IGNORED

Controversial football opinions

Guest Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Rodgers really isn't that good a manager.

The reason Liverpool are where they are is simply down to the two forwards who have scored for fun.

Rodgers really isn't that good a manager.

The reason Liverpool are where they are is simply down to the two forwards who have scored for fun.

I would love to share that opinion but I can't, the reality is that he has proven to be an excellent manager for Liverpool. It would be churlish to say otherwise. He has taken players like Henderson and Sterling and improved them. Kept suarez and sturridge happy, found a good role for Gerrard to influence the games.

He has done very well.

We've been a better team whilst Pienaar's been out.

We have done very well without him, but there have been times when we knock it around the edge of he penalty area and it screams out for a touch of Pienaar.

I'd always want a fully fit Pienaar in the squad and maybe in the starting 11, but to be honest your statement isn't untrue.

To get the best out of Pienaar you probably have to play to his strengths, maybe team work suffers slightly when that happens.

He's probably our most skillful player......what to do with a returning Pienaar ?...........personally I'd play him and take the chance.

Tried to reply to the 'Rogers great manager' dispute, but quotes not functional for some reason.

I would love to share that opinion but I can't, the reality is that he has proven to be an excellent manager for Liverpool. It would be churlish to say otherwise. He has taken players like Henderson and Sterling and improved them. Kept suarez and sturridge happy, found a good role for Gerrard to influence the games.

He has done very well.

Something questionable underway, but only to say, wish I could offer Liverpool plaudits and superlatives for this season - Rogers included - but can't quite bring oneself to offer congratulations. Some kind of inherent dislike for the club in question that remains consistent whether they fail or succeed.

All I know is, Rogers did a great job at Swansea City, took the welsh club back to the EPL, made them recognized once again not seen since the days of Toshack and Latchford, and then tried his hand at Anfield and as it stands, they look on course for (always fucking difficult to type out) - a league championship this year.

But other than that, it's been largely disappointing for him and them together and this recent success has been just that - recent.

I don't think he's duplicated the success he had at Swansea yet. Ok fair enough they're at the league summit as it stands, but one swallow doesn't make for a fucking summer, and will be real interesting to see how Rogers gets by next season - with probably even greater expectations that time around. Damn name was regularly spoken of, of being terminated from his employent,, so many times, just a few short months back of all things.

Certainly no Paisley or Shankly in any event.

We've been a better team whilst Pienaar's been out.

can't agree with that one bit. his creativity is sorely missed. also HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DRIVES INTO THE BOX, the rest of the guys pass around scared to go in there. he drives in and links up.

i miss him more each week and hope he's back soon. yes we do need a young pienaar replacement, but for now i'll take old one as well.

can't agree with that one bit. his creativity is sorely missed. also HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DRIVES INTO THE BOX, the rest of the guys pass around scared to go in there. he drives in and links up.

i miss him more each week and hope he's back soon. yes we do need a young pienaar replacement, but for now i'll take old one as well.

Sorley missed, after winning 6 on the bounce and destroying Arsenal...

As the only one, Pienaar's temporary replacement, Deulofeu never drives into the area, its why he wont make it at Barcelona...

For the first time tonight we struggled to complete passes.

For me, the rest of Pienaar's play is;

Stand around, hope i get the ball, thanks Bainsey lad, i'll over complicate this next easy pass, tries back flick, aww fuck went the opposition, look dispondent, run back to retrieve at 60% energy but wave arms energetically so it looks like im really trying, ooooh...hes gone. Lunge in, give away foul. Repeat for 90minutes.

I guarantee, when Ossie and Pienaar start, we'll have a lower pass accuracy/completion rate, than without at least one of them.

Edited by tenaciousj

Sorley missed, after winning 6 on the bounce and destroying Arsenal...

As the only one, Pienaar's temporary replacement, Deulofeu never drives into the area, its why he wont make it at Barcelona...

For the first time tonight we struggled to complete passes.

For me, the rest of Pienaar's play is;

Stand around, hope i get the ball, thanks Bainsey lad, i'll over complicate this next easy pass, tries back flick, aww fuck went the opposition, look dispondent, run back to retrieve at 60% energy but wave arms energetically so it looks like im really trying, ooooh...hes gone. Lunge in, give away foul. Repeat for 90minutes.

