IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

Overall thoughts then? Pleased with the couple of strikers, hope at least one of them is decent! Still unsure at RB, he seems to be stockpiling young CB and LBs yet Coleman remains the only true right back we have. Guess he must be putting some faith in Browning long term.

Wow really? Does that include wages or just fees?

Just fees.

Overall thoughts then? Pleased with the couple of strikers, hope at least one of them is decent! Still unsure at RB, he seems to be stockpiling young CB and LBs yet Coleman remains the only true right back we have. Guess he must be putting some faith in Browning long term.

Browning isn't a RB though, he's playing there to learn like Galloway. He's another one I don't see here long-term anyway. I think he'd be an excellent squad player to have, but I don't ever see him being a starting mainstay.

Just fees.

Browning isn't a RB though, he's playing there to learn like Galloway. He's another one I don't see here long-term anyway. I think he'd be an excellent squad player to have, but I don't ever see him being a starting mainstay.

Browning is a much better CB. Started his career as a RB but for a few seasons while U21 captain, he was a CB and easily one of the better players consistently.

Overall. Very 'meh' but I don't think it was a particularly strong window for many clubs.

Faulds - Doubt we'll see for the best part of 2/3 years (if ever).

Tarashaj - After his win of young player of the year, i'm a little more excited. He looks to have a natural technical ability, can improve on his current weaknesses.

Niasse - Very vanilla. Yes he won Russia player of the year but a lot of reports seem to highlight his clumsiness or his attitude over ability. Kone MK2? He could be Bony or Cisse. Lets hope he's not the latter.

£13.5m in terms of money for a striker buys you a gamble - a very "promising" gamble.

I will use Bony as an example... Swansea paid £12m for a proven scorer in a lesser league - they cashed in for £28m when he proved him premier league quality.

If the lad fails, we would still likely get £7m+ for him. Thats the striker market at that level.

I think £10m for a stiker that has effort over quality is actually a decent deal. By all accounts he is an absolute pest - he presses and fights for the ball, real workrate, the fact that he can score is a big bonus. Rom will be energised by him.

I see good things from this signing.

Paul Merson graded our January dealings a "C". Said we've brought in unknowns.

seems these professionals don't even watch us. i read one analysis of Everton on an American site NBCsports and they gave us a C as well because we didn't improve on our terrible defenders. WTF? We may have a bad defense but the individuals are very very talented. I'm not sure how these people have jobs.

I agree Mark in terms of ability we've got some of the better defenders this league has to offer its all about getting the balance and cohesion right which Martinez has failed to do so far

Bar his men in black analogy I've never heard much sense from Merson he comes across as a typical social club pisspot pundit

Hopefully by bringing in Naisse we will change our dynamic slightly by having three good (hopefully) front three players in Gerri Rom and possibly Naisse so the others can sit back more

Edited by EFC-Paul

I grade Merson a D- so his opinion means little to me.

They may be unknown to him but plainly to our scouting team they're not.

youre generous!

Not sure about stronger to be honest. We lost a decent, hard working and much loved player in Naismith for an unknown striker and a kid. Naisys influence is going to missed in the dressing room and FF, worried about how much.

£13.5m in terms of money for a striker buys you a gamble - a very "promising" gamble.

I will use Bony as an example... Swansea paid £12m for a proven scorer in a lesser league - they cashed in for £28m when he proved him premier league quality.

If the lad fails, we would still likely get £7m+ for him. Thats the striker market at that level.

I think £10m for a stiker that has effort over quality is actually a decent deal. By all accounts he is an absolute pest - he presses and fights for the ball, real workrate, the fact that he can score is a big bonus. Rom will be energised by him.

I see good things from this signing.

If what you say about his work rate etc comes to pass he will be just what we need.

Even though I know nothing about this kid, I'm quite excited by the signing.

An unknown kid and lost a player. Still don't think that counts as strengthening anything, except the wage bill!

Not unknown - plenty of clubs were sniffing around him.

We have lost 2 players that were not fetauring in McGeady and Naismith (£70k a week wages plus £8.5m)

We have bought in a striker who will push/support Lukaku who was the russian player of the year.

I'm more than happy with this Jan window.

We have lost 2 players that were not fetauring in McGeady and Naismith (£70k a week wages plus £8.5m)

We have bought in a striker who will push/support Lukaku who was the russian player of the year.

Grand, but what's he proven so far? I can't find a Swiss person anywhere who knows anything about him, and besides, he's not playing with us until next year at the earliest

Niasse replaces Naismith, albeit with potentially better quality, but still not proven in the EPL. I don't think we've weakened the squad but I think strengthened is very generous.

Grand, but what's he proven so far? I can't find a Swiss person anywhere who knows anything about him, and besides, he's not playing with us until next year at the earliest

Niasse replaces Naismith, albeit with potentially better quality, but still not proven in the EPL. I don't think we've weakened the squad but I think strengthened is very generous.

If you get rid of ageing two ageing players who aren't playing and replace them with two new players at a net cost of £8m - who have been scouted/selected by the same people who got us Funes Mori, Galloway, Besic, Stones, - then to me that is a win.

Proven players especially strikers with great athletic attributes do not move to premier league teams for £13.5m aged 25 - they move to clubs who can pay £150k a week and spend £25m+ on the fee.

If these signings prove they were worth their outlay then we will have strengthened our team.

The biggest factor of this window is signing a forward with a very high work rate. Without getting into the Lukaku debate in its entirity, it has been well established that he needs to be "up for it" to see the best out of him. Competition will see him "up for it" - if signing Niasse either lights a fire under his backside in terms of compeition, supplies him with goal opportunities due to his workrate, or offers cover to rest him then it is a very astute signing.

Naismith never had the athleticism to compete with Rom, his one on one finishing was on a par - never had the powerful finishing though, his work rate was better, his intelligence was unmatched in the team - quite simply athelticism is a massive factor in the game nowadays.

I think its been a successful window.

McGeady out and 8.5mil for Naismith.

2 Great prospects in for the Future and 1 Striker in for the First Team.

Im not a fan of Kone like most others but what he does bring is the best out of Lukaku, so if Niasse is just a better quality version of Kone then it could work out very well for us for a few reasons. I don't know much of him but reports say he works hard, has pace and an eye for goal!, all very positive attributes.

I think its been a successful window.

McGeady out and 8.5mil for Naismith.

2 Great prospects in for the Future and 1 Striker in for the First Team.

Im not a fan of Kone like most others but what he does bring is the best out of Lukaku, so if Niasse is just a better quality version of Kone then it could work out very well for us for a few reasons. I don't know much of him but reports say he works hard, has pace and an eye for goal!, all very positive attributes.

Kone is a walking time bomb, he is probably one injury away from retirement.

What he said

Plus if the only thing we did was ship out McGeady theme I would still say that makes us a better squad!

What he said

Plus if the only thing we did was ship out McGeady theme I would still say that makes us a better squad!

McGeady has been a massive disappointment. Ability is undoubted IMO - never got properly fit, even though he could still shift. Lacked the stomach to play for us in the big league.