IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

All depends on injuries and I guess where we are in the league, hopefully the extra sky money will go on a monster bid for lukaku in the summer.Probably a pipe dream but the lad seems to know what he wants and it's obviously first team football. Chelsea would never sell to a spurs,arsenal united but might to us if Jose doesn't fancy him. A creative midfielder to stand in for barkley ( honda) and somebody like ince who can play either side and create.

Jelavic , Heitinga and Osman would be on my out list -

we need to strengthen our midfield - with a very quick dribbling right wing -to speed up counter attacks-

a defensive mid as back -up for Barry and Gibson -

a young striker to shadow Lukaku and Kone -

Naismith and Gibson can also go if we can get a good price - neither of them will make the step up to Europe - replace them with younger more promising players

Is that just in case Jags, Hietinga , Distin, Alcaraz ,Stones and Duffy all get injured at the same time?

I see both your points. While it seems crazy, Distin is 35, Heitinga will likely leave in January or in the summer, Alcaraz and Jags are both on the wrong side of 30, and unfortunately I just can't see Duffy making it here (although I'd love to be proved wrong). Bringing in a young-mid career centerback who is highly capable might not be such a bad idea. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Heitinga, Duffy, and maybe even Distin (less certain about him) aren't with the club next year. Our #1 need has been and still is signing a CAPABLE striker on a PERMANENT deal. I just can't see Lukaku ending up with us permanently, he could probably play at a few bigger clubs and I doubt we could afford a transfer fee. I wouldn't mind seeing Jelavic leave for 4-8m.

This is about the benifits of strengthening our squad again come january and sure enough most of the posts our mentioning who we should sell... The fact of the matter is we don't need to sell come january by the sounds of it, so why not wait till the summer to talk about who we should get rid of........ The negetive evertonian prevails once again.

This is about the benifits of strengthening our squad again come january and sure enough most of the posts our mentioning who we should sell... The fact of the matter is we don't need to sell come january by the sounds of it, so why not wait till the summer to talk about who we should get rid of........ The negetive evertonian prevails once again.

Tbh I think of it as we can benefit from selling dead wood, allowing us to free up more cash to spend either in January or the summer. Its not like anyone is saying Baines is going to be sold etc.

• 1 month later...

I think we are definatley losing Johnny in the summer, hopefully Bill can work his magic and we get a decent fee. I think Jelavic might be pushing for the exit too, he is going to want first team football leading up to the WC.

I can see us being quite busy in January.

wont Johnny be going on a free, or you mean in Jan?

Matt since the thread is called January, YES! Haha

I would like to see heitenga and jela go, with a centre back, forward, and midfielder or 2 coming in. It would be nice if we brought up a couple reserve players as well and get the young fellas some experience.

sorry, been up since 6am, been a looooong week

My only concern with letting Johnny go sooner is that hes our only backup. Alcaraz has yet to prove himself fit enough, let alone good enough, and we have Duffy out on loan (albeit only temporarily). I know Stones could do the job but if he had to step in, it would mean no backup at CB, and thats scary. Even if we brought someone in, who would be good enough to challenge the back 2 for little to no money?

Edited by Matt

If Johnny isn't playing then he needs to go just for the sake of saved wages. I like him a lot, but I really think we could get someone better and cheaper right now.

In January I'd like to see:

CM (Fernando?)

Winger (???)

CB (Martins Indi)

Save any money left over for a striker.

LIVERPOOL ECHO - Roberto Martinez will try to boost his striking options in January along with a midfield reinforcement, with Jordan Rhodes, Adam le Fondre and Javier Hernandez amongst those linked.

I know who I'd like from that list (a lot more than the other 2!)

i'll eat my bollocks if we get hernandez

Can I just point out here that TT would never recommend any member eating their own (or anybody elses) testicles.

The above post is purely the product of a deranged and depraved individual's imagination....just say no!

(And if you say yes make sure you use plenty of garlic!)

Hernandez and Zaha in return for Baines. It's a win-win-win-win-win scenario: Win for Martinez (life this season without Kone). Win for Moyes (he gets his man, Baines). Win for Hernandez (gets to play first-team football every week). Win for Baines (playing in the Champions League). Win for Zaha (gets to play in a first team).

Hernandez and Zaha in return for Baines. It's a win-win-win-win-win scenario: Win for Martinez (life this season without Kone). Win for Moyes (he gets his man, Baines). Win for Hernandez (gets to play first-team football every week). Win for Baines (playing in the Champions League). Win for Zaha (gets to play in a first team).

i wish. i think baines for hernandez swap is more likely. hopefully ole bill can be crafty and get us a couple mil cash out of it though.

would hernandez be a winger or us? or go 442? or 433?

it'd be great since we'd have chicharito long term (unlike lukaku), but i don't know about this.

Edited by markjazzbassist