IGNORED

Bill Kenwright in Alex Ferguson's book

Louis

Apparently Alex Ferguson's new book says that Bill Kenwright was in a meeting with Moyes and Ferguson, Kenwright was crying over the sale of Rooney and phoned his mother and told her Man Utd were "stealing our boy" and then put her on the phone to Alex Ferguson. Ferguson says he thought it was a negotiating tactic.

Ferguson also recounted the story of United’s pursuit of Rooney when the player was a youngster at Everton.

He revealed the striker twice rebuffed him at the ages of 14 and 16 and that when he eventually signed as an 18-year-old for £25 million plus add ons, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright was reduced to tears in his office.

Ferguson said Kenwright called his own mother and passed the phone to the Scot, who she berated so fiercely that the United manager thought it was a negotiating tactic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/Sir_Alex_Ferguson/10396064/Wayne-Rooney-told-Alex-Ferguson-to-sign-Mesut-Ozil-before-asking-to-leave-book-reveals.html

There is also this from a Huffington Post journalist:

http://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/392642945997758465

‘It was Aug 2004 and we had just played Everton. Bill Kenwright was crying. As we studied the Everton chairman in his sorrow, he announced that he would like to make a call. Through his tears, Bill said: “I’ll need to phone my mother.”

“They’re stealing our boy, they’re stealing our boy,” he said down the line. Then he passed the phone to me. “Don’t you dare think you’re getting that boy for nothing.That boy’s worth £50m,” said a female voice.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/22/sir-alex-ferguson-autobiography-the-best-bits-on-cristiano-ronaldo-wayne-rooney-david-beckham-and-arsene-wenger-4156369/

Ferguson also details the problems he had with Rooney. He writes first of his delight in acquiring such a prodigious footballing force, then a teenager at Everton. He relates how Bill Kenwright was crying at the fee of £25m plus add-ons offered by United; Everton’s chairman claimed he was worth £50m and rang his mother in front of Ferguson to lament United’s apparent miserliness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/Sir_Alex_Ferguson/10396024/Alex-Ferguson-savages-former-Manchester-United-captain-Roy-Keane-in-his-extraordinary-autobiography.html

Jesus Christ fellas just go and watch his plays whilst your at it...

The man's a pure and utter fake... What a professional way to run a multi million pound business...

Oh this man has a heart doesn't he, he loves our club, wouldn't have anyone else running it.... Haha he lives off that last sentence. Got ya's all wrapped around his every tear.

Ohhhh it's so emotinal writing this I just have to stop.

Edited by Brett Angel

I think Ferguson lacks class, and has always reminded me of a spiteful nasty man that you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of. He expects to get his own way or throws a tantrum, and is probably the ugliest personality in football.

met him twice, not a nice man (though Utd we're getting best at home... Still doesn't mean he had to be a dick)

He also wrote in his book he doesn't rate Gerrard as a top player. It's like he's missing being a bitter twisted prick in the limelight, so he's doing it through writing a book. God knows he wouldn't need any more money.

Loved the stab at Gerrard to be honest, but why ruffle up feathers like that? What on earth does he have to do with Gerrard?

Nothing surprises me at all. Moyes just like Allardyce and Redknapp were all in fergies little gang of hero worshippers.

He rates himself so highly does ferguson... the very fact he thinks he can influence whether we can retain a managers services?! More to the point why does Moyes seem to have needed SAF as some sort of mentor??? sickening. I think its safe to say Martinez has a mind of his own...hence turning down Liverpool.

Nothing surprises me at all. Moyes just like Allardyce and Redknapp were all in fergies little gang of hero worshippers.

He rates himself so highly does ferguson... the very fact he thinks he can influence whether we can retain a managers services?! More to the point why does Moyes seem to have needed SAF as some sort of mentor??? sickening. I think its safe to say Martinez has a mind of his own...hence turning down Liverpool.

Yes but would you work at a club where there is a club legend waiting to plot behind your back every 5 min? Sure think that's why Martinez didn't take it.