IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

I think Roberto might spend £3-4 mill on a youn player like ince or the Dundee lads but now more than ever the foreign loan window will be huge. Loads of players that want to play football to make their respective world cup squads,we must be an attractive option and. Think Roberto will exploit that and keep the dough for the summer

• 2 weeks later...

with RM talking about giving Seamus a new contract in the offseason and talking recently about giving Ross another contract, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the money from fellaini, anichebe, and jelavic will be saved to compensate those players and others he wants to lock down for the long term (gareth barry as well). Barkley and Seamus are going to have to get huge contracts because they are at the top of the premier league (or dang near close to the top) in their position.

i still think we'll bring in another player or 2 and definitely some more over the summer as well.

with RM talking about giving Seamus a new contract in the offseason and talking recently about giving Ross another contract, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the money from fellaini, anichebe, and jelavic will be saved to compensate those players and others he wants to lock down for the long term (gareth barry as well). Barkley and Seamus are going to have to get huge contracts because they are at the top of the premier league (or dang near close to the top) in their position.

i still think we'll bring in another player or 2 and definitely some more over the summer as well.

Study after study in the business world has revealed that money comes quite a way down the totem pole in the list of reasons employees give for staying with a company. At the top of the list are things like being part of an exciting team, pursuing a vision you believe in, working in a challenging and stimulating environment, and working for a great boss. I'm sure these things matter in the footballing world, too.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Study after study in the business world has revealed that money comes quite a way down the totem pole in the list of reasons employees give for staying with a company. At the top of the list are things like being part of an exciting team, pursuing a vision you believe in, working in a challenging and stimulating environment, and working for a great boss. I'm sure these things matter in the footballing world, too.

I really don't know whether to wish I could be as naive as you when it comes to football in modern times. It'd certainly make it more enjoyable!

And like in the real world. If my boss told me I was to be given an alternative manager to take over from the latest twat I currently have, but to the detriment of a salaly deduction I would tell them to go fuck themselves....

I use a deduction as the only possible scenario as I will never see a pay rise from those twats

Edited by Brett Angel

I reckon mirallas will be a striker from now on with mccgeady and possibly ince filling his role. Batshuayai looks a player and would love him. Which means if lukaku goes we need another in the summer. Ings I rate

We've had this discussion before but I have to say that was most definitely true for me when I had a "proper" career; and I really hope it's true for some footballers, though I suspect it's a minority of them sadly. As Bailey says, a lot of that is to do with agents.

what do you guys think about a loan for xherdan shaqiri I heard hes lost his way a little but still champion league quality could do with someone like him

Shaqiri... I remember him pretty well. He's part of that generation of attacking midfielders that were constantly compared with each other.

Shaqiri - Götze - Hazard - M'Vila - Neymar - Eriksen - Ljajic- ... The sports media LOVED it, and so did the readers. Most of them did allright, but in the end only Hazard really lived up to the high expectations. Neymar as well in a way, but the expectations for him were even higher.

We've had this discussion before but I have to say that was most definitely true for me when I had a "proper" career; and I really hope it's true for some footballers, though I suspect it's a minority of them sadly. As Bailey says, a lot of that is to do with agents.

And sometimes peers. I don't know how much "solidarity" there is between players in Europe, but American agents always negotiate salaries based on comparables (this guy makes x million a year and my client scored 3 more goals than he did, therefore my client should get x plus a bit more), so there's a certain amount of peer pressure on athletes in North American leagues to get as much money as they can whenever their contracts come up, in order to raise the salary scale for everyone else in their sport.

We definately need another number ten when Ross is injured. Osman isn't good enough long term or to get us into the champs league. I can't think of anybody in the prem that stands out apart from mata ( I can dream)

I think the signing of jones would be a downer to he fans and might wreck our momentum. I think mirrallas has the natural greediness to play up front and would probably play well alongside lukaku if we changed formation. I think our style of play doesn't give lukaku loads of chances so maybe a pacy forward to give teams something to think about is the answer. Even with Kev playing upfront we still need another forward to go with a midfielder and possible centre back