IGNORED

Swansea

markjazzbassist

I'm hoping for another strong performance from the squad, but I think Swansea will be a tough match. They are better than their point total suggests. They have been advancing in the Europa League and with Bony and Michu, they have some serious threats. I believe we will win, but think it will be close like 2-1.

Here's the lineup I'd like to see

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Oviedo

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Bench - Robles, Heitenga, Stones, Alcaraz, Naismith, Jelavic, Osman

Guest rusty747

Can't argue with that line up. This will not be an easy game and we need to play our best XI. We can think about rotating the squad for the next 2 home games a bit I think.

Swansea should allow us to play our football and I think our two of Barry and McCarthy will be too strong for them. Barry,Barkley and Tim have till the end of December to not get a fifth yellow and then they are wiped clean. Wouldn't want to lose ross and Gareth for the same match if they get yellows but I will take the risk for this game and rest Ross for the Sunderland game. Think we will be to strong all over the park and can see a 0-2 win Ross and lukaku

Guest rusty747

True, and I believe we will get them. Under dithering Davie I would have been worried but now I have a lot more confidence in the team to go out and win a tricky game.

NSNO

Sin Miedo

I think people might be underestimating Swansea a little. They are also a very good team who just aren't quite firing on all cylinders just yet, especially considering they are trying to integrate a lot of new faces and cope with the burden of the Europa League.

From what I have seen they have played a lot better than their results suggest and it should be a good game.

Im shiting myself about this game.

Have my daughter and her partner over for an early Christmas dinner tomorrow (before she goes into hospital to have the new Evertonian induced on Monday) ...partner is Polish and always brings a decent supply of Polish beer so by kick off I'm planning to be quite relaxed :P. Hopefully me and Josh will have converted the father-to-be to the Blue way by the end of the game :lol:.

Have my daughter and her partner over for an early Christmas dinner tomorrow (before she goes into hospital to have the new Evertonian induced on Monday) ...partner is Polish and always brings a decent supply of Polish beer so by kick off I'm planning to be quite relaxed :P. Hopefully me and Josh will have converted the father-to-be to the Blue way by the end of the game :lol:.

Sounds like a good weekend, first grandchild? Congrats!

Our second is due in 5 weeks time now. (Child, not grandchild)

Is polish beer any good? Im actually drinking beer from a micro brewery in my home town tonight. Bloody expensive (2 pounds Fifty for a small bottle) but it is just soooo good. Right now on an english indian pale ale (from sweden)

Edited by Peter H

Sounds like a good weekend, first grandchild? Congrats!

Our second is due in 5 weeks time now. (Child, not grandchild)

Is polish beer any good? Im actually drinking beer from a micro brewery in my home town tonight. Bloody expensive (2 pounds Fifty for a small bottle) but it is just soooo good. Right now on an english indian pale ale (from sweden)

Seventh grandchild Peter :) ....but he's going to be a bit of a miracle as his mum is diabetic and so the pregnancy (after several miscarriages) has been really difficult. That's why he's being induced early. Good luck with your new addition!

Love Polish beer....but a lot of it is strong stuff. Can remember my dad drinking IPA in the sixties, didn't know you could still get it!

(Horribly off topic this....sorry)

Guest rusty747

Why's that? Every time we played them under Moyes we completely shut them down and made them look an extremely poor side.

Fair call actually. Swansea are probably one of only 2 or 3 teams that we always seemed to do well against under DM.

Good luck for Monday grandpa, just show him highlights of Bob the pole.... In fact best not.

Seventh grandchild Peter :) ....but he's going to be a bit of a miracle as his mum is diabetic and so the pregnancy (after several miscarriages) has been really difficult. That's why he's being induced early. Good luck with your new addition!

Love Polish beer....but a lot of it is strong stuff. Can remember my dad drinking IPA in the sixties, didn't know you could still get it!

(Horribly off topic this....sorry)

Seventh, thats amazing. Again congrats and hope everything goes as planned. IPA is amazing, get loads of it around here, mostly from small micro breweries but also at the off licence.

Sorry for going off topic, anything to keep my mind off the game later on today.

Swansea are a good team who play lovely football. Their points tally is not reflective of their performances this season, or their true level. They are probably the 8th or 9th best team in the league, and they play some of the best football when on song.

This could be a difficult game, but Laudrup v Martinez is mouthwatering - the thought of these two tactically erudite foreigners pitting wits against each other (now Martinez is at a strong club) is lovely. Both of them are very well versed in the technical game and tomorrow could be a belter.

In light of the above and how football generally works I predict a dull as fuck 0-0 draw.

Oh, and congrats to you as well, MikeO. You seem a nice guy and it's great that you have such a big family.

Edited by Nikica

id just like to to add that i have one mum, one dad, two sisters, two brothers, one daughter, one dog, one lump on my right arse cheek and predict an everton victory 0-2.... there, i feel part of it now. carry on.

Maybe we should have a family thread!....Wife (spurs), son and daughter (pure Blue)......brother (rs).

One dog (west highland terrier, Celtic).Had a rabbit as well, but he's gone (he hated football, he never kicked the ball back to me once)

Oh yes......Swansea 1 Everton 3.

Edited by Blue 250

Yes, I am human and have feelings....you on the other hand are very old as I found out to my surprise on another thread and should be more wise

Old enough to understand banter.

Romey, can you give peteh a warning. he's bullying me.

If thats bullying ill pull out an array of Brett Angels best of posts. But if you truely are hurt by my comment I will be the first in line to apologize.