IGNORED

the club has gone stale

efc2012

just writing here to say how our great club has gone stale.

• firstly id like to talk about the atmosphere round goodison or lack of its like a library our new song is we only sing when were winning.
  • secondly the new badge what a disgrace we had a great neon sign outside the ground which has been replaced with a cartoon cardboad cut out they have even took the scoreboard down from the park end .
  • thirdly i want to to talk about the way we treat away suporters with so much distane we sick them away in the corner whod wana pay 40 quid and get whiplash for the privalage havin to look round a post every 2 seconds.
  • lastly what team phones up sky sports news at 10.55 on deadline day just to let the everton fans know that the macarthey deal was nothing to do with Fellaini being sold what a joke say no more

I may draw attention to people's grammar, spelling and punctuation, but where to start on this ?

It's almost 4 AM in the morning in my defense, and after a few sherbets, but let's have another look.

#1 Goodison Park can appear quiet sometimes or not enough vociferous activity ? - Fair enough.

#2 A new song - I was unaware of any new song ?

#3 The new badge is not good enough - fair enough, there is room for improvement.

#4 Treating away supporters with 'disdain' - I don't get to Goodison Park enough to comment. (seems a bit harsh)

#5 Something about deadline day - I couldn't quite comprehend what was being said ?

Think we'll get back to this later today to try and understand a little more. Sorry !

Edited by Dalziel Kane

Ffs people. You know nothing about this person. Could be dyslexic for all you know. Could have been building up enough courage for days, weeks, months or even years to be able to post on here. A forum for the team he clearly loves. Clearly goes to games on a regular basis.

This board is full of idiots at times. You can all read what he/she is saying, discuss the topic instead of slating the writing.

1 - The atmousphere at Goodison is piss poor, agree with you on that.

2 - The new badge is shite, but to put up another neon sign for 12 months would be financially stupid - I don't have a problem with it.

3 - Away supporters are treated the same at Goodison as they are everywhere else. Couldn't care less if they have restricted views - we're the home team.

4 - Everton had one of the best transfer windows this summer so again I don't see a problem.

Welcome to the forum anyway, hopefully you'll stick around here.

I didn't like the badge when I first seen it but it isn't as bad as I first thought. Not great not going to lie but it will for a season. Atmosphere at Goodison has been a little poor but also we haven't really given the team something to cheer about. I think the business we did in the transfer market was great. Lose Fellaini get two good players who will both make a difference to the team in different ways. Anichebe, was a little gutted that he left but we have got Lukaku for a season which is again good business. Overall quite happy.

I don't think we do treat the away fans badly, it is the same in every ground and why should they get a good view and deny Everton fans...... I think we treat away fans quite well, a lot of people are impressed with the way Everton fans are like...

"Gone stale" is the last phrase I'd use to describe us just now. The badge is an irrelevance; I personally think the initial reaction was OTT but it's being sorted anyway, so I've no idea why the hell people feel the need to keep wittering on about it. Get over it.

Away supporters are being treated the same as they have for years, good or bad, so I don't see how that comes into going "stale."

Likewise what has a phone call got to do with it?

Most exciting times on the pitch for years.

For what it's worth I think we are in a bit of no-mans-land, in between the Moyes-Martinez era's. Once the side gets the stamp of the new boss I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty momentum built up, the transfer window I'd say was a resounding success in terms of potential so it's down to Martinez to realise that on the park, being new to the forum I'm just really getting a feel for what the general consensus is on the club/team but I signed up on here because I genuinely think we are destined for really good things

Ffs people. You know nothing about this person. Could be dyslexic for all you know. Could have been building up enough courage for days, weeks, months or even years to be able to post on here. A forum for the team he clearly loves. Clearly goes to games on a regular basis.

This board is full of idiots at times. You can all read what he/she is saying, discuss the topic instead of slating the writing.

If you thought I was slating the writing, then it's obvious you didn't have the same reaction to the OP that I did. I meant to convey a feeling of disbelief at the content of the post. That, and the club is anything but stale right now. It's looking a completely different club, in my opinion.

Stale = 4-5-1 with flat midfield and felli behind striker, naismith right midfield with Neville and Heitinga in midfield, scoring 1 goal and sitting back to try and defend it with long balls searching for fellaini knock downs to a stifled and shot Jelavic.

Badge = said my piece, its rubbish, club will not do that again, new design that meets approval will be in place next year.

