IGNORED

Jack Colback

Guest blueboy122

Echo what Matt says. When he was first linked I thought why are we being linked to him... He's not good enough etc. However started to watch him more and he is quite a tidy useful player

Echo what Matt says. When he was first linked I thought why are we being linked to him... He's not good enough etc. However started to watch him more and he is quite a tidy useful player

Yes, same here. He looks like a neat and tidy midfielder who would fit in well, and the fact that he provides decent cover at LB too is a bonus.

Average

I saw enough today and have done previously to see he'll be a good squad player should we get him. He was left mid today - think he'll primarily be cm for us, add Barry in the summer then I'd be happy with McCarthy, Barry, Gibson and Colback as the base for the 2 deep midfield roles. We need depth all over the squad as lack of quality is why we've died off since a busy Christmas period. Obviously strikers will be our main priority in the summer!

I've taken more notice of him recently too. He gets around the park very well, similar to McCarthy really. For free he would be a good addition.

Being creative isnt really part of the job for our midfield two, so I wouldnt expect a load of assists really. Any extra creativity and goals are a bonus. Creating freedom for our full backs seems to be the priority, and I think he could do that easily.

If we had four central midfielders, two right footers and two left, that would be a great mix imo, and all four would have only cost about £14m in transfer fees.

Barry McCarthy

Colback Gibson

Edited by StevO

• 1 month later...

So far Barry has not sign a new contract with Everton, therefore two midfielders are needed.

Colback would be:

1) Free (the most important), 2) with Premier League experience, 3) young, 4) with potential to improve, or 5) be sold for a couple of million the next year if he fails.

Can't see any negatives, unless he demands huge wages or a big signing fee for the agent.

For the lad it should be a great opportunity to improve his fortune, play the Europa League (at the moment - 5th is where Everton stands), learn with an exciting young manager and, if he cements a place in the starting XI, he could become an England international. I can only see him as a squad player, but who knows how he will develop eventually.

I think Colback is a cheaper alternative to Cleverley, especially based on this seasons form. I think Cleverley probably has the potential to develop more than Colback does but considering the fee and wages, I know which one I would be more inclined to go for.