I guarantee, when Ossie and Pienaar start, we'll have a lower pass accuracy/completion rate, than without at least one of them.

Totally disagree with all of that.

How can you disagree with me stating that we won 6 on the bounce?

Or that we destroyed Arsenal?

Or that Deulofeu DOES run into the box?

Which, unfortunately, all have evidence to prove each case?

Which my friend, is why I just dont take anying you ever say into consideration :)

Ditto mate and this time you're talking absolute tripe about Pienaar. Edited by MiguelCotto

I stopped posting after you joined sir, didnt think the site slogan stood for much after your participation. Helped turn this place into a bit of a circus.

I would normaly agree that i've been talking tripe, should Pienaar have proved differently, unfortunately he hasnt.

Oh sorry mate. Sorry for giving a different opinion. You are talking shite about Pienaar and when he's fit he'll play again.

wow, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black :lol: they their for exactly that reason, when you disagree with someone. I just happen to disagree with you a lot.

No. Because I don't Neg you. You are a serial negger. Every fucking post like clockwork

No. Because I don't Neg you. You are a serial negger. Every fucking post like clockwork

:rofl: didn't you just do exactly that?! And it's rare I 'neg' someone, it's only when I think the post is extremely stupid and idiotic. I'm just giving my opinion without justifying the post with a response

Oh sorry mate. Sorry for giving a different opinion. You are talking shite about Pienaar and when he's fit he'll play again.

You're welcome to different opinions, I just dont like the way you sometimes force your view into conversations. Or make sweeping statements based on....not a lot. Thats all :)

Your opinions differs like everyone elses does, its just they express it...better.

You may continue.

Please note however, that this thread, is the controversial football opinions thread and I wanted to test the waters based on my opinion. If you dont agree, which quite clearly you dont, that makes your opinion 'not controversial' and arguably favourable with the masses.

In summary, if anything, ive given the 'different' opinion. So dont take it personal.

You're welcome to different opinions, I just dont like the way you sometimes force your view into conversations. Or make sweeping statements based on....not a lot. Thats all :)

Your opinions differs like everyone elses does, its just they express it...better.

You may continue.

Please note however, that this thread, is the controversial football opinions thread and I wanted to test the waters based on my opinion. If you dont agree, which quite clearly you dont, that makes your opinion 'not controversial' and arguably favourable with the masses.

In summary, if anything, ive given the 'different' opinion. So dont take it personal.

Ok, that's fine. Just the way I post if its disruptive then I guess I'll get ignored.

However even though its a controversial opinions thread I'm sure it's open for discussion. Pienaar tonight may well have proved the difference with his link up play. He's certainly nowhere near as bad as you describe.

Considering you only neg for "extremely" stupid and idiotic things I think you best neg yourself.

If you disagree, then fair enough. I never mentioned I wanted Stones playing there full time, i mentioned it as an alternative to Barkley replacing Barry for the City game. I also explained why.

If you disagree, then fair enough. I never mentioned I wanted Stones playing there full time, i mentioned it as an alternative to Barkley replacing Barry for the City game. I also explained why.

It was the "stupid idiotic" post which annoyed me to be fair and the constant red -1..... Then Matt.

I think you're generally a good poster.

It was the "stupid idiotic" post which annoyed me to be fair and the constant red -1..... Then Matt.

I think you're generally a good poster.

my bad, wasn't meant as a dig at you in particular. Just how I use the red button. Didn't think I was always negging you, I know I've certainly agreed with you quite a few times too.

Leave it at that?

my bad, wasn't meant as a dig at you in particular. Just how I use the red button. Didn't think I was always negging you, I know I've certainly agreed with you quite a few times too.

Leave it at that?

Yeh, sorry. Just pissed off with the team. Done a few shit posts tonight.

May as well add another dispute into the ring and suggest Catterick was a better manager than Kendall, no seriously.

I think the team from say 1967 - 71 was better than the one from the mid 1980s, and if they had seen gone on to win the '71 European Cup, that would just about sway it in that direction, although maybe Cryuff and Ajax Amsterdam may never of been beaten in the end, but we'll never know after the last eight elimination.

Another black mark for Kendall would be the disappointing second and third returns, with the latter being one of the most forgettable in the clubs history. Just have a preference for Catterick over Kendall, and it is (quote) opinions that may be controversial after all, but content enough to stick with it.