Times are changing, we have a man in charge who makes me feel like he has sat bored in the Gladwys street for the past 5 years with his chin resting on his cold hands wondering why he didn't stay in the Thomas Frost and have a skin full. Its like we now have a team with a direction and purpose. Some good early transfer business and a great last minute window - a far cry from the dithering Davie days.

We have a potential world class talent developing in front of us with envious glances being cast from the likes of Liverpool and Man United. Stale? nahhh.

If you thought I was slating the writing, then it's obvious you didn't have the same reaction to the OP that I did. I meant to convey a feeling of disbelief at the content of the post. That, and the club is anything but stale right now. It's looking a completely different club, in my opinion.

My response was not aimed at anyone in particular. Got the feeling that most commented on the grammar and not the content.

I agree that the content was misplaced though. I'm more optimistic about this season than I have been for a long time. Cant really comment on the atmosphere as it has been a long time since I was at GP.

I think we have just been brought out of the stale era!

We have been plodding along for a few years now and getting nowhere very slowly.

Now we have a new manager, new look team, New exciting players and we are trying to establish the type of passing game that Barca thrive on.

If anything these times are exciting friend.... dont let the opening three games fool you, in fact dont let the opening three months fool you.

Give RM a bit of time to settle in and get his players playing how he wants them to. It's new for the players too remember. Once our beoved players are comfortable with holding on to the ball then the chances will come and the goals will flow.

We have to have a transition period friend and unfortunately that period is right now.

And whatever goes wrong with our team in the coming months...we still have ROSS BARKLEY!

1. Atmosphere - whilst I dont get to go to many home games anymore, its always the thing that sticks out the most for me. Theres the initial couple of minutes at kickoff then maybe a few random chants but the only real noise is when we score or if something is going against us. Very disappointing for the most part, but when there is noise, its incredible.

2. Badge - hate it. Though it did give me the impetus to design my own which was fun, and at least the Club reacted well. I just hope that they've learned a leasson.

3. For as long as I can remember, the away fans have had that corner. I understand from a welcoming point of view we could find a better place, but that has 2 downsides:

a ) Everton fans would have to be displaced

b ) who wants the away fans being that comfortable anyway, that will only help the opposition team!

4. The phone call you refer to (assuming it did take place) was reiterating the same news that had been communicated throughout the day on SSN. Its a sign of the Club communicating with its fans, which is not something we are used to and have been demanding for a long time. Step in the right direction in my opinion

Edited by Matt

I don't think Everton have gone stale in any way shape or form.

1. Goodison is like any other ground in that the fans respond to how the blues are playing, Many times the Atmosphere when

the ground is rocking is absolutely incredible a shiver up the spine feeling. But ditto most grounds, it depends on the team.

The only 2 grounds I can think of where they sing constantly are Cardiff and Stoke (as a rule, they also have quiet spells)

Also I,d like to point out what Jose Mourinho said. In his opinion the most intimidating stadium in England..GOODISON PARK.

2. The Crest, totally agree, an ill thought abomination, I did not buy any tops this season because of it. Truly shocking.

3.The away fans. There is simply no where else to put them, unless we ever get a new ground then thats where they,ll stay.

I love the fact that there are Everton fans behind both goals, better for our team and their morale.

And if you want to see away fans treated really badly try paying £69 at the Emirates.

4.The phone call. The club received a quick sharp nasty shock with the crest debacle, I believe a lesson was learned

so anything that improves the communication is fine by me.

5. In conclusion Everton do the best with what they,ve got, and other than some multi million investment coming in

we just have to get on with it. This club has soul, spirit and a feeling that is lost at your Chelsea,s and Man City,s.

All in all im content and very proud of Everton Football Club.

"Gone stale" is the last phrase I'd use to describe us just now. The badge is an irrelevance; I personally think the initial reaction was OTT but it's being sorted anyway, so I've no idea why the hell people feel the need to keep wittering on about it. Get over it.

Away supporters are being treated the same as they have for years, good or bad, so I don't see how that comes into going "stale."

Likewise what has a phone call got to do with it?

Most exciting times on the pitch for years.

And that's why I posted the "I don't know" emoticon. I was just shocked. Some people are impossible to please.

It's not Everton who've gone stale it's the fans. There is so much fear of failure amongst fans of Premier League teams a lot of fans are almost "well I went to the game but I'm not really bothered because money is spoiling it...." on the outside when they're screaming on the inside that their team can't compete. That's why the crowd go bonkers when something good (or contentious) happens having spent the rest of the time holding their breath and expecting the worst to have to try and explain why they support that team even though they're not really bothered (dying inside). A lot of European teams' fans don't shut up from start to finish and we (English PL supporters) console ourselves with "listen to those nobheads" when we wish we were exactly like them in the support of our team.

