IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

Dont be a tit all your life, everybody is allowed at least one day a week off

I have never once said that Barkley isnt first team material let alone said it repeatedly

City have Aguero & Negrado

United have Van Persie & Rooney

The Shite have Sturridge & Suarez

We have Vellios & Kone

Now I see your point, I take it all back we dont need any forwards at all

I think you're the one that should step away fromt the glue.

!!!!

So besides central midfield this is where I'd spend most of the money available to bring someone in. I'd take the gamble on Batshuayi (who's just scored 2 more goals btw) for 8m.

!!!!

-we get a classy centre forward in that can receive the ball in his feet. I like Batshuayi for 8m.

!!!!

We only play 1, you know. One starter, one for cover (and we've got this one in Koné), then play Naismith or Mirallas or one of the youngsters.

!!!!

I think you should lay off the drinking cause it has changed you. Deliberately misconstruing someones argument and being nasty about it. Not rating the players the manager rates. I know that's not what you're all about, that's not who you are.

Delph isn't for me, I think there are far better players out there. I think we need two quality strikers and two midfielders. A number 10 when Barkley needs a rest and a winger. Gibson,McCarthy and Barry are fine as holders andi think clubs will be offering us players on loan after the success of Gerry and lukaku. We will need eventually a toying centre back and indi sounds ideal. For the midfielder I really rate will hughes at derby and one of the forwards I would definately go for would be Ings.

Delph isn't for me, I think there are far better players out there. I think we need two quality strikers and two midfielders. A number 10 when Barkley needs a rest and a winger. Gibson,McCarthy and Barry are fine as holders andi think clubs will be offering us players on loan after the success of Gerry and lukaku. We will need eventually a toying centre back and indi sounds ideal. For the midfielder I really rate will hughes at derby and one of the forwards I would definately go for would be Ings.

I've still yet to be convinced by Hughes. I saw the Youtube videos and he looked excellent and whilst I fully admit that I have only seen him in patches (mainly parts of games, never the full 90) he has never really stood out and a lot of the time he has been on the periphery. I have certainly not seen anything from him that supports the price tag on his head at the moment.

Saw some of Ings at the weekend, took his goal nicely but again nothing screamed that he was top 6 premiership quality although it is the only time I have seen him play. If anything I thought Vokes was probably the better of the two on the day but again, I only have first impressions, nothing more.

Interesting but I'm not quite sure what he was watching in the first half....we were poor certainly but Villa barely had the ball so I don't know how he came up with these gems :huh:.

"Villa may rue the loss of three points their first- half display should have delivered....Mirallas broke Villa after they had taken a well-deserved lead through Leandro Bacuna."

Interesting but I'm not quite sure what he was watching in the first half....we were poor certainly but Villa barely had the ball so I don't know how he came up with these gems :huh:.

"Villa may rue the loss of three points their first- half display should have delivered....Mirallas broke Villa after they had taken a well-deserved lead through Leandro Bacuna."

Do you expect anything less from that paper though? I would be surprised if they watched the game and probably wrote their brief after watching MOTD!

we had 71% possession, 13 shots to their 4, 6 on target to their 1, 13 corners to their 1, they committed 18 fouls to our 4....

Unbelievable... Lambert says we were quiet? His team hardly made excting viewing, so poor and negative.

• 10 months later...

Any signings we do make this January (and in the summer) must be 25 and under. We are looking a very old, tired side right now.

Its probably only in the wide positions that this becomes an issue. We have 4 central midfielders and only Barry is knocking on a bit. At the back we have Stones coming through but I suppose a new CB should be in the offing depending on how the young lads are developing. Up front we are ok as long as Naismith/Etoo/Kone arent playing week in week out but with all 3 that is unlikely.

If we work on the basis that Atsu isnt going to play then we only have Mirallas and McGeady and that's a huge worry! At the very least we need one good wide man in, possibly with a younger lad as back up (again depending on the youngsters coming through for next year).

Its probably only in the wide positions that this becomes an issue. We have 4 central midfielders and only Barry is knocking on a bit. At the back we have Stones coming through but I suppose a new CB should be in the offing depending on how the young lads are developing. Up front we are ok as long as Naismith/Etoo/Kone arent playing week in week out but with all 3 that is unlikely.

If we work on the basis that Atsu isnt going to play then we only have Mirallas and McGeady and that's a huge worry! At the very least we need one good wide man in, possibly with a younger lad as back up (again depending on the youngsters coming through for next year).

When we have our strongest 11 out there the age thing isn't much of an issue, but the back-up options aren't too good. When your main weapons off the bench are Osman, Pienaar etc that's a problem. That's where Deulofeu was so key last season. We need players who are capable of changing things on a consistent basis, and players coming to the end of their careers don't cut it for me.

When we have our strongest 11 out there the age thing isn't much of an issue, but the back-up options aren't too good. When your main weapons off the bench are Osman, Pienaar etc that's a problem. That's where Deulofeu was so key last season. We need players who are capable of changing things on a consistent basis, and players coming to the end of their careers don't cut it for me.

Yeh spot on. It's not too much of a problem for the odd game but you don't want to have to rely on them for much more than that.

I don't mind the likes of Osman coming off the bench because he can change games and does quite well in that role but when you have him, Pienaar, Etoo, Barry and even Hibbert in the same team it's a worry. Actually it scares me shitless!

I don't expect much in January. It's a dirty window.

I doubt we have much cash to splash either.

If Atsu still hasn't cut it by the last week of January, then he should be cut loose.

We should look at a couple of pacey creative wingers. But it's questionable what quality you can get in January.

One of the few times I'll agree with Brett on here. I think Delph would be excellent for us.

I dontdon't get the negativity shown towards me on this forum. Everything I read starts with "one of a few times I'll agree with Brett" if I am continuously reading this, doesn't this mean I am in fact talking the most sense then?

Everyone should just follow me, it is in your best interests and you will become a greater man.

This is one of the few times I can actually agree with Brett..since reading his posts I have become a better m...

Wait a sec...the guy is brainwashing you all! It's manipulation at the highest degree.

Sell Barkley and buy Delph!no sell Barkley and offer Mirralas and the Barkley money and get Brett.

This is one of the few times I can actually agree with Brett..since reading his posts I have become a better m...

Wait a sec...the guy is brainwashing you all! It's manipulation at the highest degree.

Sell Barkley and buy Delph!no sell Barkley and offer Mirralas and the Barkley money and get Brett.

Thats it my boy....come to the light......come on now.