IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

Guest blueboy122

Think Holtby and Capoue are both decent shouts, Sherwood has pretty much said they should go. Strike is more worrying right now. Naismith is not a solution, he's a man for the last 15 when needing a goal, not a man to lead the line. No idea where we might find that right now though....

Wouldn't be surprised to see two or three unknowns in from abroad on loan. Chips are down now, we have to gamble if we're going to stay in the race.

Holtby would be a great buy he is being touted for around £5 million... Surely we cant pass up on a bargain like that?

We really lacked creativity tonight, and at present Ross isn't providing that. McGeady looks as though he'll be decent from the wings once he's fully fit but we're lacking thrust through the middle and I think we need a creative attacking midfielder type who could cover the central attacking positions to rotate/replace with Pienaar and Barkley and provide some unpredictability. Ideally he'd provide a different threat from set pieces too, as we really aren't doing well from those. Ross is still young to be carrying that creative 'playmaking' responsibility and I can see him growing into a deeper box-to-box midfielder in the next couple of seasons, anyway.

Surely there's a tricky Spaniard or South American that Roberto can add to our loan stable for the rest of the season?

We really lacked creativity tonight, and at present Ross isn't providing that. McGeady looks as though he'll be decent from the wings once he's fully fit but we're lacking thrust through the middle and I think we need a creative attacking midfielder type who could cover the central attacking positions to rotate/replace with Pienaar and Barkley and provide some unpredictability. Ideally he'd provide a different threat from set pieces too, as we really aren't doing well from those. Ross is still young to be carrying that creative 'playmaking' responsibility and I can see him growing into a deeper box-to-box midfielder in the next couple of seasons, anyway.

Surely there's a tricky Spaniard or South American that Roberto can add to our loan stable for the rest of the season?

Agreed. We had absolutely nothing through the middle so resorted to just going wide. It was like watching us under Moyes tbf, no different at all.

Our main concern should be Everton Fottball Club not whether Johnny goes to the World Cup or not, I already think Roberto has fucked up letting Jelavic go too early

If he is going to let these players go then he needs to do what he said he was going to do and bring in replacements BEFORE selling them. He has known for months that they would be leaving so he should have had this sorted

Agreed. We had absolutely nothing through the middle so resorted to just going wide. It was like watching us under Moyes tbf, no different at all.

With Moyes we'd have put some crosses in at least or tried to be more direct. Don't get me wrong, I want Martinez over Moyes every time and I have enjoyed the way we've been playing this season, but there has been an obvious lack of a plan B at times. I think we should try to play our game and control proceedings, but sometimes you need to adapt to the opponent and to the circumstances, or we run the risk of becoming too easy to counter as evidenced last night unfortunately.

Do you think we are nasty enough? I don't mean running around hoofing people in the air but I think we are missing a bit of grit.

Tommy G would have taken the game to them as would have Dunc.

James McCarthy is a great little player but I don't see him dominating games and getting on top of the situation.

Miralles and Ross both seem to have a bit of that in them granted.

Our main concern should be Everton Fottball Club not whether Johnny goes to the World Cup or not, I already think Roberto has fucked up letting Jelavic go too early

If he is going to let these players go then he needs to do what he said he was going to do and bring in replacements BEFORE selling them. He has known for months that they would be leaving so he should have had this sorted

Absolutely. Balls up comes to mind.

With Moyes we'd have put some crosses in at least or tried to be more direct. Don't get me wrong, I want Martinez over Moyes every time and I have enjoyed the way we've been playing this season, but there has been an obvious lack of a plan B at times. I think we should try to play our game and control proceedings, but sometimes you need to adapt to the opponent and to the circumstances, or we run the risk of becoming too easy to counter as evidenced last night unfortunately.

Yes but only because the front three of the Shite played through our two defending midfielders. I am beginning to think that even defensive midfielders need some sort of pace, christ as soon as the the opp has the ball they were carving us up, even from their own 18 yard line, they should have been smashed there, not leave them run at us from their own penalty area!! :shaking fist:

Edited by jona 32

Once again, they do exactly what I'm so pissed off about every game...... No killer through ball....crab side to side shit then back again..... There's one thing barca doing it and it can be called waiting for an opening and another if we do it...it's called being clueless on the ball.... Never mind RM how on earth has no manager in the past ten years recognised this about Everton..... The closest we got to a p last like this was arteta and the kings of this trend snapped him up..... We really lack creativity!!!!! Get to Spain and find a quality playmaker...... It's so fucking obvious it's getting stupid.

