IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

As soon as we manage to drag ourselves out of this relegation scrap our season will be over anyway so it may be a blessing in disguise. We will have nothing to play for so he may as well blood the kids and start preparing for next season ( which would be in stark contrast to the total lack of preparation we had for this season!)

To be fair that's a really good point.

As soon as we manage to drag ourselves out of this relegation scrap our season will be over anyway so it may be a blessing in disguise. We will have nothing to play for so he may as well blood the kids and start preparing for next season ( which would be in stark contrast to the total lack of preparation we had for this season!)

Yep, safety in the prem, do the best we can in Europe then (Martinez) needs to work fucking hard ready for next season, try a few things out, get a couple of kids up to speed.It's been a scary season, not over yet, but if we can play badly as we did yesterday and still win we might just survive.

Hard thing to admit, but next season is already in my thoughts.

It's always nice to sign a new player or two. But lets be honest, that squad should be more than good enough. Are we going to improve us for a few million??? We spent £30m plus in the summer. Does anyone think Bill has gone to Roberto with an open cheque book and RM has knocked him back?

We needed that creative player in the summer and he failed to address it, that's why we're still in need of that player now. So the squad wasn't good enough then, and it's not good enough now.

If he's going leave it again during this window then he better sort it out in the summer big time, because relying on Osman and Pienaar is just stupid.

We needed that creative player in the summer and he failed to address it, that's why we're still in need of that player now. So the squad wasn't good enough then, and it's not good enough now.

If he's going leave it again during this window then he better sort it out in the summer big time, because relying on Osman and Pienaar is just stupid.

How much will that creative player cost?

He went out in summer and splashed the cash on a striker who had had a year long 'job interview' with us and shown he was worth the money.

I doubt after that there was much left in the kitty. I can't see there being much in the kitty right now.

We could maybe strike a loan deal...but if we are able to get a creative player in January on loan, are they actually going to be of the quality we need?

The only real hope is that we pick someone up who's contract will run out in the summer.

Other than that, if we have the same sort of money in the summer as last summer then I can see it being used throughout the team rather than for just one position as happened last season.

The bigger worry for me is the amount of 30+ players we have and need to start replacing. That'll cost a fair few quid.

I always knew no one would come in.

We blew what we had in the summer.

Like sending my 7 year old in the shop with his osn fiver. He'll come out with nothing left if you let him.

Best analogy ever. Made me laugh, I used to do that all the time as a kid. Spent every last cent my folks gave me for an errand. They wised up quickly :)

weve got plenty of bargains in, who's to say the creative player wouldn't be a bargain too?

In January and they've had the desired impact?

Jelavic was a January I think and did well. I think he was a bargain of sorts. My memories a bit sketchy, any others?

If it happens, great. I do enjoy deadline e day!

In January and they've had the desired impact?

Jelavic was a January I think and did well. I think he was a bargain of sorts. My memories a bit sketchy, any others?

If it happens, great. I do enjoy deadline e day!

Listed a few elsewhere, can't remember all but Arteta and Stones came in during January for buttons and have had quite an impact on the squad

Neither had an immediate impact, however.

This. The tone of the conversation is a creative player for NOW. Not next year or whatever.

Unless there is someone out there who can drive us on right now, I'd prefer us to wait until summer when the budget is reset.

I'll welcome any signings now though.

BBC World Service Sport's John Bennett: "The Italian press are reporting that Samuel Eto'o was so upset that Sampdoria boss Sinisa Mihajlovic had organised a double training session that he stormed out of the training ground to drive to his home in Milan. Sampdoria officials are said to have chased after him, without success.
"Remember that Eto'o only signed for the Serie A side from Everton last week."

HA!! I'm sorry but he's taking the piss a bit. Makes you wonder what he was like here then. Bad egg.

BBC World Service Sport's John Bennett: "The Italian press are reporting that Samuel Eto'o was so upset that Sampdoria boss Sinisa Mihajlovic had organised a double training session that he stormed out of the training ground to drive to his home in Milan. Sampdoria officials are said to have chased after him, without success.

