriorated at an astonishing rate.

ciggies, food and beer. Not necessarily excessive - but where Ronaldo sought out the best lifestyle - Rooney just never avoided the wrong one enough.

Amazing he's had the career he has really. Probably played carrying far more weight than the average player yet covered the ground remarkably well with amazing stamina..... something had to give.

Compare his legs and torso to other players - I believe he has been allowed to get away with a higher body fat percentage because he was able to deliver.

Id have him back in an instant, money dependent.

He has been pushed from position to position for years and the stick he gets is ridiculous, for all that I have joined in on occasions. Stick him up top, and get the ball into him inside the box and he will score 20 a season easily. Dont move him wide, dont move him deep, dont expect him to play as a false nine, just let him play on the shoulder of the last man, helping build up the play when required, before making a b-line to the box.

Id also like to see him get fired up again and get aggressive.

Absolutely not! Please no!! We should be looking for the future, not making rash decisions based solely on nostalgia. Rooney's decline is clear for all to see, and he's not going to get better.

Would you take an 80% pay cut when your ridiculous salary is guaranteed for several years?

Edited by Cornish Steve

I think he could still do a job, him and Rom up top could be very good for us. We would also get massive exposure world wide. For this whole thing to go big we need a big name player, City got Robinho, Rooney could be the one to get us the headlines to bring in other players. I think a move back would reignite him too, I could see him shedding a few pounds and getting back to peak fitness to show he still has it in a blue shirt.