IGNORED

Swansea

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Next 2 home games are very winnable but we must take nothing for granted. We need to step up the attitude and concentration levels to give us a little bit to spare in each game. Squad is also starting to look a bit thin now with injuries, sickness and Lukaku misfiring. Time for Roberto to work his magic as we need to win the next 2 or 3 to set us up for the second half of the season.

I think there were numerous times where Lukaku should've gotten a pass (especially in the 1st half) and his frustration showed when he took a poor shot that deflected off a defender without looking for a pass

Almost had a heart attack those last 10 minutes but Timmy was there to keep those 3 points. Seamus put in an absolute awesome shift and is my MoM for not putting a bad foot in defending and making gorgeous runs all game long (plus that goal had me jumping off my bed). Barkley looked out of sorts for a bit there but then had some nice runs in the second half and a wonderful free kick to boot (not to mention that shot that was saved off the woodwork)

We're unfortunately looking quite thin at the wings at the moment and need to be reinforced during the transfer window but for now, I'll just breathe out and take those 3 points.

COYB! Sin Miedo.

'Swansea boss Michael Laudrup: "We did not deserve to lose this game, definitely. We conceded the late goal at a moment when Everton seemed OK with the draw judging by their substitutions.'

We took off two midfield players and put on a midfielder and a midfield/striker......that's accepting a point is it :huh:?

'Swansea boss Michael Laudrup: "We did not deserve to lose this game, definitely. We conceded the late goal at a moment when Everton seemed OK with the draw judging by their substitutions.'

We took off two midfield players and put on a midfielder and a midfield/striker......that's accepting a point is it :huh:?

He said we took off 2 "attacking threats" and bought on 2 midfielders, chatting out his arse. He had the cheek to say we were lucky after their fluke of a goal as well! We score 2 worldys and it's luck but they score a fluke of an own goal and they didn't deserve to loose according to him.

Delusional.

Laudrup wasn't paying attention, Mike. He was reminiscing his Barcelona days via day dreams, in fact, judging by Swansea's form over the past 8-9 months, he's been doing it a lot.

Everton own the best two fullbacks in the prem, that team today with possibly Baines and an IN FORM Lukaku would be unstopable.

The players heads never dropped after that deflected goal, that was a very good sign.

Ross made a couple of mistakes but otherwise was brilliant, just how good can that lad be!

Very impressed with the way we just stuck to task today and thus got our rewards with a great strike from Barkley. It's only the 3rd time i have seen a full game this season(due to new work commitments at weekends) mostly i have just seen highlights and short clips, i must say we look capable of silverware football(at the moment) under Martinez imo. Im looking forward to seeing what business is done in January.

Analysis

_65602991_john_hartson_getty.jpgJohn HartsonBBC Radio 5 live

"That free-kick reminded me of Wayne Rooney's against Arsenal for Everton many years ago. Magnificent technique from the young lad, pure brilliance."

You're confused John mate.....that one was from open play (unless I'm forgetting something)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovNbrQ-yVWQ

Think he just means Rooney's goal in general, not that it was a free kick.

All I can say about the first half is that we were flat. Very, very flat. Like a pancake.

Second half we came out with a better purpose but still took our time to really get going. Our movement improved massively and consequentially our tempo went up a gear. We now moved the ball, and Swansea players, around the pitch really well. This allowed us to build up a head of steam and put a lot of pressure on Swansea. It was our first bit of control in the game really and we eventually it told and we took the lead with an absolute belter of a goal by Coleman. I know it was at the keepers near post but that was an unstoppable effort. I expected us to go on from there and keep piling on the pressure, but we did the opposite and let them off the hook and they came at us chasing an equaliser. They could have equalised pretty much straight away as well but squandered the opportunity. As it happens they didn’t take much longer to get the equaliser. And it was down to a bit of luck falling Swansea’s way and a defensive calamity, but not from our defence. I have no idea what was going through Pienaar’s mind! I was fearing the worst if I’m honest; we couldn’t seem to get anything going and I thought the game was only going to go one way – Swansea’s – and at that point I would have been happy with a point. However, we showed a dogged determination which McCarthy epitomised by running from deep in our own half right into Swansea’s half and won the free kick that Barkley duly dispatched. And how! What a beautiful goal it was. It was quite far out and yet he didn’t put that much power on it; the goal was owed to his technique and finesse. Even re-taking the lead didn’t do much to calm us down; we still had a few more hairy moments to go through before the three points were safe!

We were fortunate to come away with the three points but I’ll be happy with not playing at our best and still winning.

Sin Miedo

Howard – As has often been the case this season he hardly had anything to do (only three shots on target for Swansea), but when called upon he made some vital saves.

Coleman – What a phenomenal second half performance from. Truly class. I’ve been critical of him this season but the past few games he’s really shone. None more so than today, IMO. He bombed up and down the wing like a little whippet, and more often than not he was a danger rather than getting up the pitch and then not having a clue what to do with the ball and losing it. That mazy run he made early in the second half was something else! And the determination, and pace, he showed to get on the end of the ball Lukaku left because he was offside! Then there’s his goal… Fuck. Me. What a strike that was. Where Barkley’s was a thing of beauty, Coleman’s was all power and aggression, and just as satisfying. His defending was also top notch too. My MOTM.

