IGNORED

James McArthur

Wouldn't be surprised if this was on. We need another Central midfielder, Martinez knows him, I doubt he'd cost that much. He'd definitely be behind McCarthy, Barry, and Gibson when all are fit though. Who knows if he'd be in front or ahead of Ossie. Mixed feelings if this happened. I know we probably aren't in the market for a top end center mid who will cost a lot of money and slot right in to the first 11, but I'm not sure I really rate McArthur.

McArthur is a good footballer. Not only tough but technically sound. Like McCarthy he has been a regular starter since coming down from Scotland as a kid. I thought he was the better player of the two in their Hamilton days. I seem to remember a similar amount of underwhelment when McCarthy was being mentioned. He has turned out alright. Have some faith in your manager.

Edited by weebittight

• 3 months later...
Guest blueboy122

Martinez wont be going back for any more Wigan players I think after a season here he knows the standard in the squad and with the aim of CL football he will know the likes of James McArthur aren't going to get us there.

Have to say lads i'm actually shocked yous think he's bad. Doesn't get the credit where its due just like Snodgrass. Im guess you see he's Scottish & think he's shit. That'd be a typical Englishman response. McCarthy, Naismith & McGeady are Scottish & they ain't bad. Plus Matthew Kennedy. I know mcgeady & McCarthy play for Ireland but they arent Irish just like how Rhodes isn't Scottish he's English.