IGNORED

Everton vs Cardiff

Cornish Steve

Before everyone feels the need to start being ultra positive with threads now cause there still buzzing from the goal. Let me just say, we were shite. Inaffective in the last third again and again. Don't create enough, still leave it wide open at the back. If that was a better side they would have picked us off there. We need some bug signings in the summer.

Flat, left early, missed the winner

Aye agree with the fact that we need to sort it out, but look at united previous seasons, last minute goals won them titles. Chelsea this season too, they've hardly been prolific, they've just done what they needed to do. Today was never going to be easy, we edged it and we did what we needed to do.

Seamus Coleman was brilliant all game IMO and has been our stand out player this season. What a bargain.

Mcgeady really did liven things up. You can see he's getting a lot fitter and he now looks a useful player.

For me there is no plan B though. Going to be controversial but why do we continue to stick with two sitters when things need lifting? I find Barry and McCarthy spare when we are chasing games like today. Two fellas doing the same job and not benefiting our attack other than building it up from the back.

We definitely need that central box to box midfielder. Missing one massively in my opinion. Someone who switches defence to attack with no effort.

mcgeady should be starting all games now he's a better option than Gerry/osman/mirallas

mcgeady should be starting all games now he's a better option than Gerryosman/mirallas

He looked a different player today sharper etc but far too early to say he should be a starter ahead of those two.

Thought Deulofeu was very wasteful today, like others said he is not at the moment nearly good enough for Barca.

Mirallas was very lively but needs to find that killer pass instead of going for goal.

everyone else was solid but we need to find the killer pass, also Barkley should have been in sooner.

COYB we need to make that late rush and hope for an 8 point stumble for the reds, then Champions League will be ours ;)

I don't think he's good enough for barca.

He's definitely got the foundation to be good enough. Where he lacks is the basics in passing. When he's on the front foot with space infront of him he can be lethal. He'll make it there in my opinion. But he's not ready yet and they will know this.

I knew this soundbite would be spouted. Patience? No, it was just abysmally slow and I was bored out of my mind for most of the game.

It's been the same at Goodison since the turn of the year and there are people convinced we are playing good football. It's boring with no cutting edge.we lack ideas for 80% of the game.

If the wing backs aren't bombing forward we are missing a box to box midfielder. Can't stress it enough.

I'm gonna say it now, Martinez is getting his first "fuck right off bollocks" post off me.

Unacceptable, playing the game like it's an international friendly. Get that tempo sorted, possession does not mean go slow, work the opponents. Last 10 minutes were great.

Maybe it's me, but some of them players are mentally incapable of going for jugulars. Ultra positive sound bites from rm stating we needed patience is far from what we need. Urgency.

I knew this soundbite would be spouted. Patience? No, it was just abysmally slow and I was bored out of my mind for most of the game.

did you watch the second half? it was end to end wide open. very excited for me.

i agree with most of the stuff above about subs and roster. mirallas is too selfish (same with gerry), and i'd rather see mcgeady now that he's fit. barkley as well and no more osman. i'd still like to see pienaar start and get subbed off around the 60-70 minute mark. gerry and mirallas as impact subs would be fantastic. also why naismith on the wing? he should either be striker or not on, go 442 if you want Rom to stay on, but don't put steven on the wing.

I'm beginning to worry about some of the selections Martinez is making,after scoring he should have left Gerry on and replaced mirallas and osman.

Totally agree, those were the two I was expecting to go off. The latter in particular. How he managed to still be on the pitch after 81 minutes was a joke.

did you watch the second half? it was end to end wide open. very excited for me.

Funnily enough I watched the whole game, start to finish, like I always do. And it was only exciting at the end when we found some urgency. Other than that we spluttered into life occasionally and then retreated back to playing slow, boring, shite.

the bit that i do think about again and again is.... do you think wr woukd be in the same position now if we brought in either poyet or ole gunnar?

the only reason i say this is both managers have the same mentality as RM and i think they woukd get the same out of our squad as he has. i still love RM but cant help thinking this when his way of playing works against us aand we cant seem to change our way of playing. we are very one dimentional as a team.

i think what i mean is... i feel everton have done rm a favour as much as he has done us one.

Funnily enough I watched the whole game, start to finish, like I always do. And it was only exciting at the end when we found some urgency. Other than that we spluttered into life occasionally and then retreated back to playing slow, boring, shite.

haha, i get your point. i didn't feel it was boring but i get your sentiment about the style of play. dominate possession and march to the box, only to pass around and give it away or have mirallas shoot it out of the park. i agree with that part that we need to be more clinical and not take so many shots on the edge of the box. mcgeady was getting those passes in and looked sharp, i feel he's less likely to take as many shots as Kev is. Kev is almost like Kyrptonite to Lukaku, because instead of trying to get it to him, he just keeps it for himself and shoots.