Jagielka – Solid, once again, and brought the ball forward well.

Distin – He also brought the ball forward well but he also had a couple of hairy moments. One right at the end springs to mind when he missed the ball and Vasquez could have got them another equaliser.

Oviedo – Not as good of an attacking display from him than we’ve seen recently but still adequate and was unlucky to get an own goal.

Mirallas – Poor, poor, poor. It was a relief to see him leave the field.

McCarthy and Barry – I don’t think either one of them were as effective as they have been. There were too many times when Swansea had too much time and space in front of our defence.

Pienaar – It’s unfortunate that he messed up for their equaliser because up until then I thought he’d been having a good game, particularly in the second half. In the first half he was probably the only one of our players who found it easy to make space for himself. Some of our other players would do well to learn that skill from him. And second half I thought he was a key reason why we managed to build up pressure on Swansea – as usual he found himself in space at will, and then used the ball very well.

Barkley – A mixed bag from him. I generally thought he was poor apart from a few times when he’d spark into life with either a nice touch or a driving run with the ball. Then he pops up with a special goal. It oozed quality. No blasting the ball, it was all about skill. I could watch it all day.

Lukaku – Yet another game where he’s done next to nothing.

Good write up Romey. I for one will not be overly worried when Lukaku goes back to Chelsea. It has been great having him here but I am sure we won't miss him too much.

He's been very hit and miss for me, lately. Sometimes he's a monster, others he seems to half-ass his way through the match. To be fair, it seems like he's hardly got any service the past 3-4 matches, and today he seemed to not get much service early on and say to himself "It's gonna be another one of these days" and stopped trying at all (still inexcusable).

I thought we were very solid in the first half and other than the first and last few mins of the half we looked in complete control pressing high and forcing them into making mistakes. We got into some good positions as an attacking unit without ever really threatening other than a golden chance for Mirallas who hit a tame effort in the end. Barkley should have also won us a penalty later in the half and i think we were a bit unlucky to not go one up because we really should have scored from both them positions.

I only saw the last 10 mins of the 2nd half and we didnt look as composed as normally do at the end of the game after Barkley scored a cracker. I have it recorded so i will catch up tomorrow.

Good 3 points against a good side, who at times we made look very average in that firat half.

Little boy to dad - "Dad is it true Everton have 34 points?"

Dad - "Yes son."

Little Boy to dad - "Where is my Easter egg?"

Thought we were the better team. Seamus a better finisher than that Saldado dude. What a goal he scored. Anyone still want Hibbert to play?

Hibbo could've done that if he'd wanted to :P.

He's been very hit and miss for me, lately. Sometimes he's a monster, others he seems to half-ass his way through the match. To be fair, it seems like he's hardly got any service the past 3-4 matches, and today he seemed to not get much service early on and say to himself "It's gonna be another one of these days" and stopped trying at all (still inexcusable).

I think he does a lot of work that goes a bit unnoticed at times too. He makes some really good runs and at the moment he has really got the service. Mirallas had a couple of golden opportunities to play him into a goal scoring position but took a shot himself (or lost it). He might not be getting the goals but in truth he isnt having many shots either. His contribution to the team with his allround play is still vital IMO.

He does have an issue judging the flight of a long ball though.

I think he does a lot of work that goes a bit unnoticed at times too. He makes some really good runs and at the moment he has really got the service. Mirallas had a couple of golden opportunities to play him into a goal scoring position but took a shot himself (or lost it). He might not be getting the goals but in truth he isnt having many shots either. His contribution to the team with his allround play is still vital IMO.

He does have an issue judging the flight of a long ball though.

Fair enough. I guess we all judge forwards on their goals and shots on goal a bit too much, rather than their overall performance. On that last bit, we could always bring Anichebe back :P

Unbelievable on this forum some times. Critising lukaku? Did you see how many runs he made and was ignored by mirallas alone? The lad doesn't look like a threat because he isn't being played like one. In the first half he should have scored two if someone had been on his wavelength. Look at the highlights and see we're he was every time. In the box ready for it. He shows, he works hard. He doesn't win many headers as some have said but that's not we got him for and play for fooks sake.

Unbelievable on this forum some times. Critising lukaku? Did you see how many runs he made and was ignored by mirallas alone? The lad doesn't look like a threat because he isn't being played like one. In the first half he should have scored two if someone had been on his wavelength. Look at the highlights and see we're he was every time. In the box ready for it. He shows, he works hard. He doesn't win many headers as some have said but that's not we got him for and play for fooks sake.

Still expect him to be able to control a ball though, he's a premier player isn't he?

He may get himself into good positions but he also jogs around when there centre halfs have the ball and this needs work.

There's no doubt he can be a real good player but he needs to learn. Today he was poor. Poor touch, poor reading of the game and poor work rate.

Good for us cause if Chelsea are watching they won't want him back.