IGNORED

Man United - Old Trafford 4th December

Hafnia

Should be opportunities to play on the break - we do now with a real menace. Got to defend well though. Hopeful rather than confident.

Re Moyes. If Everton could play without a manager why did he feel the need to commentate on every ball?- "run here, run there". He never shut his gub.

Edited by weebittight

Barkley will play, I can see Martinez wanting him to get fired up. If I was Martinez I would say to Barkley get out there and show not just me but Moyes what you are made of and prove to him what he was missing!

I even think that Oviedo has got something to prove as well. It will be an interesting game anyway.

I think Barkley will have a major motivation with this regard... he may come out with Pro Moyes soundbites but the lad must surely feel like his past 2 years under Dave should have resulted in more football. I think he will be majorly fired up.

I think Barkley will have a major motivation with this regard... he may come out with Pro Moyes soundbites but the lad must surely feel like his past 2 years under Dave should have resulted in more football. I think he will be majorly fired up.

He got plenty of football! At his level (Sheffield Wednesday)!

Hope you guys have a great game today!

Cheers from Barcelona. Quite a few new Everton fans here will be watching the game.

Good luck!

Thank you!

And a big thank you for the wonderful talent that Jerry is. His performance on Saturday is the main reason a lot of us are so much more confident facing Golums lot.

Hopefully he will start and tear them appart. I would love to see the look on Moyes face as he wanders to himself where the hell we found him from. That look when he questions in his head if Jerry would make a good full back or not haha!

Guest rusty747

I'll be watching the game in Dubai and it won't finish until about 2-00 am Dubai time and I have a very early start in the morning. But I just have to watch. Could be a long day at work tomorrow.

Really think we will give a good account of ourselves tonight and I am quietly confident.

He got plenty of football! At his level (Sheffield Wednesday)!

At who's level? Barkleys?

Mate is a Leeds fan - said he could not understand Moyes letting him go out on loan - absolute waste of time... he was on a totally different level to the players, he seen things and made balls they just couldn't read. Same at sheff wed... lad was just too advanced. He had to play well within himself.

Just had a sneaky peak on some of the united web sites. They all seem fairly confident of the win. Roberto has been called smug,slim amongst other things. Jealousy perhaps? I'd love to see us play moyes team off the park but would take a flukey 0-1 hopefully our fans will be right up for it and shout them out the ground and we gain confidence from that and play our stuff. Although. Don't think he will I'd play Gerry from the start as they will be worried about his pace and he will be more up to speed with the game from the off rather than coming on and having time to settle. Barkley to come in for Ossie and hopefully we take our chances

Mate is a Leeds fan - said he could not understand Moyes letting him go out on loan - absolute waste of time... he was on a totally different level to the players, he seen things and made balls they just couldn't read. Same at sheff wed... lad was just too advanced. He had to play well within himself.

do you have one mate from every club in england?

I'm winding you up Haf ;) , though I think loan time can be good for almost any player before stepping into a topflight first team, including Barkley.

Edited by Quinn31

Bit early for the announcement but this would appear to be the United team....

De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney

Lindegaard, Evans, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Hernandez, Januzaj

Looks like their official Twitter feed.

Bit early for the announcement but this would appear to be the United team....

De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney

Lindegaard, Evans, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Hernandez, Januzaj

Looks like their official Twitter feed.

Not early at all....I was thinking it was an 8.00 KO :doh:.

Howard, Oviedo, Distin, Jagielka ©, Coleman, McCarthy, Barry, Pienaar, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Robles, Heitinga, Jelavic, Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Stones

Guest blueboy122

Good side, would have liked to see Gerry in there though.

We should have a right go at their back four especially the two centre halves, never rated smelling and in my opinion Vidicon is finished. Half the player he used to be.

Come on blues

Fancy you guys to get something tonight, possibly even win. That Manc team isn't really that great, and it's missing Carrick and Van Persie. The former is by far their best midfielder and the latter - whilst not a great footballer outside the box - does tend to score goals in the league. I actually think Kagawa behind Rooney is more dangerous than Rooney-RVP but it might be different in the league than Europe. Of course the same could have been said about the Leverkusen game in regards to missing Carrick and RVP but Lever gave them all the space in the world - you won't.

Valencia is a strange player in that he's not got much footballing ability, but he does have pace. He's been poor for over a season but that pace is something that can always cause problems. He seems to hit and hope every cross so if Oviedo stands him up he should be fine. Get in about the sister-in-law shagger (Lever gave him a radius of ten yards of space, which is not on against a player of his ability), and don't let Kagawa find pockets of space - he's their main creative outlet, so Barry should try and keep him in check. I really fancy Lukaku to bully their defence and I expect that's why Smalling is playing CB and not Evans - the latter is known to struggle against physical powerhouses.

I'd have liked to see Deulofeu start as he's capable of tearing their FBs apart, especially Evra who is very suspect defensively these days - looks like he will be used as in impact sub, but overall I think Martinez has picked a strong team. They're there for the taking if Martinez is the brave manager I think he is. Good luck for tonight lads and I hope you do yourselves justice there :)

Edited by Nikica

I just have a nagging worry that Felli might just put in one of his unplayable performances tonight. He's been poor for them so far but he often raised himself for "big" games for us, and I'm sure he'll want to make his mark tonight.

That aside I think we have the stronger XI, if we were at home I'd be very confident of the win....still optimistic.

Yeah Mike, I wouldn't write Fellaini off at all. He's probably not the player I thought he was, but he's still better than the United fans seem to be giving him credit for. He should be good enough to be a solid squad player for them long-term. He's playing deeper tonight so it will be interesting to see if he and Giggs (with Kagawa in front to link to Rooney) can win the midfield battle.

Man United's main tactic under Moyes has been to switch it wide to the wingers and spam crosses. Very one-dimensional but - to be fair to the ginger messiah - they played that way under Ferguson often too.

Felli vs Barkley? That will be interesting but I'm sure they both know each other's abilities very well. Can't get over Gerry being dropped, unless the plan is to tire Evra out with Mirallas then let Gerry tear hi a new one.

I've had a seriously shit day so I'm not expecting much now, but will be hoping the Blues can give me a good send off to bed!