IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

It has to be someone who can make a difference. Oviedo wasn't just a body after all.

I agree....so who you thinkin? Cos I aint got a clue!!! Or do we just leave it and trust the blokes at the club who do this stuff?!!! We just have to sit, wait and hope.

I think something is gonna happen, no doubt about it. The cogs are going. Just no idea who!

I agree....so who you thinkin? Cos I aint got a clue!!! Or do we just leave it and trust the blokes at the club who do this stuff?!!! We just have to sit, wait and hope.

I think something is gonna happen, no doubt about it. The cogs are going. Just no idea who!

Not got a clue in all honesty. Have a feeling it may be someone from Spain or something.

Guest blueboy122

Would take Holtby in a heartbeat. I don't even want us to sign Ince. He is being practically kicked out of Blackpool he has been so poor and has got a terrible attitude.

Steven Taylor at the Swans maybe? We (Wales national team) are trying him out on the left with Ben Davies at left back.

Neil Taylor - think he's been linked with Fulham.

I think we need 2 more in - cm cover and now lb cover. There's little value in the Jan market but let's remember we signed John Stones last Jan so there is value but maybe on 'lesser known' talents.

I wonder if bringing Garbutt back from his loan is an option.

I don't think it's depth we lack, it's quality: actual, game-changing talent. Like Liverpool do have with Suarez and Sturridge and Coutinho to a lesser extent perhaps. A centre forward and a winger at least. After this game I'd say an upgrade on Barry might be a good idea too, though that might be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction given his fine season so far.

I don't think it's depth we lack, it's quality: actual, game-changing talent. Like Liverpool do have with Suarez and Sturridge and Coutinho to a lesser extent perhaps. A centre forward and a winger at least. After this game I'd say an upgrade on Barry might be a good idea too, though that might be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction given his fine season so far.

Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu, Coleman & Baines. They are real talent. The rest can't change a game with magic. Edited by MiguelCotto

His performance tonight was Germany-esque. Sad to see after hes been so good for us.

I think Barry is getting too much stick for his performance. His passing was frustrating aswell as being woeful. But he was always available for the ball. If anything it was McCarthy who offered little tonight.

I think Barry is getting too much stick for his performance. His passing was frustrating aswell as being woeful. But he was always available for the ball. If anything it was McCarthy who offered little tonight.

I thought he had a nightmare tbh. But I agree about McCarthy. I'm baffled by those saying he had a decent game, I barely noticed him.

That's not actually what he said. He said that that's all that's currently happening.

That better change then.

More embraressing from my point of view is the amount of times we passed into trouble. Their second goal was an absolute joke. Two of our players passed to each other about 7/8 times before being dispossessed and in all te passes looked clueless as to how they use the ball. Unreal. So angry. Martinez must take some blame but the majority of it's with the players tonight. Not good enough.

Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu, Coleman & Baines. They are real talent. The rest can't change a game with magic.

Barkley and Deulofeu might eventually turn into the kind of game-changing players I'm talking about, but they aren't yet that at the moment.

-Ross has shown glimpses, like the Swansea free kick and the Norwich goal. But he's got 3 goals and 0 assists this season, Suarez has got 23 goals and 6 assists. We're gonna need someone to play like a superstar, like Suarez, or van Persie or Bale, to lead this team to where we want to be. I'm confident he's a piece we need to build around long term, but I'm starting to think he might be better with more space and more of the game in front of him. I could see him growing into something of a Schweinsteiger-role perhaps. He'd probably get us moving forward better and more incisively than Barry would.

-Deulofeu might well leave after this season.

-Coleman and Baines are very good, two of the very best players in the league at their position, but they're full backs. They aren't propelling us to a top four finish. Nonetheless, they're obviously pieces to the puzzle.

-Mirallas is a talented player, capable of starting for a top four club I think, but as a complement to the actual game-changing wide man.

Don't know what to expect in the coming days. Obviously I want reinforcements. But we probably can't afford the top-class players and teams don't like selling good players in the middle of the season to start with. Maybe it's just this one defeat that has gotten me incredibly down, but is 6-8 the ceiling for this squad? Maybe starting to build towards the future and getting a couple of talented youngsters in from the Championship or Scotland that might develop into star players in a year or two would be a better idea than buying 27-year-olds to help now anyways? Ryan Gauld would be great. Perhaps that De Girolamo lad from Sheffield and Lascelles or Souttar as a replacement for Heitinga?

With you Steve. Do a Dortmund.

Build a new squad, exciting young talent, take a hit on the table position and push in a couple of years. Build the team around Barkley and the exciting young talent.

Deulofeu is a perfect example but we won't be keeping him past the summer.

Barkley's good, very good but he's not great (yet). In time.

CL is for the clubs with the biggest wallets unfortunately. Accept top 8 and build.

With you Steve. Do a Dortmund.

Build a new squad, exciting young talent, take a hit on the table position and push in a couple of years. Build the team around Barkley and the exciting young talent.

Deulofeu is a perfect example but we won't be keeping him past the summer.

Barkley's good, very good but he's not great (yet). In time.

CL is for the clubs with the biggest wallets unfortunately. Accept top 8 and build.

I don't want it to be true though! :shaking fist:

I mirror your thoughts.

However, I'd still prefer Holtby. He's a good player, just doesn't fit Spurs' system. And a blue.

Injuries are piling up.

Think Holtby and Capoue are both decent shouts, Sherwood has pretty much said they should go. Strike is more worrying right now. Naismith is not a solution, he's a man for the last 15 when needing a goal, not a man to lead the line. No idea where we might find that right now though....

Wouldn't be surprised to see two or three unknowns in from abroad on loan. Chips are down now, we have to gamble if we're going to stay in the race.