IGNORED

Crystal Palace (home)

Matt

I get ya!

He overplays it. Reminds me of a young Ronaldo. Does the hard stuff...then wants to do it again.

Lukakus donkey touch seems to be back.

The other concern for me is that naturally Mirallas and Gerry arent the most determined to track back.

With a lack of McCarthey thats a mixture for disaster surely?

I've kept quiet up to now but deulofeu isn't as good as everyone makes out. He really really frustraites me and I can not see what everyone else can see in him.

Dont hurt me.

After that break now, I couldnt agree more. Easy pull back to McGeady but Ger had to take on his man.... Not the correct option every time

1 down at half time.

On paper this line up is amazing. But you need the players to turn up.

Lukaku has been horrendous. Most balls to his feet bounce off 5 yards!

Something isnt right here, cant put me finger on what but this should work, it really should. Is it too much of a change from how we normally set up?

Frustrating so far and the story of the game so far is that their wide players have simply been better when it matters.

We can still win this game even though its going to be desperately difficult against a team that packs 10 players in the 18 yard box. We need our creative players to be smart and not become too keen.

Naismith is a must to play alongside Lukaku in the 2nd half. I would be tempted to take McGeady off because he is really annoying me with a couple of his lazy passes and thoughtless runs.

Both of their chances are the result of Bolasie's power against one of our full backs. He goes past Baines using his strength for the goal and he uses his strength to get a long ball down against Coleman for his shot against the post. Don't really know what you could do to stop that.

Eventually get Naismith on for Deulofeu and play with Mirallas on the left, Naismith in the middle and McGeady on the right. I'd keep things like they are for a while though. It's the quality of the crosses and other incisive passes that's letting us down so far.

I've been quietly impressed with Mcgeady in the right parts of the pitch. Has looked a little careless coming out of our own half, but I think he's definitely capable of a little bit of magic in and around the box.

Really missing Mcarthy's protection of the back 4 so far too, but think we've had enough possession and created opportunities to get the ball in the right place.... Palace will tire second half and (fingers crossed) we'll win 2/3-1.

Crystal Palace aren't letting us play our game, not giving us any space and getting loads of men behind the ball. Most attacks are like 4 v 8. I think we do actually need McCarthy to settle the midfield and retain possession.

We've had 65% possession. And they've had the ball in our half like 5 times in the entire half. Barkley is having a good game as well in his position imo.

Guest rusty747

This is now going to be very difficult. Palace have something to defend, they are very good at doing just that and they also carry a threat on the break. Next 45 mins will define our season. If we can turn this around and get the win then champions league beckons. Anything less and we won't deserve it.

Martinez just needs to be clear what he expects these attacking creative players to do...there is always a hinderance with attacking flair players that they love to have the ball...so 3 of them is going to create a bit of greed.

Whats annoying is they are looking for the outside run and cross every time. But the cross is either shit or no one reads it.

Naismith on.....gerry off??? Should be more balanced.

This needs my mate naisy. Lukaku frustrating the fuck out of me again. Is it just me or has lukaku lost every ball that's been played into his feet so far? He thinks he's a technically gifted Spaniard. NO, he's a monster, now start putting yaself about like a fucking monster and if not get off the fucking field and get the next train back to houston you pathetic bellend.