IGNORED

What are we missing to become top four team?

davies

I think we lack that depth in midfield. I wouldnt swap McCarthy or Barry for anyone else in the league in that role (well bar the obvious) but as we saw on Saturday, when one of them isnt fit or not eligible, we look weak. I thought Gibson would flourish but other than the first two games in preseason, he has looked below form (albeit not many opportunities), Osman isnt good enough in that role and while I expect Barkley could play there, I prefer him to be off the striker.

We will need to look at bringing in another big name striker once Lukaku goes, but Kone is a good player to have in the squad. I dont think Jela will fit into the way we want to play.

I think we have enough options at the back for the rest of this season, although I too would like to see a long term replacement for Distin brought into the club. He has been excellent this season though and replacing him could be hard.

The biggest worry I have at the moment is Coleman. Defensively he has been poor and offensively he has been wasteful. I really like the guy and on his day he is as good as anyone else in the league but he needs to up his game again.

A permanent striker of Lukaku's quality

A creative midfielder to replace Gibson (too many injuries)

Pacy centre back for when Distin hangs his boots up

Winger to replace Peanuts

Backup for Baines

In other words...lots!

There is £60-70m there to make us annual real contenders for top 4

A team with a bit of stamina, that can play consistently for most of the 90 minutes would be a good start

bit harsh. Granted we a not firing on all cylinders but I'm well happy after a new manager coming in. I think we will be competing in the top six/four this season and if we buy/ sell well in January we can look at it as a good first season. Add will Hughes,ince to the squad in the next season and we have the potential of a vibrant,young midfield with Barry or gibson to anchor them. We need long term replacement for dystin ( just imagine if moyes would have signed djier? Him and stones at the back uuush) and a couple of strikers as jela is awful

Guest blueboy122

bit harsh. Granted we a not firing on all cylinders but I'm well happy after a new manager coming in. I think we will be competing in the top six/four this season and if we buy/ sell well in January we can look at it as a good first season. Add will Hughes,ince to the squad in the next season and we have the potential of a vibrant,young midfield with Barry or gibson to anchor them. We need long term replacement for dystin ( just imagine if moyes would have signed djier? Him and stones at the back uuush) and a couple of strikers as jela is awful

Still want us to sign Ince?

He's a waste of space this season.

Guest blueboy122

aah yeah, good call. Shame we didn't sign him permanently :(

Why didn't we? I thought we had him on a free or on trial (free agent) and then let him go again

• 3 weeks later...