IGNORED

Cardiff (away)

gethinO

Guest rusty747

Never thought I would say this but I think selling Felli and buying Mcarthy might not be a bad idea. I think Felli is genuinely trying his best but his head and heart have def been affected and I think bringing in a hungry Mcarthy who knows the Martinez system might just be the breath of fresh air that we need. AddBarry as cover, a fit Gibbo, keep Baines and maybe throw Moses into the mix andI will be a happy toffee. That's a lot of business in 2 days though. Hope it's already in place and Bobby just needs to pull the trigger.

Thought you all might like to know (or not) but living in south wales, ive heard a lot of Cardiff fans views since the match.

Most often heard word on Everton is ' QUALITY' they were impressed by our boys. Also refreshingly honest about Cardiff. They accept they will

be outplayed a lot , but hope their grit and tenacity especially at home see them through. But nice to see they rate us.

pointed out that Baines managed to skip the first challenge but left his leg in once in the area. He said it was clever from Baines but still a pen.

To be honest, I felt a little disappointment once I saw that :(

The onus isn't on Baines to move his leg so he's not fouled though. If Baines had moved his in order to connect with Medel then I'd understand Savage's point, but that's not what happened.

:huh: the point is that the first tackle was also mistimed but Baines didn't go down then...

Savage said it was a pen, just that Baines was clever in getting it

If he'd jumped over the second challenge then I don't think he had any chance of getting to the ball, he simply had to keep running in the direction he was heading if he was to get there.

:huh: the point is that the first tackle was also mistimed but Baines didn't go down then...

Savage said it was a pen, just that Baines was clever in getting it

Even if he jumped over it should have been a pen due to being impeded, but refs are shit and need the players to do their job for them, if Baines had flung his arms in the air and done 3 roll overs he would have won the pen.

What pissed me off was baines adopting this "honourable sportsman" shit. If that was gerrard, Rooney, RVP, or any other winner who wants to win he should have got up and in the refs face gesturing that he had been taken out.

Again, Bellamy - elbow in the face!? Go down! Those bastards wouldn't think twice about doing it to him.

This subservient bollocks pisses me off. Good old pro phil Neville got up after kuyt nearly cut him in half.

What pissed me off was baines adopting this "honourable sportsman" shit. If that was gerrard, Rooney, RVP, or any other winner who wants to win he should have got up and in the refs face gesturing that he had been taken out.

Again, Bellamy - elbow in the face!? Go down! Those bastards wouldn't think twice about doing it to him.

This subservient bollocks pisses me off. Good old pro phil Neville got up after kuyt nearly cut him in half.

The players shouldn't have to degrade themselves though, it's the piss poor referee association that needs to improve.

Unfortunately pete when you get a shite ref you need to get in their face. Otherwise they will just serve you the shitty end of the decisions.

I know, pisses me off too. But it's been like this for over a decade. Even if we get in their face we still won't get as many decisions from the entertainers, it's time for the FA to change the officials.

Edited by pete0

so youre saying, either cheat like the others or you wont get any decisions?

Cheating would be to dive. I never said dive. I said make it clear to the ref what exactly happened. Picking yourself up and trotting back for the goal kick makes the refs job far too easy "these boys will take a bad decision better than the others"

Cheating would be to pretend you were hit when you weren't. However just a mere submissive head bow whilst dabbing your mouth ain't letting the ref know you've been smacked.

Lets be honest Moyes has had worse starts to season without anywhere near the possession and style of play we have had. Plus he never had some tit trying to sign and unsettle his two best players. Ha ha see what I did there.

I actually think if we had a start of let's say:- Sunderland, west ham, Newcastle we would have 9 points. Those teams wouldn't be content with a draw, we have had to play for me the worst team you want to face = Those who believe every draw against top half is a step near survival.

My concerns aren't necessarily with the manager although he is responsible for addressing them. Mirallas, Osman, jelavic need sorting. I mean sorting.

I would like to see Barry come in and displace Osman, I think we desperately need Gibson fit. If we sell felli then I expect to see McCarthy and a striker come in.

The sale of Fellaini and replacing with McCarthy would make sound sense. Our tempo is way off. McCarthy is a one, two touch player. It's either get with it or get off for the other players.

Today I seen a 60% effort from Fellaini. Maybe I was looking for signs from him. I feel baines genuinely loves us and leaves his issues in the changing room. He looked angry at the draw.

I agree on paper the opening fixtures looked comfortable games, we may have faired better against teams who's fans would have expected them to try and play football against us. But so far this season we have only played four teams that have looked to try and contain us for a draw, with lots of men behind the ball. We have not had any luck breaks either or early goals for get the team relaxed. So a frustrating start to the season.

Would like to see Kone starting ahead of Jelavic, appears his pre-season goal scoring is not translating in to the league.

It will be really interesting to see how we do against team in which we are the underdogs.

Yet another bore draw!

Its hard to see where our first win is going to come from at the moment, I really dont fancy us next week against Chelsea, but I suppose its to be expected . Think it is a bit like The Shite under Rodgers last year where they had plenty of possesion but never did anything with it. It all reminds me of the Mike Walker era at the moment where we could make 50 passes in our own half then lose the ball and concede a goal, lets hope it turns out better than that shite!

Another dire performance from Kone but again I suppose its a bit early to judge him at the moment

I think you're right about the Rodgers comment but their performances improved throughout the season and they have started playing this season pretty well. I still think they are a little soft and Im sure we will be (albeit we do have 2 clean sheets already!) but with time and some confidence, the players will start making the most of their opportunities. Whether it be the pass they were afraid to play or the shot they were afraid to take on.

Kone was 10 times the player Jelavic was and really dont see what he did wrong in this game. His control, movement and ability to bring other into the game was very good.

This post is not about the match, but I heard something disturbing today and I wanted to find out if its true.

A Friend told me that after the Cardiff game 2 Everton fans ( A father and his 15 year old son) were ambushed when they were on their own

and badly beaten up by a gang of Cardiff thugs at the train station after the game.

Apparently it was on the news down here in South Wales. First ive heard of this, I was at the game and the station and saw no hint of trouble

but Cardiff carry a reputation for trouble that I know the club has tried hard to eradicate.

Does any of you know anything about this ? If true its an utter cowardly disgrace the 2 attacked must have been terrified.

Hate to think 2 of my fellow Evertonians were treated like that in Wales. l am furious and shocked by this story, so can anyone confirm it.