Edited by Brett Angel

This loan thing doesn't sit well with me. We've seen players go out the door for a lot of money. We've spent a bit but not all. It seems as though money is being held for a special purpose.

I hope that special purpose is not Lukaku. He's been ok. Some really good performances. But the majority sub standard. For the money being touted £20m+ I think we'd be stupid to throw it all that way.

Loaning players as a majority of transfer business does not seem a good idea for the long haul. Martinez talks about having a strong core of players plus loanees. The majority of loanees will most likely return at the end of each season. We have a couple that's fine but loaning 4-5 players a season isn't a great idea for me.

We need to sign our own players. Don't forget loans cost money. They aren't free favours.

Guest blueboy122

Probably already been mentioned but I think that Remy would be an excellent buy.

However I am concerned about him as a person and what he does in his personal life. Seems to be abit of no good but he does look a real threat infront of goal

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced we need to be realistic. Yes, our hopes were raised to achieve CL football by finishing in the top four this season, but it really is too soon. At the beginning of the season, we didn't expect it - so let's reset expectations. What would be most useful right now is to introduce, at the right moments, some of the younger players. Bring in Garbutt and McAleny and Grant, and allow them to get a taste of playing on the first team. It will serve us very well for next season. It would be foolish to blow cash now on players who are not good enough to be retained at their current clubs for the second half of the season and for whom we would pay inflated prices.

(Waiting for the tomatoes!)

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced we need to be realistic. Yes, our hopes were raised to achieve CL football by finishing in the top four this season, but it really is too soon. At the beginning of the season, we didn't expect it - so let's reset expectations. What would be most useful right now is to introduce, at the right moments, some of the younger players. Bring in Garbutt and McAleny and Grant, and allow them to get a taste of playing on the first team. It will serve us very well for next season. It would be foolish to blow cash now on players who are not good enough to be retained at their current clubs for the second half of the season and for whom we would pay inflated prices.

(Waiting for the tomatoes!)

excellent post. Trouble is we may never get as good an opportunity to break into the top 4 again. But who knows. If we hadn't been so unlucky with injuries, if even Coleman hadnt got injured, I'm not sure there would've been this 'panic' to reinforce and people would've been happy waiting for the summer, as per Martinezs plan

Have to agree Matt and also with the first part of Steve's post.

The derby pasting and the obvious injuries to players seems to have heightened people fears of a melt down, I do believe we need to buy now and push on but I do also understand it's RM first season in charge and prior to the derby we've been playing some great football.

All this talk of no creativity through the middle is slightly justified but it's not been happening in every game far from it I think some people are jumping the gun slightly due to how poorly we played in such an important game.

We got beat not by a far better side nor solely due to injuries it's because Martinez set us out wrongly in my eyes and the lads could not do the most simple and basic things right and I'm convinced nearly any team in the league that night would have given us a hiding.

We need to buy that's obvious and sharpish but the way some are talking is like we've been piss poor all season have faith we'll have a few lads back that will be more then influential.

"Not looking to bring any more players in"

"We won't be adding to the squad"

Q: Do you want to bring more players in?

A: no. no. We got Lacina and Aiden in and that makes us stronger than when the window opened.

So far, via his Pre-Villa conference.

So, accept it lads.

Edited by tenaciousj

A: no. no. We got Lacina and Aiden in and that makes us stronger than when the window opened.

So, accept it lads.

Better hope we find a second wind from somewhere and we get no more injuries then.

So, accept it lads.

In other words:-

• we aren't actually looking at anyone else
  • we are looking at people but nothing doing at the moment - trying to keep it quiet
  • got a game on saturday - focus on that

I can fully understand us not buying in January if the players we want are not available, however what I cant understand is letting Jelavic go without a replacement

If we cant buy/loan then we shouldnt sell

Ok we have Traore , who is an unkown quantity, but we already needed to replace Kone and now that Lukaku is injured we really are down to the bare bones