IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

Its just nice that we have some money to spend. Anyone noticed theres no massive arguments about how skint we are?

Lets all just take a minute to reflect on that, and then send a big TT thank you to Rupert Murdoch!

Richard Scudamore - the man responsible for us not being in debt anymore. Without that TV money we would be in tatters...

I know Robert Elstone has tried to do his bit, flying over to Thailand to do "penny for the guy" and get a couple of quid of whilst topping up his tan. But yep, the boys in suits who wouldn't know how to sell sweets to 10 year old kids have been bailed out.

Its just nice that we have some money to spend. Anyone noticed theres no massive arguments about how skint we are?

Lets all just take a minute to reflect on that, and then send a big TT thank you to Rupert Murdoch!

who said we aren't skint? the financials this year proved we are still operating in sell to buy mode for transfers. We had a net gain the year we sold fellaini and anichebe. this year we had the lukaku buy hit the books and instantly we hit the red again.

we don't own our training ground.

our stadium is over 100 years old and currently there is no plan to renovate or build a new one (the rumors have amounted to nothing).

we are still in debt as a club.

still skint.

Edited by markjazzbassist

who said we aren't skint? the financials this year proved we are still operating in sell to buy mode for transfers. We had a net gain the year we sold fellaini and anichebe. this year we had the lukaku buy hit the books and instantly we hit the red again.

we don't own our training ground.

our stadium is over 100 years old and currently there is no plan to renovate or build a new one (the rumors have amounted to nothing).

we are still in debt as a club.

still skint.

We rent our training ground yes.

We have mortgages on the ground and on future ticket sales, but some of these have been paid of recently.

We have manageable debts at the moment, like most premier league clubs.

In the summer we will receive the most ridiculous amount of TV money in history, we could probably be back to zero on all accounts with that money and still have enough left over to get a new sun bed for Elstone.

No team still in the Premier League next season is skint. If they are it is serious mismanagement.

We rent our training ground yes.

We have mortgages on the ground and on future ticket sales, but some of these have been paid of recently.

We have manageable debts at the moment, like most premier league clubs.

In the summer we will receive the most ridiculous amount of TV money in history, we could probably be back to zero on all accounts with that money and still have enough left over to get a new sun bed for Elstone.

No team still in the Premier League next season is skint. If they are it is serious mismanagement.

steve we have been getting the big TV money for a couple years now and financials are the same. operating costs players salaries etc all just went up. debt was paid down a little but nothing drastic. i'm cautiously optimistic, holding my breath to see if elstone and BK actually have us go debt free.

steve we have been getting the big TV money for a couple years now and financials are the same. operating costs players salaries etc all just went up. debt was paid down a little but nothing drastic. i'm cautiously optimistic, holding my breath to see if elstone and BK actually have us go debt free.

debt was halved whilst breaking our wage structure. That's a dramatic change to the finances.

We are far from skint, we're just not as rich as some others.

Most clubs have debts. It's part of the structure. It's only a problem if you don't bring in enough to service the debt payments.

The TV money changes nothing. Player fees will increase, player salaries will increase, agent fees will increase.

It's what each club does to develop its youth and off field commercial activities that will make a real difference.

we got 85m matt. by your math we spent half that. not sure expenses went up by 30m

not having a go at you matt just saying anyone who says "this tv money will solve our problems" is misguided. as newty said above everything increases and it's the board who should be getting better things done to get us out of debt.

it would have been great to use the first TV money to eliminate debt and use this new windfall to finance the new stadium or goodison renovations, sadly neither will happen soon.

we got 85m matt. by your math we spent half that. not sure expenses went up by 30m

not having a go at you matt just saying anyone who says "this tv money will solve our problems" is misguided. as newty said above everything increases and it's the board who should be getting better things done to get us out of debt.

it would have been great to use the first TV money to eliminate debt and use this new windfall to finance the new stadium or goodison renovations, sadly neither will happen soon.

if I remember correctly, we got an additional 25-7m to our usual income coming to around 85m, but I've not got the computer so can't go through the records. We certainly didn't get 85m extra in 1 year!

if I remember correctly, we got an additional 25-7m to our usual income coming to around 85m, but I've not got the computer so can't go through the records. We certainly didn't get 85m extra in 1 year!

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/05/14/where-the-money-went-liverpool-top-premier-league-prize-cash-in-2013-14-140501/

sorry i thought you meant total not increase. that article is 2014 which is what i think this years financials were for right? 33.2 increase.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/

looks to be 77m there so we took a hit apparently for dropping 6 places.

regardless the point i'm making is we rely way too much on the TV money as is and getting excited for this next windfall is a little short sighted. we need a better board and CEO to run the company more efficiently and with better commerical revenue. Creed came out and haven't seen a pip in america over here about Everton, Howard WC hero, etc. All queit on the marketing front in america where we just paid a billion dollars for the premier league TV rights. alas.

Just to clarify, its only this year the mega money kicks in isn't it? and we normally borrow a year in advance against that money, and my understanding is that we haven't borrowed at the amount the new deal will bring in. So come the summer when that money drops we should be in a very healthy position, or we may borrow against it this month and spend on a player or two of high value.

This will be the wealthiest we've been since the 80's though.

Just to clarify, its only this year the mega money kicks in isn't it? and we normally borrow a year in advance against that money, and my understanding is that we haven't borrowed at the amount the new deal will bring in. So come the summer when that money drops we should be in a very healthy position, or we may borrow against it this month and spend on a player or two of high value.

That's how a had it figured also Steve, hopefully right as you say it puts us in a very healthy position

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-tv-rights-money-distribution/

not sure if this is accurate but steve looks like that money is every year now.

EDIT: from the former tables i posted in posts above if we got 5th last time around we got 85m, now 5th is worth 134m. we need to start taking the league more seriously!

Late last night (your early morn) I posted a link from a Guardian story about Byram signing with West Ham. It seems to have disappeared, maybe because still just a rumor? Or because if he doesn't sign with us, it's both irritating and irrelevant? Anyhow, both Leeds and West Ham are confirming it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10136471/it-was-now-or-never-to-sign-sam-byram-says-west-ham-chairman-david-sullivan

Maybe Roberto will swoop in to swoop their swoop.

he's gone elston signed for them already. not a big deal really, up and coming RB of which there are loads. he's english so that excited some around here but not a big deal all in all.

In: Foulds, Tarashaj

Out: None yet (naisy close)

I still think we need another striker and hope we'll use the Naisy money to get one. If Howard is off to MLS well need a keeper, if not go in the summer on that one. Happy with the 2 we brought in, attacking mid and defender, both things we could use.

Late last night (your early morn) I posted a link from a Guardian story about Byram signing with West Ham. It seems to have disappeared, maybe because still just a rumor? Or because if he doesn't sign with us, it's both irritating and irrelevant? Anyhow, both Leeds and West Ham are confirming it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10136471/it-was-now-or-never-to-sign-sam-byram-says-west-ham-chairman-david-sullivan

Maybe Roberto will swoop in to swoop their swoop.

It disappeared because there's a Byram thread where it's being discussed.

It disappeared because there's a Byram thread where it's being discussed.

I thought there was a separate thread and intended to post it there. For some reason Byram thread doesn't show on my TT page(s), so I did a search and still no luck. Sometime my iPad is cantankerous. Or it's right in front of my face. No clue. Forget it. And forget Byram, too.