IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

Carragher thinks we could get top 4 if we spend. http://readeverton.com/2015/11/24/carragher-believes-blues-can-break-top-four/

Personally think every team in the top half has a good chance, with City and Arsenal the only 2 I'd bet on.

I think we could be top four without spending anything if we play to our potential, and stay lucky with injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we need a striker Deffo. Lukaku can't play every game without picking up a knock. I would sell Naismith to a Norwich and with the money put an offer in for Dembele at Fulham he has the potential to go all the way Yarmelenko I would love he can play anywhere in the three behind lukaku. Kev looks like he's off and think they both have clauses to go. Mccgeady, peanuts to go on loan maybe or a cheap sale

I still have my fingers crossed for that swap of Yarmolenko for Mirallas plus cash. :)

i think that would be the summer window if that was the case. not sure why he would leave them mid-season after just signing a new contract and playing in CL for them (which they still have a chance to advance i believe or in Europa). But hey sure i'll take that deal too :)

Thats around 25-30m of talent:

Kev - 15m

Naisy - 5-8m

Gibbo - 3-5m

McGeady - 3-5m

Not to mention 150-200kPW / 8-10m a year off the wage bill

And all of them at, or approaching, 30. Only Kev is still in his prime really. If we could replace them all for younger models I'd go for it. There's only Kev I'd be hesitant about selling, but Martinez clearly doesn't want to use him so it's pointless hanging on to him.

Edited by Romey 1878

mcgeady and gibbo are likely to be £30k+ players so they may get a free....

I'd keep Kev and Naisy - if Kone gets injured, which I think he will or need rest then Rom is pretty much it and he needs supplementing as we have seen.

Gibbo is on 45-50k if I remember correctly because we signed him for buttons. I think McGeady is (only) on 25k. Still, they could offer a lot for a lower EPL / Championship team so I don't see them going for free, specifically McGeady who is contracted til 2018

And all of them at, or approaching, 30. Only Kev is still in his prime really. If we could replace them all for younger models I'd go for it. There's only Kev I'd be hesitant about selling, but Martinez clearly doesn't want to use him so it's pointless hanging on to him.

I'd also like mirallas to stay but if he's not going to figure we might as well cash in.

Add Hibbo Pienaar and Osman to the list as well and we should be saving a fair amount on the wage bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Not one of them overly excites me. Some 'steady eddies' in there and some untested but nothing more than what Joel can offer.

Should try and go for Perin again (I think he turned us down a couple of seasons back?), Leno at Leverkusen or the new French kid, Hassen.