IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

When working with your manager, would you rather speak to him in your own native tongue, or would you rather he speak a 'strange' version of a different language? Personally, I think issues like this are important to players. Plus, we have Alcaraz, Oviedo, Deulofeu, and Robles in the squad - all Spanish speakers. If Hernandez is planning to leave ManU, Everton must represent an attractive choice. The real issue is probably wage demands.

And European football.

at this point he just wants to play first team i think. he's 25 and is on the bench, but should be starting. plus after a couple months with moyes he sees where that is headed and realizes man u isn't a good place for him anymore. i could see him ending up in spain as well with national teammate dos santos.

Edited by markjazzbassist

at this point he just wants to play first team i think. he's 25 and is on the bench, but should be starting. plus after a couple months with moyes he sees where that is headed and realizes man u isn't a good place for him anymore. i could see him ending up in spain as well with national teammate dos santos.

coming up to the World Cup too.

I just think that if he were to become available clubs who can offer him far more than we can will be in for him.

great point unfortunately. how much do you think other clubs value him at? and any ideas who else would be in the running?

If you believe the papers Arsenal are interested, which would give you some idea of how highly he's thought of. Not too long ago Real Madrid were rumoured to be interested, but that was when he couldn't stop scoring.

Hernandez and Zaha in return for Baines. It's a win-win-win-win-win scenario: Win for Martinez (life this season without Kone). Win for Moyes (he gets his man, Baines). Win for Hernandez (gets to play first-team football every week). Win for Baines (playing in the Champions League). Win for Zaha (gets to play in a first team).

Would he though? Martinez only plays with one striker and that's going to be Lukaku

This is about the benifits of strengthening our squad again come january and sure enough most of the posts our mentioning who we should sell... The fact of the matter is we don't need to sell come january by the sounds of it, so why not wait till the summer to talk about who we should get rid of........ The negetive evertonian prevails once again.

Damn you Brett!

Am i actually agreeing with you haha!

This point exactly, why do we need to sell? lets add a few players to the squad and strengthen. ok if we get offered 18 for bainsey then its crazy not to accept and use that cash, but other than that we have no need to sell.

This point exactly, why do we need to sell? lets add a few players to the squad and strengthen. ok if we get offered 18 for bainsey then its crazy not to accept and use that cash, but other than that we have no need to sell.

If we want to add to the squad then we do need to sell, just like in the summer.

In my eyes we need a creative midfielder who can find the final pass and a wide player. Granted we need a striker but I'd play mirallas there as he has pace and wouldn't have to track back as much which he obviously struggles with. Two names will Hughes and Tom ince. Hughes is going to be a huge player and. Hope we are right in for him. Apparently the shite are favourites for him but we need to go balls out and ince can play either wing and is the natural progression for pioneer

Adam Le Fondre (obviously?!) was in my mind when I made the original post but I've been converted by marco's promise so Hernandez by a mile!!!

Really?! I thought he'd be bottom of that list tbh!

I actually had Le Fondre on the top of my list of those three. Hernandez would also be great but i'm impressed by Le Fondre.

No, just messing!!! Hernandez by a mile - very unlikely though sadly!

Thank fuck for that, I was about to question your sanity ;).

yeah, I was only joking to ehhrm. :leggit:

No not really, I am impressed by Le Fondre and I think he would be a great addition to Everton. I also think that its very unlikely that Hernandez will come to Everton so that plays in.

I would sell Heitinga, Jelavic and send Stones out on loan in January.

My replacements would be:

Defender - Boyota from City. (I rate him and I think he would be decent backup).

Midfielder - Yaan M'Villa or Essien - loan.

Striker - I would even have another go at someone like Jo. (Under Martinez I think he will do a lot better). Also I would go for John Guidetti from City who is a youngster who I think is decent and would do well with Lukaku.

• 4 weeks later...

Pottering about, nervous and excited and was thinking who or what do we need to help us and build us for the future?

Reasonable, affordable players I'd go for would be

Ince - Blackpool

Hughes - derby

Diame - west ham

Gauld - Dundee united ( we need to get in there for this kid)

Gudetti - man city

I would just go for prospects for the future: Ryan Gauld and John Souttar or whatever prospects we have scouted across Europe. Even if we sell Baines, I wouldn't go after a high-profile player. You'd pay premium because it's january and because everyone remembers you just cashed in big.

Then in the summer we can assess the squad when we know which academy players are ready for a step up and what loans could be extended etc.

• 2 weeks later...