IGNORED

Man United - Old Trafford 4th December

Hafnia

Watched the extended highlights again last night. In the cold light of day, a number of things stood out:

1) McCarthy was everywhere. He was at the centre of important defensive plays, leading the counter-attacks, and simply dominant throughout. He's going to be phenomenal.

2) Oviedo struggled at the back, and almost cost us an easy goal. Still, his finish when scoring was excellent, because it was not an easy chance.

3) Howard is world-class. No wonder RM was commenting on the calibre of the US #1 keeper when talking yesterday about the World Cup draw.

4) Deulofeu really is selfish. At one point, he had three players in an open position and still tried to score himself. Still, the important thing is that he's creating those chances in the first place, and there's no doubt he'll learn over time.

5) Barkley is not playing so well of late. Maybe all the comments in the media and the England call-up got to his head a little.

6) Lukaku's sheer presence makes a difference up-front. Whether he scores or not, he really intimidates the opposing defense.

I was 7 in 1992. Probably hadn't even watched an English football match at that point, nevermind an Everton one, as I don't think there was a lot of English football on the telly back then in Portugal. 21 years later I'm at Old Trafford watching THAT. Life is funny!

Edited by Fearthainn

• 2 weeks later...