To summarise yesterday's business..

Fellaini out - £27.5m

Anichebe out - £3m+

£30.5m

Barry in - £6m in wages

Lukaku in - £5m in wages

McCarthy in - £13m

£24m

We have effectively took on Lukaku and Barry for free for a year. They look expensive but when I look at it like that, I can't complain.

Robles' and Kone's transfer fees are covered too if Anichebe reaches the £6m announced.

So again we've actually spent nothing? Debt better be going down!

Fellaini out - £27.5m

Anichebe out - £3m+

£30.5m

Barry in - £6m in wages

Lukaku in - £5m in wages

McCarthy in - £13m

£24m

We have effectively took on Lukaku and Barry for free for a year. They look expensive but when I look at it like that, I can't complain.

Robles' and Kone's transfer fees are covered too if Anichebe reaches the £6m announced.

If you're going to include Barry/Lukaku wages in the numbers you surely also need to deduct Fellaini & Vic's? Must be more than £4m.

If you're going to include Barry/Lukaku wages in the numbers you surely also need to deduct Fellaini & Vic's? Must be more than £4m.

closer to 5m off the bill, 100k a week between the 2 of them...

again, I dont understand why the full agreed fee isnt taken into consideration for Vic.

Edited by Matt

It's not really necessary Mike, the transfer fee had already covered the costs.

Do you think Anichebe/Fellaini's combined wages would be enough to cover Robles, Kone, and McCarthy?

Also, the retirement of Nevile, Mucha and Hitzelsperger being released would have freed up wages.

It does seem the case to me, that the actual net investment is close to nothing. It's not a complaint.

Matt - Because it's not guaranteed. It's a possible fee :)

Do you think Anichebe/Fellaini's combined wages would be enough to cover Robles, Kone, and McCarthy?

Matt - Because it's not guaranteed. It's a possible fee :)

its still something that can be banked against though, isnt it?

Id hope that Felli + Vics wages would cover those 3 wages!

No....but that's not my point. It was that if you're going to take wages into account then you have to surely have to take all of them into account, not just cherry pick a couple.

Felli, Vic, Neville, Hitz. moyes wages = £250k ish

Martinez, Mccarthy, kone, robles, alcaraz, lukaku, Barry wages = £300k - £320k

About an extra £3m a year difference

if we are paying all of Barrys 125k, that means 200k split between the remaining 6, right?

At least we know where the rest of the transfer budget is going :lol:

It does seem the case to me, that the actual net investment is close to nothing. It's not a complaint.

I'll be complaining if there's still nothing to spend in January (obviously not expecting an influx of players, but maybe buying one outright). But right now, it looks like good business because we've strengthened without spending anything. The problem may come in the summer when these loan players are no longer here. Del may come back for another year but will go back eventually, we've pretty much no chance of keeping hold of Lukaku and I heard that Barry will be moving to the MLS on a free once his City contract runs out.

I am now going to stand up and be shot down.

Rubes Theory:

It is all a fix. For years Felli has said he wanted CL football, but we all realise that by the time Everton get it Felli is likely to be too old. Yet Felli is also loyal and a gent. Moyes wants to thank Everton for the past 11 years. Moyes deliberately let the £23.5 out lapse, United can afford it, to get extra money to Everton. Bill Kenright and Dave Whelan are mates, deal was done months ago for McCarthy but kept under wraps until the last minute to try to get other deals sorted. So I think it was all a cosy little fix in order to get deals done that they had no control over, AND to keep foreign teams away from Felli. Besides it also rewards the fans with some great excitement. :dry:

OK I am joking :rofl:

Fernando will only have 6 months to run on his contract?

Bruno Martins Indi?

Abel Hernandez will want to move from a relegated team?

We could in the mean time, find longer term replacements for the players who we've got in on loan and buy them outright in Jan?

Edited by tenaciousj

Just seen Barry's interview in the TV. He said he wants to help Everton this season and hopefully beyond. :rolleyes:

Now I was under the impression that we got him without the right to buy ... Or was that Lukaku?

He's in the last year of his contract so, unless City offer him a new one (which they won't) he'll be a free agent.

Dammit, dammit, dammit!!!

Fellaini out - £27.5m

Anichebe out - £3m+

£30.5m

Barry in - £6m in wages

Lukaku in - £5m in wages

McCarthy in - £13m

£24m

Not meaning to be picky, but 6+5+13 is 26m, not 24m.

i heard barry signed a two year contract but obviously thats not true and doubt we are paying 125k a week for him maybe 70k from Felli. SSN said loan fee for Lukaku was 3 million, who knows we may have an option to buy him fingers crossed. We documented Net Net we are stronger 7 in 5 out and 7 in are of better quality IMO, granted 2 on loan but if Barry does well he could potentially sign next season. So we have a positive balance on transfer front, lets use that and tie Baines down to a new long term contract, he is our best player and should be paid accordingly. Finally lets not forget that we have increased revenue from Sky deal too, wages i dont think the 3 mill quoted here is true but even if so that and the standard "Operational Cost" increases there should have been money to spend from that too (in theory!).

Hope RM gets backing in Jan but a few months off now so focus on getting Barry up to speed and continue our new style intergration.

Really like the look of the team quoted in another thread, with strength in all areas on the bench with players than can come on and make a difference and not just make up numbers.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Barry/Gibson McCarthy

Pienaar/Jerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Mixed feelings here.

It was inevitable Marouane Fellaini was going to leave, as we got twice as much for him as we paid for him. No idea if anything goes to Standard Liege.

Leighton Baines is staying, but will he sign a new contract? Or walk out for free?

I like the signing of Lukaku, he was good at the Baggies last year.

I did see him playing for the Belgian national team the other week. Benteke was more impressive up front, maybe a bad day?

Not too keen on paying another lot of money for a Wigan player. Can only hope he'll come good.

Would much rather have preferred Fernando.

I've never liked Barry much, but City are (allegedly) paying most of his astronomical wages, and maybe he can do a good job, with Gibson being injury prone.

Edited by fast lane

Leighton Baines is staying, but will he sign a new contract? Or walk out for free?

Current deal's not finishing 'til summer '15 so we don't need to worry about that just yet, if he's not signed a new one by this time next year then maybe. Hopefully he'll sign one in the very near future.

Current deal's not finishing 'til summer '15 so we don't need to worry about that just yet, if he's not signed a new one by this time next year then maybe. Hopefully he'll sign one in the very near future.

At 2015 he will be nudging 32, he would be daft not to sign one that gives him an extra 2 years if it is offered.