IGNORED

Man United - Old Trafford 4th December

Hafnia

Bigger than the derby this one for me. Going to be an interesting side - is Barkley going to play? I think so, Phil Jones is missing for them as is Carrick and I believe we will boss the midfield, get Barry to man mark Rooney and wind him and Felli up as much as possible - there is a red card waiting for those two if we do it right.

Really looking forward to this one!

Jones played yesterday, did he get injured?

Got a yellow card taking him to 5 so 1 match ban - pity that Rooney didn't get one too, he is on 4 yellows.

From looking at Red Cafe etc Jones has been in good form for them so will be a big miss I hope. Fellaini will be an interesting one, my guess is that RM will get our players to wind him up, he will be under immense pressure.

Got a yellow card taking him to 5 so 1 match ban - pity that Rooney didn't get one too, he is on 4 yellows.

From looking at Red Cafe etc Jones has been in good form for them so will be a big miss I hope. Fellaini will be an interesting one, my guess is that RM will get our players to wind him up, he will be under immense pressure.

Ah, didn't realise that.

Fellaini might not even be a problem, their players don't even seem to like passing to him!

Now listen up people.... Best form of defend at Old Trafford to date is Attack, attack, attack...

We must take the game to them from the first whistle. Dont let them have any time on the ball. Fellaini will not be an issue on the floor. he was overrated with us and he's overrated with them.

Dont worry about him now cause he thinks that changing to man Utd he has developed 60 yard sprays across the park. he's an embarrassment. he will never be that technically gifted. get over yourself.

Really hope delefao comes on as sub but not before the game is out of our grasp like against man city.

If we ever had a chance of taking three points at utd, this is the time.

I will have my camera at the ready to take the still shot of RM on the touchline whilst red head is in his box behind him looking vague of idea's.

1-3 COYB.........

Dont feel we will get anything at the emirates so we need something here!

Atkinson was the ref in the 3-3 against Utd at Goodison in 2010, when we were 1-3 down going into injury time, scored twice in quick succession and he blew for full time during what was the same passage of play when we were on a break for the winner after a Utd corner. Resulted in Moyes marching onto the pitch almost to the centre circle to have a word with him.

Guest blueboy122

What a strange feeling it is for us Evertonians! Actually looking forward to playing the big teams rather than dreading them.

Be great to see us attack and actually have a go at the big boys rather than wait and wait and wait to concede.

Moyes gave far to much respect to the big boys in the league and was almost scared to take points off them.

What sort of reception do you think Moyes will be getting this week? I would imagine mixed.

What a strange feeling it is for us Evertonians! Actually looking forward to playing the big teams rather than dreading them.

Be great to see us attack and actually have a go at the big boys rather than wait and wait and wait to concede.

Moyes gave far to much respect to the big boys in the league and was almost scared to take points off them.

What sort of reception do you think Moyes will be getting this week? I would imagine mixed.

Im still nervous about the game. Got a feeling that if he wins he will make comments on his new clubs stature vs ours...

Either way, I think he will get a positive reaction. Theres 70k people there, most of whom will be Utd supporters, so any boos would be drowned out. How he is received at Goodison, I think tomorrows performance from him will answer that ;)

Guest rusty747

It's very difficult to predict a Bobby M team selection now (which is a good thing as it indicates the strength and depth of our squad) but I really liked the way we finished the game v Stoke so I would like:

Howard

Stones or Alcaraz Jags Distin

Coleman Oviedo

Delafeu McCarthy Barry

Barkley or Osman

Lukaka

Subs

Alcaraz or Stones

Osman or Barkley

Peanuts

Mirallas

Johnny H

Jelavic

don't know why anyone would want to drop him after Saturday, I only saw the last half an hour but he looked top quality, picking the ball up around the middle, driving forward and lots of smart attacking passes. Lovely little flick on his assist for Deulofeu too.

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Oviedo

McCarthy Barry

Deulofeu Barkley pienaar

Lukaku

Though I wouldn't begrudge him leaving out either Deulofeu or Barkley in favour of Mirallas or Osman if it's felt Gerard would be better coming off the bench for this tough away game. I think Barkley will start though.

Just read an article David Moyes salutes Roberto Martinez's Everton FC exploits

But is it me? Is he just trying to blow his own trumpet whilst slapping Martinez down?