I'm gonna say it now, Martinez is getting his first "fuck right off bollocks" post off me.

Unacceptable, playing the game like it's an international friendly. Get that tempo sorted, possession does not mean go slow, work the opponents. Last 10 minutes were great.

Maybe it's me, but some of them players are mentally incapable of going for jugulars. Ultra positive sound bites from rm stating we needed patience is far from what we need. Urgency.

Then you watched a different game to me. We came out of the blocks with energy. We ended the game with energy. McGeady was the right substitution at the right time. Who knows the fitness levels right now for Deulofeu and Barkley? I'm sure that factored into the decisions.

One thing is clear, though: We must have a plan to replace the aging players. Osman will soon be out of the team, and Pienaar struggles beyond 60 minutes (maybe the enforced rest will help him). How much longer can Distin keep up the pace? This is a period of transition in terms of style, but it must also be a transition to becoming a younger team.

haha, i get your point. i didn't feel it was boring but i get your sentiment about the style of play. dominate possession and march to the box, only to pass around and give it away or have mirallas shoot it out of the park. i agree with that part that we need to be more clinical and not take so many shots on the edge of the box. mcgeady was getting those passes in and looked sharp, i feel he's less likely to take as many shots as Kev is. Kev is almost like Kyrptonite to Lukaku, because instead of trying to get it to him, he just keeps it for himself and shoots.

Mirallas will be the death of me, I swear it. So much ability and yet he is unbelievably wasteful. Two good chances for him today that he was unlucky with, and then the rest of the game for him can be summed up with "for fucks sake, Mirallas." Deulofeu was wasteful as well but he's 19, you expect it. Kev's at his peak now and he should be doing so much better.

McGeady was great, I'm tempted to vote him my MOTM. He was direct, tricky and he was the only one capable of putting a quality ball into the area - Baines has forgotten how to find a blue shirt, Coleman just can't cross, Deulofeu pile drives it into the first man and Mirallas just doesn't want to give the ball to any one else.

I was bored because it was so slow. I've got no problem with playing slowly and being patient in possession but it's just not entertaining when the side don't change the pace. Changing the pace in an instant from walking pace to driving at the opposition is entertaining. What we do (at the moment) is mind numbing.

I was bored because it was so slow. I've got no problem with playing slowly and being patient in possession but it's just not entertaining when the side don't change the pace. Changing the pace in an instant from walking pace to driving at the opposition is entertaining. What we do (at the moment) is mind numbing.

Someone posted here recently that it's better to have ugly wins than attractive draws. While I don't agree that the game was totally boring, it's interesting to see the reaction when we do get what's perceived to be an ugly win.

Someone posted here recently that it's better to have ugly wins than attractive draws. While I don't agree that the game was totally boring, it's interesting to see the reaction when we do get what's perceived to be an ugly win.

I wouldn't call today an ugly win really. It's not like we hoofed our way to a win or anything. We didn't change our tactics from keeping possession etc, we stuck to our principles.

My problem with the way we're playing at the moment is the complete inability to change the pace. There's no change up. It's all one paced. I want us to pass, pass, pass, keep hold of the ball. But after the patient build up I want the BAM, where we tear the opposition apart and actually CREATE something. That's where we're letting ourselves down and that's why I'm bored for large periods of our games lately.

Then you watched a different game to me. We came out of the blocks with energy. We ended the game with energy. McGeady was the right substitution at the right time. Who knows the fitness levels right now for Deulofeu and Barkley? I'm sure that factored into the decisions.

One thing is clear, though: We must have a plan to replace the aging players. Osman will soon be out of the team, and Pienaar struggles beyond 60 minutes (maybe the enforced rest will help him). How much longer can Distin keep up the pace? This is a period of transition in terms of style, but it must also be a transition to becoming a younger team.

We came out the blocks and got to the final third. There was no urgency or energy, they got belief.

A poor, poor performance and the injury time celebration of a fluke was embarrassing.

Too lethargic, too lazy, possession is great but notbwhrn you let the other team have time to get 10 men in front of you.

I don't agree with your suggestion that there was no change of pace. A couple of times during the first half, the commentators (on the stream I was watching) really praised the pace with which we broke from defence. The game may have been slow at times without a sense of dynamic, but there were other times when we knew exactly what to do.

not when you let the other team have time to get 10 men in front of you.

This is the important bit for me. We don't have the canniness to break a side down when they have everyone back behind the ball, so the key is to go at the opposition, put them on the backfoot and don't allow them to get organised. If there's an opening then drive into it. We often slow eveything right down and then the opportunity is gone.

If we really played with the arrogance that Martinez wants us to then we'd go for the jugular.