"Remember that Eto'o only signed for the Serie A side from Everton last week."

HA!! I'm sorry but he's taking the piss a bit. Makes you wonder what he was like here then. Bad egg.

Hmm it may appear that my source was correct.

So Everton have managed to keep this out the media... The british media as well. But your "source" know all about it. Ok, as Mike would say. It's all speculation

To be fair, it does seem as though Everton do quite well at keeping things out if the media.

I'm open minded on it all now that this seems to have happened.

Sky sources saying Eto'o may leave Sampdoria. That is bizarre!

Edited by Newty82

To be fair, it does seem as though Everton do quite well at keeping things out if the media.

I'm open minded on it all now that this seems to have happened.

Sky sources saying Eto'o may leave Sampdoria. That is bizarre!

You're open minded now. But yet when all the Distin rumours where flying round there was nothing to it. People trying to make something of nothing etc etc. where's the consistency?

You're open minded now. But yet when all the Distin rumours where flying round there was nothing to it. People trying to make something of nothing etc etc. where's the consistency?

I know what your trying to do. Not gonna work.

So I'll explain, and it's up to you whether you can be level headed enough to understand...

It's like this...Distin didn't move to another club and within days was officially reported, with comments from the club president and international reports, that he had fell out with the manager. And may leave and/or have his contract cancelled.

Huge difference isn't there?

You also need to note that I had the same stance with Eto'o while at this club as I had with Distin. That is consistency.

Edited by Newty82

I know what your trying to do. Not gonna work.

So I'll explain, and it's up to you whether you can be level headed enough to understand...

It's like this...Distin didn't move to another club and within days was officially reported, with comments from the club president and international reports, that he had fell out with the manager. And may leave and/or have his contract cancelled.

Huge difference isn't there?

Yeh there's a huge difference

What ever happened at Sampdoria happened there, that should have no bearing on his time here.

The whole Distin scenario had valid oddness to it. He has a shit game at Swansea. He them disappears from the first team. Not even on the bench. The club website has him down as injured (injury unknown). The manager then comes out and says he isn't injured and he's gave him a couple of weeks off. The website immediately takes him off the injured list. Yet this was all dismissed as speculation.

The only things that point to Eto'o being disruptive in the Everton camp is from some pissed fart in Hafs local. (Taps nose).

Yeh there's a huge difference

What ever happened at Sampdoria happened there, that should have no bearing on his time here.

The whole Distin scenario had valid oddness to it. He has a shit game at Swansea. He them disappears from the first team. Not even on the bench. The club website has him down as injured (injury unknown). The manager then comes out and says he isn't injured and he's gave him a couple of weeks off. The website immediately takes him off the injured list. Yet this was all dismissed as speculation.

The only things that point to Eto'o being disruptive in the Everton camp is from some pissed fart in Hafs local. (Taps nose).

And all I've said is that I'm open minded about it...that means it may be right, may be wrong.

It's a difference of opinions. I'm ok with that. You have yours, I have mine. Don't see why it has to be an issue to you?

Leave it there, because it's not going anywhere. Certainly not going where you intend it to go.

And all I've said is that I'm open minded about it...that means it may be right, may be wrong.

It's a difference of opinions. I'm ok with that. You have yours, I have mine. Don't see why it has to be an issue to you?

Leave it there, because it's not going anywhere. Certainly not going where you intend it to go.

Trolling is a status-enhancing activity: by attracting readers attention, upsetting people, sparking heated debates, and even gaining approval from others, trolls can feel important, perhaps much more than they are in their real lives. Thus trolling is yet another internet activity that promotes narcissistic motives, since trolls may be expected to be far less successful in attracting peoples attention in the physical world. The only effective antidote to their tactics is to ignore them, but even then trolls wont suffer a public humiliation because nobody knows who they are. This is what makes trolling so ubiquitous it requires no skills other than the ability to be obnoxious.