• Leighton Baines
    • Gareth Barry
    • James McCarthy
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Naismith
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Gerard Deulofeu
    • Romelu Lukaku

Stones, first time I can remember not being terrified of every long ball over. Deulofeu would have got it if he stayed on longer as he was the only one pushing for a goal with the rest crabbing their pants in front of the goal.

Nice to see Lukaku grab a goal and get into double figures. Not many Everton striker have managed that in the last decade.

Me but I made note of watching him like a hawk today and he was very good.

That's the thing, though. You have to be watching him all the time to appreciate the extent of his contributions. He never stops running, he's forever creating space, he's shifts play from one side to the other, and he gets right in there to rob the ball from the opponents. He's not one to make headlines in the paper, but he's becoming invaluable to the team. I can see him becoming an Everton captain in the not-too-distant future, because he's the general who leads the army.

McCarthy...fallin in love..like a better, younger lee carsley...also i can only remember 1 slight mistake from stones...not a few cock ups unless i missed something..his use of the ball is superb..perfect Martinez defender

The only mistake I can renenber him making was when he had the touch of an elephant and miscontrolled a simple ball and gifted Caroll a free shot at goal, other than that I thought he did ok

The only mistake I can renenber him making was when he had the touch of an elephant and miscontrolled a simple ball and gifted Caroll a free shot at goal, other than that I thought he did ok

Wasnt that Stones? on the edge of the Box, good strike by Carroll but it was straight at Howard?

McCarthy was outstanding i thought. There was a moment when he had the ball in our half and he took 3 West ham players out the match with 1 pass through them all. Great player.

Wasnt that Stones? on the edge of the Box, good strike by Carroll but it was straight at Howard?

McCarthy was outstanding i thought. There was a moment when he had the ball in our half and he took 3 West ham players out the match with 1 pass through them all. Great player.

The one on the MOTD highlights was definitely Stones.

Lol Im still hungover I thought that you were talking about Stones for some reason!

there was another at least, when he tried to keep the ball going from a corner which gave the ball straight to one of their players who whipped it in for Nolan. Appreciate what he was trying to do, but still a cockup. I'm really nitpicking though, he had a great game without those exceptions and I expect him to be a great player for many years

Baines for me, continues to do what's needed in defence and also continues to be our main threat going forward.

They didn't use Coleman much Saturday, making what Baines did down the left vital, he set up Pienaar for his shot at the post and Lukaku for the goal.

Takes corners, free kicks, defends and attacks, makes the tea at half time and washes the kit.....would just like him to drift into midfield a bit more though, when he's got a minute.