IGNORED

Film Characters - That you just love!

Lowensda

Yeah, it's a mushy/funny thread, which should probably go into the movie/film thread but I wanted to keep this separate.

I've noticed a couple of people mention that they really like this character and that character, so I've made a thread for it.

Do you have a selection of film characters you like, for whatever reasons? They can be from sh*te films, but its the admiration or 'hatred' (but love them) for the character that's important.

I'm going to list my five favourite films characters, some from gash films but I love them anyway and it's NOT in order. I'll list the character's name - Film - Actor

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Kruger - Elysium - Sharlto Copley

Elysium-trailer-12.jpg

He is freaking crazy. One of the most intense and disturbing performances that i've seen, since Heath Ledger's Joker. This guy would sh*t me up. But he's brilliant!! He made me root for him, in a bad bad way...he's naughty but look at that beard!

I want to grow a beard.

2. Tyler Durden - Fight Club - Brad Pitt

1.jpg

He was a complete dick. He knew it. He was good looking. He knew it. He was smart. He knew it. He wasn't even real...yet, he knew it. Arguably one of the coolest and potentially, complex 'dual' character ever to shown on screen. He didn't care. He was a child who did what he wanted, when he wanted...

I wish I could have that attitude one day aha.

3. Dr. King Shultz - Django Unchained - Christoph Waltz

django-waltz_40263928.jpg

Arguably my favourite movie character of all time; cool, caring, charasmatic, ruthless!!

"You silver tongued devil, you"...what a gent.

not going to go into major descriptions like you cos i'm too lazy :lol: but will list a few

The Joker - Obvious but yeah...awesome

evyr.jpg

Ace Ventura - Carey's best character i think..so many funny bits

ivkh.jpg

Patrick Batemen - American Psycho was a great film and Bale was fantastic as this character..really loved it

b5sk.jpg

Hannibal Lecter - Creepy yet likeable!

7yb7.jpg

Alex Delarge - Great character..I do love a creepy bastard :lol:

qpm6.jpg

just off the top of my head really..will have missed some no doubt

nice idea by the way ten :)

Edited by marcopaulo

The Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Delightfully evil. Alan Rickman hams it up wonderfully.

Antonio Banderas in Desperado.

The Joker - Obvious but yeah...awesome

Ace Ventura - Carey's best character i think..so many funny bits

Hannibal Lecter - Creepy yet likeable!

Stifler - American Pie

Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) - Caddyshack

Completely agree with these! You can forget loads!

Marco - Ventura is an absolute classic. True one off. Love him.

Edited by tenaciousj

I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes and thought no one could top Jeremy Brett in that role. Well, I've been proved wrong: Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock is simply superb, and I can't wait for the next series to begin.

I was also a big fan of John Thaw as Inspector Morse and dream of owning a "Morse car".

Not movie characters, per se, but I actually watch very little TV and rarely see movies.