"I always told them they could play without a manager (WTF? in other words anyone could carry on what I left) because they are very well organised, but Roberto is doing a really good job keeping it (My legacy) going."

Is he just being a bitter tw*t because Martinez has had (more or less) nothing but praise (from us the supporters & the press) since he's arrived but actually he has even suprised the most hard-nosed of us EfC supporters, for example Baines off in a derby and brings Gerard on (would NOT have happened under the ginger one) playing Barkley 8 times already this season, twice for the carrot last season I could go on and on and on…

I really really, REALLY hope Bobby can push the players to put the pathetic record of no wins at OT since 1992, absolute disgraceful record don't care what anyone says, Moyes I loved him don't get me wrong but after the way he conducted himself trying to get Feli & Baines for the pitiful amount he offered in the summer + the comments he made about I wouldn’t have sttod in the way of their progress ++ now that I have see the way we actually can play when we have a manager with an actual footballing philosophy and not just a, lets try and win by one and then defend for your life tactics of old, I for one am glad he fucked and even then under the dubious circumstances.

This is the difference (IMO) between Moyes & Bobby: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/02/roberto-martinez-everton-david-moyes-united

Absolutely cannot wait for the match tomorrow!!! :COYBs[1]:

Just read an article David Moyes salutes Roberto Martinez's Everton FC exploits

But is it me? Is he just trying to blow his own trumpet whilst slapping Martinez down?

"I always told them they could play without a manager (WTF? in other words anyone could carry on what I left) because they are very well organised, but Roberto is doing a really good job keeping it (My legacy) going."

Is he just being a bitter tw*t because Martinez has had (more or less) nothing but praise (from us the supporters & the press) since he's arrived but actually he has even suprised the most hard-nosed of us EfC supporters, for example Baines off in a derby and brings Gerard on (would NOT have happened under the ginger one) playing Barkley 8 times already this season, twice for the carrot last season I could go on and on and on…

I really really, REALLY hope Bobby can push the players to put the pathetic record of no wins at OT since 1992, absolute disgraceful record don't care what anyone says, Moyes I loved him don't get me wrong but after the way he conducted himself trying to get Feli & Baines for the pitiful amount he offered in the summer + the comments he made about I wouldn’t have sttod in the way of their progress ++ now that I have see the way we actually can play when we have a manager with an actual footballing philosophy and not just a, lets try and win by one and then defend for your life tactics of old, I for one am glad he fucked and even then under the dubious circumstances.

This is the difference (IMO) between Moyes & Bobby: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/02/roberto-martinez-everton-david-moyes-united

Absolutely cannot wait for the match tomorrow!!! :COYBs[1]:

I pretty much expected him to do that (as per david moyes thread) - my only surprise is that he didn't try and take credit for Barkleys perfromances and remind everyone how in utter awe he was of Man United when he managed us.

I pretty much expected him to do that (as per david moyes thread) - my only surprise is that he didn't try and take credit for Barkleys perfromances and remind everyone how in utter awe he was of Man United when he managed us.

I have to say that haf called it when stating that Moyes would tried to hint at his strong tenure at Goodison. When I read the quotes on Sky this morning I just had to shake my head.

I have to say that haf called it when stating that Moyes would tried to hint at his strong tenure at Goodison. When I read the quotes on Sky this morning I just had to shake my head.

Unfortunately in my eyes anyway, he now really comes across as an absolute ginger cock, which is very suprising as he always seemed a genuine guy from the Jocklands for 11 years with us, just shows how power (or lack of in his case) corrupts!

If we can give the a game like we did Norwaypool and Stoke, then I really cannot wait for the game tomorrow, SERIOUSLY!

He needs to keep reminding himself of part of his statment. We gave him his chance from Preston NE....if it weren't f or us who's to know whether he might not have got that chance at top flight. Cause the way I can remember it, he wasnt setting the world alight at Preston. He's got a big job off a pal not the club. If fergy was at spurs he would have got his wish last summer also.

The man is very ginger!!!! His daughters alright though. Awwwwooooooooooooooo

I can't believe the comments from moyes today. Thought he would have learned his lesson but the condescending, Bertie big bollocks got me well pissed off until I read our managers retort. Totally respectful but he made his point alright. I so so hope we win tomorrow but I have a feeling moyes will come out and take credit for it