IGNORED

Is Fellaini good enough for Manchester United?

Baines is probably the only player better than Fellaini in our entire squad in terms of ability.

In terms of how important the player is to the team there are a bunch of people more important than Fellaini.

We need:

Baines and Pienaar on the left to create chances

Coleman and Mirallas to worry our opponents on the right

Jelavic on form or Kone/Anichebe to hold up the ball or put the ball away

Jags/Distin to clear anything that comes into the box

Gibson to spray the ball around the park.

Fellaini is probably the easiest player to replace, and even if we dont get a replacement with Fellainis ability we will certanly get one good enough to mop up in midfield. Because if Felli is to be used in his proper position, the one that we all want him to have, his only task would be to clean up and dominate the midfield.

Fellaini is an all round player, a brilliant one. Id hate to see him go. He will harass the opponents, clean up, be a threat, spread the ball around the park. If we replace him we will only need to find someone that can clean up the midfield. We have players to do the rest.

I don't think it's fair to say Coleman is more important than Fellaini given that he terrorizes the right as, Fellaini would never need to do that. Same goes for Pienaar, just because he has a role on the left, doesn't make him more important than Felli (or more difficult to replace, in fact I'm certain there are better options than Pienaar out there!

I do understand what you are saying and I agree to a point that Fellaini is a player that cleans up the midfield, and in order to replace him we just need to find someone similar. However, I do think that other players in the team could be just as easily replaced, bar Baines probably.

I don't think it's fair to say Coleman is more important than Fellaini given that he terrorizes the right as, Fellaini would never need to do that. Same goes for Pienaar, just because he has a role on the left, doesn't make him more important than Felli (or more difficult to replace, in fact I'm certain there are better options than Pienaar out there!

I do understand what you are saying and I agree to a point that Fellaini is a player that cleans up the midfield, and in order to replace him we just need to find someone similar. However, I do think that other players in the team could be just as easily replaced, bar Baines probably.

I disagree and here is why:

The amount of goal scoring opportunities that the right and left wing produce are because of the partnerships created in Baines/Pienaar and Coleman/Mirallas. Fellaini has however been great at linking up with these to create triangles. Mirallas has been great in swapping sides and helping out down the left. My point is that Osman/Barkley can do the exact same job in supporting the flanks by creating triangles to play the ball through the opposition defense line. We don't need it to be Fellaini. We have however seen that Baines/Pienaar and Coleman/Mirallas do the job more often than not, hence more difficult to replace. Pienaar is however slipping and needs to step it up. Fellaini has proven time and time again to be inconsistant. (or gone due to bans) The rest have covered for him.

Im not saying that Coleman is more important than Fellaini, I'm saying that the Coleman/Mirallas partnership is more important than Fellaini and not as easy to replace.

I think someone like Bradley can replace the job that needs to be done by Fellaini. Is Bradley as good as Fellaini all round? No not a chance, but he will do the job that's required of him for the rest to be able to do their jobs. Moneyball!

Still love Fellaini, he is awesome and a monster at times. Will miss him a lot if he leaves, the character, the fear that he brings to the opposition, the fights on the middle of the field, the haircut, the goals.

Wont miss the days when it looks like he does not want to play football.

Still love Fellaini, he is awesome and a monster at times. Will miss him a lot if he leaves, the character, the fear that he brings to the opposition, the fights on the middle of the field, the haircut, the goals.

Wont miss the days when it looks like he does not want to play football.

And THAT... is when he's not good enough for MU.

Baines, Mirallas, if he keeps going at this rate Coleman will be better than Baines before long, i honestly think most Evertonians have a very highly inflated opinion of Fellaini which is not substansciated by his efforts on the pitch.

i think some Evertonians have a tainted view because of one horrific game. He is our best player for me, closely followed by Baines.

Completely agree on Coleman, could be the best RB in the league very soon

My bold shout of the season is that Coleman will be the best and most productive RB in the league.

I've been telling all my mates that! I really think he will make his mark this year and then we'll be hearing about bids for him next year.

I agree and I just had to check when he's contracted to. I'm relieved to see it's June 2017!

Coleman, Baines and Felli are the most important 3 for me. If Mirallas plays like he has in preseason then he will be up there too.

I think Felli does a lot of donkey work a lot of people dont appreciate. Everyone was saying he was shit against Valencia yet he was still breaking up the play and making incisive balls forward (ie ones through to Vic/Barkley as opposed to out wide).

In a way I think that we are lucky/well managed that we have never really relied on just one person. The team is more important and in all honesty I think we could replace anyone without too much fuss (as long as we had decent funds).

I think if Luiz is rated at £35 mill then so should be felli if not more. If Moyes plays him as a defensive midfielder he will be loved at Utd if he plays him as a walking chest target then the fans will crap on them both. He is on his day unplayable. I think he could play for any team in the world but £28 mill plus would be hard to turn down. Gotta agree about Coleman think him and mirrallas should be in everybodys dream team

Didn't quite comprehend the direct above but Yes Fellaini is good enough for MUFC. Can turn a game on his own and be a superlative talent when the occasion arises but we don't always see the best the player has to offer. When the time comes for his departure and whatever destination it be, It would be derisory to recieve anything less than twenty million pounds. Some insist he has a valuation of twice that or even up to fifty million but can never buy into it. Then again you have players today of similar caliber or potential selling for damn fucking stupid money, so that said, there just may be something in it.

If Fellaini's clause really has expired he wont be going to United. Everton would now ask for about £30m, and the United fans would not be happy with paying over the odds for him after his clause went public.

well dithering Dave has backed himself into a corner, he pursued a clearly uninterested fabregas and now has a week before the season starts. I'd play hardball with him, £25m plus add ons.

well dithering Dave has backed himself into a corner, he pursued a clearly uninterested fabregas and now has a week before the season starts. I'd play hardball with him, £25m plus add ons.

I wouldnt even play hard ball, i'd be asking stupid money for him. Look at Levy with Bale, he's been offered a damn good fee at £85m, but telling them if you want him he wants £100m. Do the same. They could have had him for £23m last week, unlucky, you didn't turn up with a big bag of cash before the dealine, now we dont want to sell. So if you really want him come back with £35m, all up front, no add ons, not on the drip, then we'll talk. And forget Baines, swap for Rooney or get out. No need to stand around being all nice, pay up or do one.

Well he's promoting another EFC forum, but most of all he's German, so let's put it this way, if you were to ban him, I will be very quiet.

Pls let the moderators moderate. I hate it when players try to get other players red carded. ;)

He flipped out over an old issue with some guy. It was stupid. Now its up to the moderators.

Well he's promoting another EFC forum, but most of all he's German, so let's put it this way, if you were to ban him, I will be very quiet.

Behave yourself. If you have an agenda against Av then leave it out of trying to influence mods decisions.

I find him a good lad overall even though i always seem to argue with him, and whilst he does blow a gasket on here from time to time his hearts in the right place. He certainly wouldn't try and get someone banned. So do us a favour and butt out, because if it was down to the posters to get people banned, you wouldn't be far from my hit list.