The crest. Not overly bothered. It's a crest but I am fed up with Rupert's Stump being on there.

Treatment of away fans. Go to that plastic dump across the park and sit in one of the 'severely restricted views' they charge away fans £50 for, or to Chelsea where they'll charge you £60 for the same view, or to Newcastle where as an away fan you can watch your favourite players magically transformed into subutteo size, or to Villa or West Brom where the stewards think they're part of some sort of SWAT team. The list goes on......

As for the rest of it..... I haven't got a frigging clue what you mean.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

The crest. Not overly bothered. It's a crest but I am fed up with Rupert's Stump being on there.

It's about time to switch the crest from Prince Rupert's Tower to another integral fixture from Everton tradition:

CANDY.jpg

That will be sure to strike fear into the opponent! ;)

• firstly id like to talk about the atmosphere round goodison or lack of its like a library our new song is we only sing when were winning.
  • secondly the new badge what a disgrace we had a great neon sign outside the ground which has been replaced with a cartoon cardboad cut out they have even took the scoreboard down from the park end .
  • thirdly i want to to talk about the way we treat away suporters with so much distane we sick them away in the corner whod wana pay 40 quid and get whiplash for the privalage havin to look round a post every 2 seconds.
  • lastly what team phones up sky sports news at 10.55 on deadline day just to let the everton fans know that the macarthey deal was nothing to do with Fellaini being sold what a joke say no more

Let's review this again. This time free of intoxicants, at a more decent hour, and with a clear head. (Surprising that the author never returned to add defense to what he was saying or participate in subsequent responses)

#1 Goodison can appear quiet sometimes or maybe not boisterous enough - our supporters aren't vociferous enough or add to a partizan atmosphere, right ?. That can be applied to most, if not all, venues up and down the country ? You show me a soccer venue where the crowd frequently makes a noise or is regularly boisterous to opposition sides.

#2 Yes, it's a general consesus that the new badge is a poor design. They're working on an improvement, apparently. Wasn't aware of the removal of the scoreboard

#3 I think someone may of hit on something when we shouldn't make opposition sides have a life of luxury inside Goodison Park. We don't need an attitude of "come in, put your feet up, and the servants will be on their way with coffee and pasties". Other than that, a number of other clubs have inadequate arrangements for away supporters. We may hardly be unique for it.

#4 I still was unable to comprehend what was being said, some twenty hours after initial reading.

All said, I think if you had returned at some stage today and backed up what your were trying to put across, it would have been beneficial to a great many individuals.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John Burns

I agree there mate. I was talking to a few Chelsea fans who went to the game. They honestly said GP is one of the most atmosphere-less grounds in the Prem. They go to every game. Roll on the new stadium !!!

Edited by John Burns

Good to see you back Mr Burns. The pages weren't the same without you.

Not related to Goodison Park as a venue, but apparently our fans were very quiet for the most part at Upton Park at the weekend and only came to life when Baines scored, and as the game reached it's climax.

Only to reiterate the initial point of debate, it's not only our supporters, even at home, that can be less than vociferous or show decent levels of support or encouragement, but it's basically a factor for most venues up and down the country today, or maybe for as long as some will remember. I don't think the club has 'gone stale' as a direct result of it, as the author tried to suggest.

Guest John Burns

Good to see you back Mr Burns. The pages weren't the same without you.

Not related to Goodison Park as a venue, but apparently our fans were very quiet for the most part at Upton Park at the weekend and only came to life when Baines scored, and as the game reached it's climax.

Only to reiterate the initial point of debate, it's not only our supporters, even at home, that can be less than vociferous or show decent levels of support or encouragement, but it's basically a factor for most venues up and down the country today, or maybe for as long as some will remember. I don't think the club has 'gone stale' as a direct result of it, as the author tried to suggest.

Mr Kane, the pages will never be the same without me. That is life.

efc2012's points were valid. The atmosphere can be addressed by a new stadium designed for acoustics. nothing wrong with the badge. We could have one like Liverpool for God's sake !!!! We need a small Liver Bird on the other breast of the shirt to balance it out. EFC were using the Liver Bird in the early days. EFC are the older team in the city. The Liver Bird is the emblem of the city not Liverpool AFC (Liverpool FC are the Rugby club) Liverpool Ramblers are older than Liverpool AFC.

The rest of his points are valid.

Edited by John Burns